GDT: Detroit at Carolina, 7 p.m.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think that hill is too big. But I want them to try hard every single night.

That is really all I want is the effort, we might not be good enough these days, but I want them to show they care.

I think they could play like this every night and still miss the playoffs. But hopefully the lottery Gods smile on us anyway in that case like Philly and Jersey.

I still think when Green goes and he will go, they are going to have a real hard time moving the puck.
Oh I'm not worried about making the playoffs at all that was totally tongue in cheek.

But yes definitely, I generally root for them to try hard and win while I'm watching, but the last couple months I was hoping to slide into sell mode. I think it's pretty insurmountable now with this team. But the effort needs to be there, it's refreshing to see.

Honestly I'm glad the last game went to a S/O because it was awesome. I can't be mad at 2 points after watching those hightlight reel attempts one after the other.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Mrazek has somehow connected with his inner hasek once more.. This guy sure is a rollercoaster.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah there isn't a whole lot of warm and fuzzy feelings down on the ice.

Wouldn't mind if it is after we go up 4-1.

Would be great to get an early one on the PP and get after Darling who has gotten scorched a lot lately.
He looks kind of skittish. Surprised he hasn't leaked more.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mrazek has somehow connected with his inner hasek once more.. This guy sure is a rollercoaster.

I wish we would have treated him better at the bottom. We basically screwed up our Halak/Price moment as far as I am concerned.

I know he is not Price.... But I am saying young #1's have bumpy moments, almost all of them do and we crucified the guy in public and I will never understand that move. Even if he can be kind of a jerk, you shouldn't burn bridges and we really did with Mrazek.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I wish we would have treated him better at the bottom. We basically screwed up our Halak/Price moment as far as I am concerned.

I know he is not Price.... But I am saying young #1's have bumpy moments, almost all of them do and we crucified the guy in public and I will never understand that move. Even if he can be kind of a jerk, you shouldn't burn bridges and we really did with Mrazek.

For sure, with a good defense infornt of him and the right goalie coach he could be a top-10 goalie in the league still. There's no way he's in Detroit when that happens.

I feel like the entire management kind of turned against him due to the contract situation, a real shame.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For sure, with a good defense infornt of him and the right goalie coach he could be a top-10 goalie in the league still. There's no way he's in Detroit when that happens.

I feel like the entire management kind of turned against him due to the contract situation, a real shame.

I wonder if he would be willing to stay if Holland and Blashill are gone though?

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I wonder if he would be willing to stay if Holland and Blashill are gone though?

Perhaps, it will be a interesting story to follow. Could see it get pretty ugly, if Mrazek remains hot throughout the season there sure will be a dilemma come the off-season (given he's still on the team)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Oh, hey, Mrazek with another great performance. Let's trade him for a 4th round pick, who has a 15% of making the NHL lol...

Keep it up Petr, get that qualifying offer.

Reactions: turkleton85

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad