Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) II - Let's Overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Play the Czech
He was 6th overall ahead of Brazal, Werenski, Ivan and others.

Put him on a line with some good players like Bratt.
He will produce.

I'd be intrigued by a Zacha-Zajac-Bratt line. A defensively responsible line (three good sticks), with two offensively skilled wingers.

Of course, this assumes the staff will trim Henrique's minutes/role to where it belongs...

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Much rather move Henrique than Zacha. We won't, but we really should. He's lost his role on this team I'm afraid. Henrique could get us decent defensive help.

And I know I'll regret saying this. As pretty much the original Lovejoy basher on this board I will say, he USE to be a very dependable bottom pairing defenseman. Now he was flat out awful last year and cost us games, but maybe there's a chance that that was a fluke year since he hasn't been THAT bad this year. Again, I'm sure he'll just reverse to his awful self, but that's what we got to hope for.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Poor Pavel. I thought he was gonna break out this season. Let's hope he gets really pissed off and makes the changes they want him to make.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Poor Pavel. I thought he was gonna break out this season. Let's hope he gets really pissed off and makes the changes they want him to make.

This could get ugly now that Hynes has gone public with Zacha's agent being a participant in the discussion. It's one thing to involve the agent. It's another to go public with it.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And I know I'll regret saying this. As pretty much the original Lovejoy basher on this board I will say, he USE to be a very dependable bottom pairing defenseman. Now he was flat out awful last year and cost us games, but maybe there's a chance that that was a fluke year since he hasn't been THAT bad this year. Again, I'm sure he'll just reverse to his awful self, but that's what we got to hope for.
He's just getting a much lesser role. Last year he was an everyday player playing big minutes. Tough minutes.

This year he's been playing here and there, not many minutes, not getting tough assignments. He's fresher and playing easier matchups, that will help a player be more effective.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zacha needed to step up his last game. I thought he would...then he continued to be overly passive. We want some fire from him.
agree. We have so many guys playing that uptempo aggressive style, and that's what the team wants, so I think Hynes is trying to change Zacha's approach.

Yes Rico is not a guy who bring a high energy level, but maybe because he is a vet Hynes doesn't expect to change his style. And maybe Rico get's minutes because they want to keep his trade value high.

Perhaps he's trying to get through to Zacha while he is still in his formative stage.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

There's the whole quote from Hynes on Zacha.

For his sake I hope he gets in soon or goes down to Bing to play. I was very very vocal on how I thought Zacha would take that next big step in his career this season, so to see this is really disheartening.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad