Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Your Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Bernier needs the road start.

At home you can feel the tension that something bad is about to happen on a softie IMO.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Happy both are starting? I knew Bernier was going to start one of two anyways so I wouldn't say that I got my wish.

You wanted Bernier to get the first start, as the record for teams and goalies on the second day of a back to back is dreadful.

And also this:

Bernier sucks on Saturday, please make him play on friday.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm just waiting for the day when randy calls up all the goons out of nowhere and we have a hayday with the other team. Maybe tonight????

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I'm just waiting for the day when randy calls up all the goons out of nowhere and we have a hayday with the other team. Maybe tonight????

I'm already disappointed we are not playing the fourth line. They haven't been great but what do you expect when they play 4-5 mins. Its incredibly hard to play with that kind of icetime

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm already disappointed we are not playing the fourth line. They haven't been great but what do you expect when they play 4-5 mins. Its incredibly hard to play with that kind of icetime

I'm talking we dress 9-10 goons and don't even pretend to play hockey

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
home is pretty lame... fans are quiet and stupid and start to boo jus cause they dont make stupid shots or take too long to set things up

stupid ass fans

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Based on the current line-up, can you please explain to me how you would breakdown the time for each line.

You have to keep in mind that PP and PK time have to be included.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Leafs are slowly starting to establish that hard hitting, fast skating identity that made them successful 2 seasons ago. Loving the 3rd line, as they've set the tone for the team the last 2 games. Have to get Gardiner back in the line up, but man Percy looks like he's got all the tools to be a legit pro.

We got lucky in facing a team that was on the second half of a back to back and another with an elite goalie not on his game. I wonder if the 3rd line can continue playing this style of hockey... I'm kind of digging it. Also, who's gonna be Lupul's replacement and will this mess up 3rd line chemistry, or will someone from the 4th line be bumped up or will guy be put straight into the second line??

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
We got lucky in facing a team that was on the second half of a back to back and another with an elite goalie not on his game. I wonder if the 3rd line can continue playing this style of hockey... I'm kind of digging it. Also, who's gonna be Lupul's replacement and will this mess up 3rd line chemistry, or will someone from the 4th line be bumped up or will guy be put straight into the second line??

The practice lines were already posted in this thread. Kozun was moved into Lupul's spot, 3rd line kept together and Ashton slots into the 4th line.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Based on the current line-up, can you please explain to me how you would breakdown the time for each line.

You have to keep in mind that PP and PK time have to be included.

Sure.. I like 14 14 12 10.. Leaving 10 mins of pp and pk to be distributes to whoever.. 19 17 14 10 roughly?

I think when all lines play it keeps the whole tram fresh and most importantly motivated. I think its Pejorative Slured to see bozak playing 22 mins some nights with Holland on the bench at 4 or 5. I think 4 line teams very important for numerous reasons

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think I've ever seen a game played by any Team(s) that's mistake free.
Leaf fans tend to dwell on theirs more.
Seriously, I don't even know where such nonsense even comes from. The fact is, the Phaneuf - Franson pairing looks very steady and is able to move the puck a lot better unlike when Gunnar was on it.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
I don't think I've ever seen a game played by any Team(s) that's mistake free.
Leaf fans tend to dwell on theirs more.

Well that's the thing now isn't it? Seems like some fans can't appreciate the the fact that other teams also are playing to win and have talent. The games are contests to to see who have the better team at that particular slice of time.

The Leafs are not an elite team but I do see some improvements- and of course some areas for improvement- but when they win I celebrate.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
You wanted Bernier to get the first start, as the record for teams and goalies on the second day of a back to back is dreadful.

And also this:

I mention this like a million times, but I want to start Bernier on Friday is because his numbers on that day are better than his numbers on Saturday, which is why I said Bernier sucks on Saturday and should start first..

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I assume the Wings will want revenge for the last game of the pre-season and how we completely dominated them.

A game is a game, pre-season or not, and I'm sure they will want to step up their game.

If Lupul isn't completely 100%, I don't want him in the lineup. He's shown in the past that when he's not completely healthy, he's close to useless. We have the depth to cover his lost short-term. Perfect time to put Gardiner back in.

And also, obligatory GIF of 'the' play last game:

BareCompassionateIvorygull.gif

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm talking we dress 9-10 goons and don't even pretend to play hockey

I'm with you. Next Boston game I'd like to see our normal top 6 but have 6 goons in the bottom 6 with the 5-6 dmen as goons, too. Just put on a show. lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I assume the Wings will want revenge for the last game of the pre-season and how we completely dominated them.

A game is a game, pre-season or not, and I'm sure they will want to step up their game.

If Lupul isn't completely 100%, I don't want him in the lineup. He's shown in the past that when he's not completely healthy, he's close to useless. We have the depth to cover his lost short-term. Perfect time to put Gardiner back in.

And also, obligatory GIF of 'the' play last game:

BareCompassionateIvorygull.gif

Thanks for that. I saw Percy make that move and pass but didn't realize how he had stripped the puck before hand. Had Kessel finished it that's "Goal of the Year" material.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
That play by Percy explains why Gardner is sitting - that was an elite level defense-into-offense play - beautiful.

Glad to hear Kozun is given another chance up top. He was tagged for the turnover that resulted in the winning Montreal goal.

Bernier's awake now? Hopefully. Play him. He won the Classic last winter and should be ready for the challenge.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thanks for that. I saw Percy make that move and pass but didn't realize how he had stripped the puck before hand. Had Kessel finished it that's "Goal of the Year" material.

Agreed .. Percy with some unreal work in the corner and a great stretch pass .. And Kessel dangling through Barrie would have been a siiick goal

Hope they continue their solid play tonight

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hopefully whenever Gardiner gets in he plays his side. Stupid Randy always puts him with Morgan on his offside. He did this last season, and when Gards switched he started tearing it up. Obviously Randy would put him where he struggles though...

Sorry, but Morgan was playing his weakside when paired with Gardiner last year and this season. At the start of last season Gardiner was tried on his weakside and could not handle it, then Morgan was put of the right side and played there for most of the season..

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Sorry, but Morgan was playing his weakside when paired with Gardiner last year and this season. At the start of last season Gardiner was tried on his weakside and could not handle it, then Morgan was put of the right side and played there for most of the season..

Agreed. No head coach is intentionally trying to make a player look bad - yikes - the comments on here.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Not sure if I like Kozun with Kadri and Winnik. He reminds me too much of Raymond, who I didn't like at all on the 2nd line. Not sure they'll be able to score or even retain good puck control.

I'd rather move down JVR while Lupul is out so you've got your top 4 guys split evenly between the two lines. Or even move Komarov up so you can get a good cycle game going, even if you're not scoring.

But I don't mind seeing Kozun up there for now - he's been doing everything he can, and would love to be proven wrong.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mike Brophy ‏@HockeyBroph
Lupul taking morning skate

I just hope he's 100% healthy. I don't want him to force it and not be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad