Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Definitely true. But we certainly can tell who's better now from the same draft.

I understand that you left the 1st rounders out but they are still in the 6th spot in every round... that's what I meant by that. Essentially their average 2nd round pick those years was about 5 spots lower than our average first pick....and so on and so on. NJ was picking 15 to 25 spots after them in every round.
So? His evaluation was about the quantity of players who turned into NHLers from the later rounds. When evaluating a large number of draft picks of varying positions, our actual position matters very little. Once you get deep in the draft there is also very little consensus in rankings.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I don't think anyone should be taking notes from anybody who would rather Merrill and Boucher to Larsson and Kovalchuk

Everyone's entitled to whatever opinion they want, but I wouldn't get worked up about it is what I'm saying.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You're starting this conversation the week of the opening puckdrop and begging to have it the day before Nico Hischier's debut. That's all that needs to be said. You want to talk about it next August, fine, make sure to bring your strawmen and we can discuss it, but I've no inclination to talk about this now.

Here here. There was plenty of time in the offseason to argue about Castron's drafts ten years ago. You guys are taking the bait cause you're just bored with the long layoff. Let's bring this back around to talking about the team on the ice tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So the new scoreboard is officially the biggest in the league.

Not according to Detroit lol...not that I care but it's just humorous every team has to be bigger and better till you have a Jerryworld scoreboard where it can be big enough so punts can hit off it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah I didn't see the date but it got retweeted recently for some reason :P

Yeah ours is bigger at this point, still anxious to see how it looks tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any bugs in it, or at least not as many as HF has had since the changeover :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hah I didn't see the date but it got retweeted recently for some reason :P

Yeah ours is bigger at this point, still anxious to see how it looks tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any bugs in it, or at least not as many as HF has had since the changeover :laugh:

I posted why. The team's social media is throwing shade at then lol

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm having a Shakespeare moment...

(From Much Ado About Nothing )

Emperoreddy: "Neighbor, you are tedious."

Aethon: "Truly, for mine own part, if I were as tedious as a king, I could find it in my heart to bestow it all on your worship."

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I read somewhere that it also puts out a lot of heat.

Iirc it's SMD LEDlighting which puts out little heat (at least from what I've read). Now I would think if you're using 2.5 million LEDs or whatever it is then yeah their would be some heat but the ice conditions were just because it's unseasonably warm and there was a concert last night.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm having a Shakespeare moment...

(From Much Ado About Nothing )

Emperoreddy: "Neighbor, you are tedious."

Aethon: "Truly, for mine own part, if I were as tedious as a king, I could find it in my heart to bestow it all on your worship."
You forgot "Your Worship" in the address. I like that part.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I wonder why Gross brings up Stafford wearing an A but not Johansson. Johansson wore the A in a couple of games and Stafford didn’t and Stafford is only here for a year. Trivial stuff because it seems a lot of players will wear letters this year lol but jw

Someone asked who would be in the group, he probably just forgot, like how he forgot Palmieri.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
4 rookies on the opening night roster is the most I recall since Madden, Rafalski, White and Gomez in 1999-2000. Think Hischier, Bratt, Butcher and Santini can match those guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad