Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Your Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What channel (Rogers in the GTA) is it on? I searched the on-screen guide on my PVR so that I could set it to tape but, according to that, the game isn't being broadcast.

Sportsnet Ontario.

But yeah, it does appear that the Rogers listings are incorrect for tomorrow night. Especially since there are no MLB playoffs tomorrow night.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lines At Practice;

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Kozun - Kadri - Winnik
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Frattin

Phaneuf - Franson
Percy - Polak
Rielly - Robidas

Gardiner is the 7th D-man still. Lupul isn't practicing.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lines At Practice;

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Kozun - Kadri - Winnik
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Frattin

Phaneuf - Franson
Percy - Polak
Rielly - Robidas

Gardiner is the 7th D-man still. Lupul isn't practicing.

God damn it Lupul. You played a great last couple games and then you get injured... :rant:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Should note that Gardiner is getting some reps with the second PP unit.

Safe to say he's playing Friday. Panik or Frattin sit out.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
So say we win 20 in a row, then lose 1, you then start making changes? The logic is flawed. If there is a chance to improve your team you take it, that's why cup contenders make trades at the deadline regardless of a win streak.
exactly. if Phil was hurt and they won 3 in a row without him they don't hold him out until they lose.

you ice the team that has the best chance to win against your next opponent

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Would like to see

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Robidas
Percy - Polak
Franson

Don't think we'll get this, but it would be nice.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Franson has been good, can't see him sitting out. If Jake is getting back into the lineup it's going to be at the expense of Rielly IMO.

Good offensively... he's still been bad and had a BRUTAL giveaway in his first game back. He's really only good on the PP and still manages to turn it over on the PP a ridiculous amount of times.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Leafs are slowly starting to establish that hard hitting, fast skating identity that made them successful 2 seasons ago. Loving the 3rd line, as they've set the tone for the team the last 2 games. Have to get Gardiner back in the line up, but man Percy looks like he's got all the tools to be a legit pro.

I really hope this team tries to emulate that style of play. The personnel we have would fit playing a speed oriented game, with lots of transition.

Problem being if you're eager for a counterattack or rush, you get burned going back.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050

Jonathan Bernier was the first goalie off the ice at practice, suggesting that he could start Friday with James Reimer to follow Saturday.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 50m50 minutes ago
Jonathan Bernier was the first goalie off the ice at practice, suggesting that he could start Friday with James Reimer to follow Saturday

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050 · 28 mins 28 minutes ago
Leafs will split their next four games in goal, given the two sets of back-to-backs. Wouldn't seem to matter then who gets the next start.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050 · 28 mins 28 minutes ago
Leafs will split their next four games in goal, given the two sets of back-to-backs. Wouldn't seem to matter then who gets the next start.

So... 3 sets of back-to-back games in the first 8 games to start the season?

Seems fair

Glad it gives a chance for Bernier to get some time in to round into form .. Hope Reimer keeps up the solid play

Swayze*

I'm the leader of Leafs nation

everybody and their aunt knows this

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Bernie Friday, HNIC to Reims. And if Carlol is content with a 7 minute 4th line then let's go back to 11 forwards and 7 D so we can #FreeGardiner. Panik or Holland sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad