Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Svechnikov had a monster night yesterday : 1G + 3A in a 5-1 win.

Bertuzzi also had a 1G+1A night after coming back from injury.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Really hope Tyler has a big playoffs.
Want to see him lock down a checking role with the big club next year. Should be spots available and his game it tailored for it.

I think he'll get some games next season but will definitely start in Grand Rapids. Didn't stay healthy this season but was much better offensively. Next season a top six every single day role is ideal to me IMO.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Really hope Tyler has a big playoffs.
Want to see him lock down a checking role with the big club next year. Should be spots available and his game it tailored for it.

Same id love to see a Bert and holmstrom line that just dominates in the playoffs like the grind line

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hopefully they can get him to stay there next season. I imagine that's the kind of pitch they're going to give him. Play on a good team with a good coach, a lot of young talent, and a fellow Swede so you don't get too lonely. And some other Europeans of mixed types, so the culture isn't too unfamiliar.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Nice to see Saarajarvi staying healthy so far in the playoffs for Missisauga.

Made it through to the Eastern Conference finals and is currently 2nd among Defencemen in playoff scoring with 11 points in 12 games. (Behind Raddysh)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice to see Saarajarvi staying healthy so far in the playoffs for Missisauga.

Made it through to the Eastern Conference finals and is currently 2nd among Defencemen in playoff scoring with 11 points in 12 games. (Behind Raddysh)

Now 4+8=12 points in 13 games for Saarijärvi and Missisauga leads the Final series 2-0.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't speak the language, but this article suggests that the Wings are in the running for Victor Ejdsell. Also Nashville and Chicago, I think?

http://nwt.se/sport/ishockey/2017/04/23/victor-ejdsell-nara-nhl-kontrakt

Victor Ejdsell's season has hardly escaped anyone. Most NHL clubs have shown interest, but he has chosen to only visit three.

Nashville Predators is one of the clubs that Ejdsell chose to visit. According to safe sources, Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are the other two. However, the main character chooses to neither confirm nor dementiate the data.

Nothing can be taken for granted but the trip ending on Wednesday will probably be done in an NHL contract.

- It feels so. I will make decisions when I get home.

Dementiate is a good word. I like that.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Kalamazoo 1 - Toledo 3 Final Game 7 in Toledo. Walleye goaltender Jake Paterson suffered high ankle sprain during game and will not return. Jeff Lerg is in goal for the Walleye.

Kyle Bonis (6th) scored for the Walleye & Charlie Vasaturo (2nd) scored for the K-Wings :52 apart late in the 2nd.

Evan Rankin (5th) & Zach Nastasiuk (3rd) scored :37 apart nearly midway in the 3rd period to seal the deal for the Walleye. Jeff Lerg made 13 saves in relief of Jake Paterson for the win.

Toledo plays the Fort Wayne Komets in the 2nd Round of the ECHL playoffs starting Fri (4/28) & Sat (4/29) in Toledo.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
One thing I really like is, I think Hronek and Saarijarvi are the best puck handling D prospects we have had since probably Kronwall.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
One thing I really like is, I think Hronek and Saarijarvi are the best puck handling D prospects we have had since probably Kronwall.

I think that is probably right. In this never ending quest for a number one defensemen, I think we need to continue to focus on puck skill.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

Agree, also they are both very efficient and good skaters which has enabled them to log huge minutes at least at the OHL level.

Very excited to see how there two do next season. Expectations are high for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad