Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah, I was just looking for a ballpark so I can look ahead at my schedule and see if its a particularly busy week. Thanks for the info.

Have you seen much of Holmstrom? How'd his skating look. That's my big concern about him going forward.

I will get to see him in action in person for the first time on Saturday night. He has been in Winnipeg the 2 games he has played so far. Just seen bits and pieces of him so far. Seems to be fitting right in from what I have noticed so far. Will help the Griffins out for their playoff run.

I hope to meet him and the others Griffins in person on Monday for our booster club awards dinner. Hopefully the Griffins currently in Detroit will be back in time for that as well. With all the new prospects arriving in the past week or two, I hope we have enough tables and chairs for everyone. It was suppose of taken place last Tuesday, but the Griffins had a conflicting schedule with a team sponsored event, so our dinner was postponed to this coming Monday.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I will get to see him in action in person for the first time on Saturday night. He has been in Winnipeg the 2 games he has played so far. Just seen bits and pieces of him so far. Seems to be fitting right in from what I have noticed so far. Will help the Griffins out for their playoff run.

I hope to meet him and the others Griffins in person on Monday for our booster club awards dinner. Hopefully the Griffins currently in Detroit will be back in time for that as well. With all the new prospects arriving in the past week or two, I hope we have enough tables and chairs for everyone. It was suppose of taken place last Tuesday, but the Griffins had a conflicting schedule with a team sponsored event, so our dinner was postponed to this coming Monday.

Holmstrom was a post-season monster in Sweden, guessing the rest of the AHL wasn't real happy to see him come in.

He still looks awfully slow to me when I tuned in for a second to watch.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Holmstrom was a post-season monster in Sweden, guessing the rest of the AHL wasn't real happy to see him come in.

He still looks awfully slow to me when I tuned in for a second to watch.

I don't care what he does. If he scores 10 in 5 in the playoffs I don't care if he only skates on one leg. Skating isn't that big of a deal if he can be a monster in the playoffs

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Skating is a huge deal.. specifically going from the AHL to the NHL some day. I'm sure some can point out some really bad skaters that are productive in the NHL. For every one of those guys you have 20 that didn't make it because of their below average skating.

In terms of skating, the only Wing off the top of my head with pretty bad skating is Henrik Zetterberg up front. His IQ is elite and he had some wheels when he first hit the NHL. Tats isn't the fastest either IMO, but he's not slow by any means.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Skating is a huge deal.. specifically going from the AHL to the NHL some day. I'm sure some can point out some really bad skaters that are productive in the NHL. For every one of those guys you have 20 that didn't make it because of their below average skating.

In terms of skating, the only Wing off the top of my head with pretty bad skating is Henrik Zetterberg up front. His IQ is elite and he had some wheels when he first hit the NHL. Tats isn't the fastest either IMO, but he's not slow by any means.

Skating is a deal to make it. But nobody cares if you can't skate if you carry your team in the playoffs

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think Vähätalo should be on that list too. He was drafted in 2014 as an overager so IIRC they have only 3 years to sign instead of the normal 4.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Yes, De Haas can sign with other teams in mid-August.

All signs point to us letting him go at this point. I am pretty disappointed about that.
Hicketts, Hronek, Russo, Sarajarvi and Renouf That's already 5 D prospects in GR next year and thats already a really young and inexperienced AHL defense. Doubt they want a 6th young guy.

De Haas does seem like a really solid prospect, but sometimes tough decisions need to be made . I might be tempted to give him a shot over Renouf, but the brass seems to like Renouf. Not much motivation for De Haas to sign with us either.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Not sure if "letting him go" is the right term to use if it's in fact him not wanting to sign with us... However none of us actually know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad