GDT: Detroit at Carolina, 7 p.m.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mantha's not happy tonight.

Hell yea I saw that punch live, it was worse than I thought. Kruger didn't even do anything :laugh:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No real passengers tonight, I would say Larkin's line has been our worst thus far.
Outside of a couple rushes they've been really meh tonight. I think the 42-41-8 line has been solid most of their shifts.

As I was typing all that they have a pretty solid shift. Typical.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Definitely agree, I think he's played much better than his point total. I don't think I can say that about my guy Tatar most nights.

Pretty happy with Tatar tonight. To bounce back after that fall has been great.

I have always been a Nyquist guy, he seems to have gotten a little more explosion back into his skating. I wonder if he wasn't dealing with something the last couple of years.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

I have always been a Nyquist guy, he seems to have gotten a little more explosion back into his skating. I wonder if he wasn't dealing with something the last couple of years.

or maybe he has changed his workouts a little bit. I never played hockey, but i can imagine that you have to constantly work on your skating, and weightroom work has to look much different than other team sports. But maybe its just that he has discovered that he has to play with an edge more

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I'd agree that tonight is not one of those nights for Tatar, he's been good tonight. But this year outside a stretch where he was playing well but snakebitten he's been underwhelming. He's my favorite Wing that won't be in the rafters on the team.

As for Nyquist idk, coulda been the new contract blues :sarcasm:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yea that was a solid change on the PP, Frk does a good job sliding up and down too.

A guy I have been killing all year deserves big kudos in Helm. Happy to see it, he has his old school Helm battle and wheels on tonight.
The whole team has had some pep in their step tonight. If they win and come out hard tomorrow too I might start to get worried about that meeting.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
or maybe he has changed his workouts a little bit. I never played hockey, but i can imagine that you have to constantly work on your skating, and weightroom work has to look much different than other team sports. But maybe its just that he has discovered that he has to play with an edge more

I think he has made adjustments for sure. But he had this kind of one step quickness in years past, I thought he had lost a little bit of that and that more than anything has helped. I also think he is playing with a big hulking player on his line with skill again in Mantha most nights. Nyquist always did his most damage with Franzen, he likes that caliber of player with size and finishing ability on his line.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yea that was a solid change on the PP, Frk does a good job sliding up and down too.

The whole team has had some pep in their step tonight. If they win and come out hard tomorrow too I might start to get worried about that meeting.

I think that hill is too big. But I want them to try hard every single night.

That is really all I want is the effort, we might not be good enough these days, but I want them to show they care.

I think they could play like this every night and still miss the playoffs. But hopefully the lottery Gods smile on us anyway in that case like Philly and Jersey.

I still think when Green goes and he will go, they are going to have a real hard time moving the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad