Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Your Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would much rather have bernier play today and reimer tomorrow.

I just don't have a good feeling about tonight.

Why does it matter what Goalie is playing if you don't have a good feeling?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm just waiting for the day when randy calls up all the goons out of nowhere and we have a hayday with the other team. Maybe tonight????

Orr and McLaren are not even dressing for the Marlies let alone the Leafs.

This is game today of skill and speed and not physicality when you play Detroit.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Gardiner in for Robidas tonight.

the right move....but Robidas really needs playing time to get himself into gameshape. he's been out a long time.

maybe they can give him a rehab stint with the marlies?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Gardiner in for Robidas tonight.

the right move....but Robidas really needs playing time to get himself into gameshape. he's been out a long time.

maybe they can give him a rehab stint with the marlies?

I pretty sure you're not allowed to do that.

There are very specific rules with rehab stints because of NHL waiver rules and it has to be coming out of a long term injury LTIR. Robidas was never even on IR with the Leafs and he has played games already.

The Leafs might have been able to do that to start the year.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I just think it makes more sense to start bernier today instead of give reimer 3 starts in a row. And reimer plays better on saturdays anyway

I doubt they consider the day of the week when choosing a starter.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Hendrick has this one wrong. Can't see any way Polak sits.

He assumed wrong for sure. Robidad confirmed he's out. (And yes, I love the name Robidad for Robidas. Sue me!)

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Robidas refusing to use injury as an excuse; says he hasn't played good enough so it's not a surprise he's out tonight

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He assumed wrong for sure. Robidad confirmed he's out. (And yes, I love the name Robidad for Robidas. Sue me!)

Robidas refusing to use injury as an excuse; says he hasn't played good enough so it's not a surprise he's out tonight

Not surprised it's Robidas. He hasn't been awful, more the worst of a good bunch.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

I actually thought that this move would have happened for the Colorado game as Gardiner playing against the Avs would have made sense with Robidas playing back to back games of Pens and Rangers.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With the rumours circulating of Leafs interest in E. Staal one has to wonder if Gardiner playing is part of a showcasing and potential future trade.

Sitting him in the pressbox wouldn't help Leafs cause in a trade scenario.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I am encouraged that the coaching staff had the stones to make the right call regarding Robidas. I'm sure he'll come around, but Gardiner needs to get back in and at this point in time, Robidas deserves to sit out based on his form thus far.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
With the rumours circulating of Leafs interest in E. Staal one has to wonder if Gardiner playing is part of a showcasing and potential future trade.

Sitting him in the pressbox would help Leafs cause in a trade scenario.

They weren't going to let him rot there.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Robidas will likely be back in tomorrow, missed training camp and coming back from injury this is expected.

As long as Dion stays on the left side, this is fine. Gardiner's destiny is in his own hands.

No way Percy or Rielly should come out.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Robidas will likely be back in tomorrow, missed training camp and coming back from injury this is expected.

As long as Dion stays on the left side, this is fine. Gardiner's destiny is in his own hands.

No way Percy or Rielly should come out.

What are your thoughts on Bernier getting the marquee HNIC start?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Argggg I don't like Rielly and Gardiner together. It's likely to fail again.

yep... both gardiner and rielly are amazing... but each of them need more of a stay at home defender to be effective. otherwise they're too weak defensively. Polak I think is the perfect partner for one of them (Gardiner probably).

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak
Percy - _____

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Excited for the game tonight. Screw going out and drinking I'm catching this.

It's nice to be amped for games again. Last year I felt like I was wasting my time. Absolutely love the defense, very exciting

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Now that it is all but confirmed that Reimer starts tonight, page 4 of this is fun read, different people and their theories trying to justify/rebut the decision. :laugh:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I really don't like the Gardiner-Reilly pairing, and I love them both individually.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I really don't like the Gardiner-Reilly pairing, and I love them both individually.

Neither do I, I smell a lost coming tonight, hope I am wrong. But Gardiner Franson, or Gardiner Rielly spells a rough night for our GA. Maybe this is why Reimer is in. RC has more confidence in him.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
What are your thoughts that Reimer is getting his 3rd start in a row?

I'm a Leaf fan, I don't care who Starts as long as they win.
I think Bernier's a better Goalie but I have no complaints with Reimer this year.

You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I think most feel that way. But they are like brothers though so I understand the logic for the coaches. They have chemistry.

When they are on, the pairing can look great, especially on the PP, but more often then not, it can get pretty hectic if the other team gets a cycling game going. They need to play a lot more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland