Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Agree, also they are both very efficient and good skaters which has enabled them to log huge minutes at least at the OHL level.

Very excited to see how there two do next season. Expectations are high for sure.
It'll be the most offensive punch GR has had from the blue line since... Almquist? Sproul was always dangerous, but too dangerous on both ends to really take over. I expect we'll see Hronek and Saarijarvi on the PP together, too. Both can shoot, both can pass, both can skate it in and keep the puck. Should be really entertaining.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I do not particularly like small defenseman for Detroit. Saarijarvi played in Flint (OHL) last year and played great first half of the season and not so good the second half. He has been playing well for Mississauga in the OHL, but I think he will get mauled in the NHL at his size.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I do not particularly like small defenseman for Detroit. Saarijarvi played in Flint (OHL) last year and played great first half of the season and not so good the second half. He has been playing well for Mississauga in the OHL, but I think he will get mauled in the NHL at his size.

If he doesn't get better defensively it won't matter

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I have to wonder if de Haas not getting signed is a Wings choice or if he is chosing the UFA route. I wouldn't put too much stock in the article implying Detroit is choosing not to sin him since Detroit writers are notorious shills for the organization.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Filip Larsson was drafted by Tri-City in the USHL draft. He was really good in SuperElit this season.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Melén, Marsh will not be signed.

Melén signed back with his old club in Allsvenskan today. But his numbers in tier 4 hockey this season was really nothing special, he's way too far away from being NHL relevant to keep to so surprises there.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Melén signed back with his old club in Allsvenskan today. But his numbers in tier 4 hockey this season was really nothing special, he's way too far away from being NHL relevant to keep to so surprises there.
Good for him, wish all the best for that kid as he's been through a lot. I doubt he'll stick in the Allsvenskan based on the games I saw from him this season, but a nice gesture from Tingsryd to give him a chance.

Lets hope Håkan finds another Melén in the next few drafts. Had he stayed healthy, I think we could have seen a development curve similar to someone like Henrik Borgström.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Filip Larsson's move to Tri-City (USHL) confirmed. No word on any college commitment but would assume that's the end goal here.

https://www.hockeymagasinet.com/art...mnar-djurgarden-har-inte-funnits-nagon-dialog

Some quotes:
When did you decide to go over?
"Since a year back when I played at the U18 World Cup, I felt like ice hockey over there seemed very exciting and it was something that attracted me a lot. Going over to the USHL and playing there is something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

What attracted you to playing in the USHL?
"There were many things that feel positive. In addition to facing better players and playing at a very high level, I want to try to live in the United States and also have the opportunity to combine studies on the side.

"The decision is entirely my own, but on the other hand they (Detroit) think it's also positive for them because it makes it easier for them to see me. Their goalie coach in the AHL will also have the opportunity to come over and help me and follow my development.

Djurgården had no plans for him and he didn't want to play another year in J20 SuperElit.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Is it a foregone conclusion that Hronek and Cholowski will be with Grand Rapids next year?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Cholowski will be in Prince George for sure, congrats to Hronek on his 3rd team OHL All-Star selection (Olli Juolevi, #5 overall to Vancouver last year shared the same honor)

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
UPDATE: @DetroitRedWings reassign defenseman Vili Saarijarvi to the #Griffins from the @OHLSteelheads. #GoGRG

Looks like the Griffins add Vili Saarijarvi from the Mississauga Steelheads to the roster.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Correct...I think next year he'll have his breakout season

wait, so it wasn't this guy:

Andy-Samberg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad