Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
That's an encouraging development. I wouldn't mind if Palmieri took a game or two off, even if he's fine, just to rest and avoid further injury.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks like if both Palmieri and Stafford can't play tomorrow, we will be going with 11F/7D.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If the entire justification for Gibbons being in the lineup is the PK, then Gibbons certainly wont be in the lineup when Zajac returns.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Very relived that he's okay, with a young team like this guys like K-Palms are so important. I love Hischier, Brett, Butcher, and Zacha as much as anyone, but over 82 games each of them will have a bad run. That's when it's important to have top line guys like Henrique, Hall, and Palmieri so the rookies don't feel overwhelmed.

Not sure where the Gibbons hate his coming from. I thought he was fine yesterday.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If the entire justification for Gibbons being in the lineup is the PK, then Gibbons certainly wont be in the lineup when Zajac returns.
Probably not, might even get bumped for Boyle if he comes back first. The fact is though that Gibbons fills a need right now while Wood doesn't.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As much as I didn't want him to make the team, I can't deny that Gibbons had a good game yesterday.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
The long term potential of this forward group is looking real good.

Hall-Zacha- Palmeri
MJ-Nico-McLeod?
Henrique-Zajac-Bratt
JQ-Boyle-Hayes

We are just really lacking a #1 Dman, but this team has potential. Looks like there will be a few players who will probably be expendable.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The long term potential of this forward group is looking real good.

Hall-Zacha- Palmeri
MJ-Nico-McLeod?
Henrique-Zajac-Bratt
JQ-Boyle-Hayes

We are just really lacking a #1 Dman, but this team has potential. Looks like there will be a few players who will probably be expendable.
And that doesn’t even include guys like Boqvist, Speers, Anderson and Bastian. The future is definitely bright.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Looks like if both Palmieri and Stafford can't play tomorrow, we will be going with 11F/7D.

I don't get why they'd do that? Just call up Blandisi, he played well enough to make the team anyway.

Hall - Zacha - Bratt
MoJo - Nico - Hayes
Blandisi - Rico - Noesen
Wood - Coleman - Gibbons

That's fine. Not sure why they'd want to use Gibbons in a top 9 role needlessly. He played okay, but he needs to be glued to the 4th line/PK.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reported that neither Palmieri or Stafford skated on their own. Not good.

Why would they skate today? They played yesterday, are resting supposedly minor injuries and might have a game tomorrow. Might as well give them a day off to see if they can recover enough to play.

Honestly the Devils should probably just call up a forward and sit both tomorrow for precautionary reasons even if there's a chance they can play. It's Game 2 of the season, no need to rush. Why bother with this 11-7 nonsense unless it's just an excuse to get Lovejoy in the lineup :P

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't get why they'd do that? Just call up Blandisi, he played well enough to make the team anyway.

Hall - Zacha - Bratt
MoJo - Nico - Hayes
Blandisi - Rico - Noesen
Wood - Coleman - Gibbons

That's fine. Not sure why they'd want to use Gibbons in a top 9 role needlessly. He played okay, but he needs to be glued to the 4th line/PK.
You can't just call up Blandisi without sending someone down or putting someone on IR.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I think this team is a lot better than we realize.
It's going to take a little more than beating up on a team that was historically bad last year to think the Devils are better than last year. I do think that Nico is better than we realize though and that we'd be a formidable team down the middle when Zajac comes back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gibbons should be down then.

No not after yesterday. The guy played 5:05 shorthanded on a PK that went 6-6. He stays in the lineup at the very least till Boyle comes back. And I didn't even want him in the lineup, though I accurately predicted guys like this always wind up playing more than we want :laugh:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's going to take a little more than beating up on a team that was historically bad last year to think the Devils are better than last year. I do think that Nico is better than we realize though and that we'd be a formidable team down the middle when Zajac comes back.

they are 100% better than last year

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad