Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Your Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 50m50 minutes ago
Jonathan Bernier was the first goalie off the ice at practice, suggesting that he could start Friday with James Reimer to follow Saturday

Oh, I bet you're happy. You got your wish.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^ Carlyle has to get his fourth line playing 10-12 minutes over these next two games to ensure the top lines stay rested

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Being back to back games, it is fair Bernier is getting in on Friday, good to see Reimer get the higher profile Saturday night game. Reward for his 2 game winning streak no doubt.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Being back to back games, it is fair Bernier is getting in on Friday, good to see Reimer get the higher profile Saturday night game. Reward for his 2 game winning streak no doubt.

:laugh: No doubt

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Or maybe the coach noticed Bernier number on Saturday and choose to start him on Friday...? Don't you think it's odd Reimer doesn't get to start the first game of back to back when he's played well this year?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Or maybe the coach noticed Bernier number on Saturday and choose to start him on Friday...? Don't you think it's odd Reimer doesn't get to start the first game of back to back when he's played well this year?

Nope, nothing odd about it at all.

They were splitting these games even had Bernier hypothetically won 2 games, and Reimer lost 2 games(roles reversed) Reimer getting Saturday night(HNIC game) is usually reserved to the Goalie that has the edge right now.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Typically the #1 Goalie would get the Home Game on a back to back.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Nope, nothing odd about it at all.

They were splitting these games even had Bernierhypothetically won 2 games, and Reimer lost 2 games(roles reversed) Reimer getting Saturday night(HNIC game) is usually reserved to the Goalie that has the edge right now.

Were you not the one that said we shouldn't touch the "winning formula"? It's great that Reimer is getting HNIC but I also believe the management did their homework and checked Bernier's numbers in Saturday's game and made their decision accordingly.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Were you not the one that said we shouldn't touch the "winning formula"? It's great that Reimer is getting HNIC but I also believe the management did their homework and checked Bernier's numbers in Saturday's game and made their decision accordingly.

I would have played Reimer until we lost, but I am not the coach, it doesn't mean I do not understand why RC is splitting games. If you do not start Bernier in one of these 2 games, you may lose him as a coach. Seriously you are reading way too much into this. Reimer gets the marquee game on Saturday, RC went back to him on Tues. There is no doubt who RC believes is playing better at the moment, stats wise and eye test wise.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I would have played Reimer until we lost, but I am not the coach, it doesn't mean I do not understand why RC is splitting games. If you do not start Bernier in one of these 2 games, you may lose him as a coach. Seriously you are reading way too much into this. Reimer gets the marquee game on Saturday, RC went back to him on Tues. There is no doubt who RC believes is playing better at the moment, stats wise and eye test wise.

I'm sure Randy does but he knows from experiences (last season) who to depend on when things are getting tough. Randy making the right decision by letting Bernier play in the home crowd and letting Reimer play on HNIC.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Komarov has to be the most interesting man in the world, or at least the NHL.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
What stands out to Bernier about Komarov? "Just the way he talks, I guess, & has chew in his mouth 24 hours (laughs)."

Kadri on Komarov: "He’s always coming up with new stories"; Leo spent time in Finnish military & has some good tales to tell

What has Mike Santorelli learned from sitting beside Komarov in dressing room? "A few things that I don’t know I want to say on camera"

Franson says Komarov is full of surprises: "We go on the road & we’re going out & he's in the lobby playing the piano."

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Komarov has to be the most interesting man in the world, or at least the NHL.

What stands out to Bernier about Komarov? "Just the way he talks, I guess, & has chew in his mouth 24 hours (laughs)."

Kadri on Komarov: "He’s always coming up with new stories"; Leo spent time in Finnish military & has some good tales to tell

What has Mike Santorelli learned from sitting beside Komarov in dressing room? "A few things that I don’t know I want to say on camera"

Franson says Komarov is full of surprises: "We go on the road & we’re going out & he's in the lobby playing the piano."

So glad we signed this dude back...seems like a guy that just keeps shining and keeps the locker light but at the same time very serious when he's on the ice.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If we're going to make the playoffs ahead of Detroit, we need the sweep this weekend! ;)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I own an entire box at the ACC and I just leave it empty cause I like watching from the comfort of my home.

Any chance at getting free tickets to your box for a couple of Leaf games? :dunno:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So glad we signed this dude back...seems like a guy that just keeps shining and keeps the locker light but at the same time very serious when he's on the ice.

He was the best guy on the ice Tuesday. Watching this guy live is an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad