Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) II - Let's Overreact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac is literally a blackhole. We go from a touchdown to being shutout. Trade him now before teams figure it out.:sarcasm:
I was waiting for you know who to come in here and tell us that we got shutout because of Zajac's return, despite the fact that we played our best possession game of the season. We just ran into a goaltender that was playing below his means up to this point, while we've also been benefiting from shooting a bit above our means.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I'm all for hating on Stonehands but at least he IS good at faceoffs. When is Henrique going to get stapled to the scratch box? Is Henrique really more useful in the lineup than Zacha? I thought Zacha looked good against Chicago playing on that line, and JH scratches him so Henrique can continue to be invisible.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Zajac returned already? I though he was supposed to be out until december at the very least. How did he look, highlights only showed his Hands of Stone™ twice.

Zacha needs to play. Also Palmieri looks like he has improved his stickwork, guy can dangle.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Zajac returned already? I though he was supposed to be out until december at the very least. How did he look, highlights only showed his Hands of Stone™ twice.

Zacha needs to play. Also Palmieri looks like he has improved his stickwork, guy can dangle.

Palmieri's hands look a lot silkier this year. I thought he was going to bury that toe drag dangle in tight in OT, but Andersen made another great save.

Mark this stretch as Palmieri's turning point as an NHLer. I think he still has room to grow and more to give.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Palmieri's hands look a lot silkier this year. I thought he was going to bury that toe drag dangle in tight in OT, but Andersen made another great save.

Mark this stretch as Palmieri's turning point as an NHLer. I think he still has room to grow and more to give.
Yeah, he looks ready to rip & tear other teams apart from time to time. I can't wait to see what he (and Hall) can do in the playoffs when we eventually get there.

DOES the Atkinson deal give us some idea of what Rico and/or MarJo would expect in an extension?
Hopefully not, I don't like that contract. Atkinson is a good player but that's just too lenghty and costly IMO. Not by a wide margin, but still.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't really know if I am willing to give Henrique anywhere close to a 7 year contract

still think its in our best interest to try and package him up for a top 4 LHD

Reactions: MichaelJ

Camille the Eel

On that toe drag in OT, if Hall goes to the front of the net after giving Palms the puck on that rush, instead of continuing behind the cage, it's a tap in for the winner. Palmieri was looking for him, I thought, and got in too deep because he had no option to slide the puck back across.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Don't want Travis to infect Hall with the Greyscale.
rPNCqww.jpg

Reactions: Ripshot 43

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
DOES the Atkinson deal give us some idea of what Rico and/or MarJo would expect in an extension?

Yeesh. I wouldn't give 7 years to Henrique, and I'd be extremely hesitant to give it to Johansson.

The Jackets definitely overpaid on term, but I don't hate it from the money perspective. Atkinson has 4 straight 20 goal seasons, with 27 and 35 mixed in there. A hair under $6M is what I would expect, especially with that 35 goal season being his most recent.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread NEEDS the Travis stonehands photoshop, hopefully someone saved it :P

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We have a good young forward core and our best prospects are almost all forwards. A 7 year deal for Henrique is nutty. If we could get a first round pick for him in the offseason I'd do it. I'd also trade him right now for a defensive upgrade.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
No way Henrique is re-signed for 7 years, especially if the Devils are serious about Hischier/Zacha/McLeod down the center in the future. 7 years is way too many years for someone who's career really hasn't taken off like we all hoped. That would take him through to like age 35.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We have a good young forward core and our best prospects are almost all forwards. A 7 year deal for Henrique is nutty. If we could get a first round pick for him in the offseason I'd do it. I'd also trade him right now for a defensive upgrade.

I agree that the team is building around young players and it will be a juggling act to avoid clogging up the salary cap as current vets come up for renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad