Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Of course, but he was scouted.
It's not like the league sent him here without us knowing about it.

Fine, but he was still an undrafted player, so it's not like we wasted a pick on him. Your obsession with blasting David Conte is as old and stale as his drafting was. Stop living in the past.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Fine, but he was still an undrafted player, so it's not like we wasted a pick on him. Your obsession with blasting David Conte is as old and stale as his drafting was. Stop living in the past.

Your obsession of commenting on my hockey discussion of how we ended up with 5 playoffless seasons and close to 6 is getting a little tired to be honest.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Can't believe Zajac only has 7 points and has fallen off so significantly.

I think you give him next season then if he doesn't play at a 35+ point pace, you buy him out potentially depending on if we are going to be spending cap (we should be by then).

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I think you give him next season then if he doesn't play at a 35+ point pace, you buy him out potentially depending on if we are going to be spending cap (we should be by then).

He is young to be falling off the table. Maybe the injury really did him in for this season and he has some tread left on his tires next season. I could see him as the 4C once Boyle’s deal expires. That’s a lot to spend for a 4C but with Greene and Lovejoy and Clowe coming off the books they can probably afford to wait out Zajac. If he’s completely shot maybe he has a relapse and goes on permanent long term IR like Hossa.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That sounds like the best plan.

Give him next season, but no leash as far as PP or top 6 (or even top 9) ice time goes. His leash for next year will be the fact that we're giving him a chance to bounce back.

I think he COULD be a little bit better next year, not where he was before this season, but a bit better. However, I still don't see him here past next season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes, we're definitely missing Scott Wedgewood and his 2.96 career GAA and .906 save percentage.
Wedgewood sucks, been saying it since 2014.

I fully expect to be called out on this the next time he posts a shutout though, since a shutout (and 3 in his career, the next time he has one) obviously means that he's good! Just like the ''Cam Ward has a .917 save percentage this year, not bad for bone dust!'' a month ago or whenever he had those numbers, before they regressed back to where they've been since 2013.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ech0

Oct 3, 2006
Norwood, New Jersey
I love it. "Day in a life of a healthy scratch" hahahahha
"You're the center, you gotta take it up against Jimmy Bergeron...he didn't give Bergeron a chance!"

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Like Wood, Coleman is another guy who has really shown improvement.

Not only have the possession #'s gone up dramatically, (43.77 last year to 49% this year) but his shot's per 60 #'s are pretty impressive this year as well. 4th on team in shots per 60 and 3rd in i-corsi per 60. Big jumps in both those departments.

And the eye test he has so much more jump in his game, speed and motor were always his hall marks as a prospect but I don't think we saw much of it last year, this year though it's evident in each game, especially on the PK.

Would like to see more points from him, I think he can be a scrappy goal scoring type, but overall have to like where his game is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad