Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t get why everyone **** all over this segment. It was meant to be some harmless fun.

I get nobody wants to see fluff while the team is losing, especially with a role player but good grief this is the kind of stuff you guys were crying for years to have - more access, more personality.

Reactions: New Jersey

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
It’d be great if we could get two lines going with Hall-Nico-Bratt and Wood-Zacha-Palmieri. Zajac in a 3C role with two gritty guys is where he will excel. He just needs guys with off the chart compete level. We excelled with secondary scoring earlier so at some point we need to get that back.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he looked fine. no real noticeable mistakes and some solid d plays but didnt really stand out either way

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
hows the wife? unless the eval is for you in which case, how are you?
oh she's fine. She has been dealing with Kidney disease for 5 years now and either needs dialysis or a transplant. We are in the process of final testing for me to donate one of mine to her so she can avoid dialysis. I should know in about 3 weeks if I got final approval to give her mine and surgery would be scheduled for march or early april. I was just annoyed I had to miss the game last night because of it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hall got fined for his board last night? Is that common for boarding penalties?

I didn't think it warranted anything further, but it obviously wasn't a smart play. Just surprised.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
It’d be great if we could get two lines going with Hall-Nico-Bratt and Wood-Zacha-Palmieri. Zajac in a 3C role with two gritty guys is where he will excel. He just needs guys with off the chart compete level. We excelled with secondary scoring earlier so at some point we need to get that back.

When (if...) we get fully healthy, I'd go with Johansson-Zajac-Noesen. Johansson is the puck carrier, Noesen has the compete level, and Zajac can just settle in and do his two-way thing.

Of course, this assumes 9-13-63 and 44-37-21 stick together, but especially after the latter's performance last night, I have no reason to assume otherwise.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm pretty sure that means in the future Hall will be considered a repeat offender which sucks.

It was definitely completely uncalled for, I didn't really think it was that bad, I've seen plenty worse hits against us go unpunished.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I doubt we see Mojo for a while... but I would like an actual update on him.
Live look:

bugsstylemassage.gif

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Glad that Bratt is okay and he's practicing today, was definitely scared a bit after that hit. If one of the big three, especially Hall, goes down or they break them up it's a big blow.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I get nobody wants to see fluff while the team is losing, especially with a role player but good grief this is the kind of stuff you guys were crying for years to have - more access, more personality.

i said the exact same thing last night during it. i thought it was a great pr piece and gave people some insight to the players personalities. my guess people hated it because it didn't have a "star" like hall/nico/bratt in it.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Zajac (retained) for JvR. Small picks either way if necessary

No I dont want to move Zajac I think he serves a purpose but I would for an improvement

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zacha-JvR
Wood-Boyle-Palmieri
Gibbons-Coleman-Noesen

Obviously that is when healthy so lets not attack me on that. Just give input on what you think about this scenario as written.

I wouldnt doubt JvR resigning but even if he didnt Zajac was expendable and we rid ourselves of a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA