Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PHZdMId.jpg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Did palmieri go to the school of dangles this off season? his forehand to back hand pull has been on point more times than once this year. Cant really remember him doing any of that the last two years

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I hope this isn't the case, but if the Devils have fallen out of it by deadline time you have to look to move Henrique for the right deal. He's going to be appealing to other teams because he still has another year of control after this. You could probably say the same about Johansson, although I think both being the same age MJ has more upside than Henrique. The team should have a better idea about the potential of the forward group at the deadline. It's obvious we already need help on defense. Butcher/Santini/Severson are looking like a good group but none of them are really shaping up like a #1.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Did palmieri go to the school of dangles this off season? his forehand to back hand pull has been on point more times than once this year. Cant really remember him doing any of that the last two years

Palms has always had sick hands. Check out this move in a 2010 WJC game against Finland:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Palms has always had sick hands. Check out this move in a 2010 WJC game against Finland:

A bit off topic, but that 2010 USA WJC was stacked. Won gold that year against Canada in OT.

- Palmieri
- Fowler
- Stepan
- Carlson
- Kreider
- Johnson
- Zucker
- Gardiner

Edit:

That 2010 WJC final was Devil filled. Notable Canada players:

- Hall
- Henrique
- Kadri
- Schenn
- Pietrangelo
- Eberle
- Hamonic
- de Haan
- Ellis

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Teams are always looking to improve. But one has to think that given their start, and a few recent interviews with Shero, that maybe he thinks our rebuild is moving along a little faster than anticipated and maybe adding a good young defenseman should be done sooner rather than later. We'll probably have to wait until closer to the deadline though and a lot can happen in the standings between now and then.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
McKenzie doesn't just say these things to say them, unlike some of his coworkers, he says them when there is clearly something going on.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
McKenzie doesn't just say these things to say them, unlike some of his coworkers, he says them when there is clearly something going on.

This isnt the first time we've heard this recently either.

And McKenzie gets my vote for, "Most well-connected" NHL media member.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
There's probably some smoke, but I'm curious to see if anything actually gets done.

Are there any teams with excess defensemen that have an immediate need for a surplus forward (say, Henrique)?

Purely speculating based on injuries, but Anaheim and St. Louis come to mind.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Well I sure hope so lol Ray wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't looking for an upgrade on D.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
john quenneville for jacob larsson is something i would try to go for -- both can be in the NHL if not for their teams depth

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Amanda Stein reporting the same lines in practice, Zacha rotating in on 3rd line.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
It's puzzling that we'd sit Zacha again and intentionally put a 4th liner on our third line. One of the most important players in the organization as well. I fail to see how not playing him does him or the team any good.

I would love for him to play, but if they aren't going to play him, I'd rather him be used as a trade piece along with a pick or two for a dman than have him sitting in the AHL with less skilled players playing over him when they are even more prone to making mistakes that he'd be crucified for.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It's puzzling that we'd sit Zacha again and intentionally put a 4th liner on our third line. One of the most important players in the organization as well. I fail to see how not playing him does him or the team any good.

For some players the only way to get on them for not following through with game changes is benching. Zacha’s prior benching revolves around him not being active enough and then he got back in and was fine but still wasn’t very active. So he is back to not getting playing time and he darn well better be active the next game he gets in or he will probably be scratched again.

It’s unlikely Zacha gets near his ceiling if he doesn’t get more active. I’ll sacrifice a bunch games this season if it eventually gets him moving his feet more.

I think the coaching staff believes Zacha earnestly wants to make the changes he needs but just talking about it wasn’t working so now he is getting feedback through not playing. That may be right, it may be wrong; we will never know.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just read that the GM meetings this week in Montreal are taking place at the Windsor Hotel, which is the same hotel where the NHL was formed 100 years ago next week.

Somebody in NHL planning really had their thinking-cap on to come up with that. I like it.

Montreal_-_Windsor_Hotel.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's puzzling that we'd sit Zacha again

Doesnt surprise me Hynes would make no changes, the Devils played arguably their best team game of the season last night, despite running into a beast-mode goalie.

Also, I doubt were a 100% Zacha wont play yet. Hynes tried to scare Severson straight too with a "rotating in" in practice ploy and then wound up playing him anyway.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Play the Czech
He was 6th overall ahead of Brazal, Werenski, Ivan and others.

Put him on a line with some good players like Bratt.
He will produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad