Status
Not open for further replies.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
so why hronek over chowlowski?

and when do you think they will be up?

Hronek's +1 year was among the best from any defenseman drafted in 2016.
Cholowski bounced around St. Cloud's D pairings and didn't have a great year.

Cholowski is more physically developed than Hronek, though.

They won't see NHL time this season, perhaps a few games' taste in 2018/2019 season, depending on how accurate Tyler Wright's comments about fast-tracking these guys is.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was Rasmussen not invited to that Team Canada camp just because of his wrist injury?

Becauae I'm hoping so.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't know if this was already known or this is the first time somebody reported on it, but it sounds like Cholowski is starting to fill out

Cholowski began preparing for the 2017-18 campaign at this year's Red Wings development camp. One of the things Cholowski said he wanted to do last year was get bigger and stronger and he's taken a step in that direction during the past year after weighing in at 196 pounds in Traverse City.

"We drafted him and he was 170 pounds," said Tyler Wright, the Red Wings director of amateur scouting. "Some of it's just physically getting mature and growing into becoming a man but a lot of that also is the work that nobody sees and he's putting time and the effort in.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index..._prospect_dennis_chol.html#incart_river_index

Also in the comments,
Brendan Savage | [email protected] 1 hour ago
@DatSuh1390 I think that's the plan (to have him play in Grand Rapids) but Martin noted they can send him back to juniors if they want.

That is news to me

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Was Rasmussen not invited to that Team Canada camp just because of his wrist injury?

Becauae I'm hoping so.

Yeah, I am guessing that is the reason for his omission. This is a pretty big WJC evaluation event, but I am sure a really good start to the season will get him back in the mix for Team Canada.

lightthelamp13

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, I am guessing that is the reason for his omission. This is a pretty big WJC evaluation event, but I am sure a really good start to the season will get him back in the mix for Team Canada.

Definitely could be a big reason.

April 17, 1999 birthday too. He will be 18 years old during the WJC this year. Always been a big 19 year old tournament, so there is always the season after too.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Looks pretty good. I'd slip sambrook in there somewhere

The problem with Sambrook, is that he has slow footwork, and some difficulty in pivoting quickly. Ultimately, that will be his downfall. That is why he was drafted in the spot that he was.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Was this posted?

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-best-farm-systems-2017-ranking/

They rank Wings prospect pool 10th in the league. Thought it was interesting considering there seems to be a lot of negativity towards our pool.

"Offensively, both Svechnikov and Bertuzzi retain insane levels of skill"

"Detroit already possesses a wealth of excellent young talent, while a great many more are already well on their way to potential NHL success. Of note are the likes of Evgeny Svechnikov, Tyler Bertuzzi, Joe Hicketts, Ryan Sproul and Vili Saarijarvi."

I can't take anyone seriously who describes Bertuzzi as having an insane level of skill or who calls Ryan Sproul and excellent young talent. Furthermore, why is Dylan McIlrath listed as a top prospect?

I can understand though why this sort of fluff would appeal to emotionally fragile fans who cannot stomach the thought of the Wings organization experiencing a meaningful period of decline after two decades of largely successful and competitive hockey.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rasmussen and Cholowski playing for Canada Red vs USA White today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad