Waived: DeKeyser

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
But there was something invigorating about the Paul Holmgren style of yolo management.
I still can't get over the fact that Philly operates their organization where vital moves are put through their "alumni", first, before the owner will sign off them. Nothing says, I want to stay in the 70's more than picking the brains of players who have no concept of the modern game.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah...he's noticeably better on the PK than 5v5. It's quite interesting. Makes me think that the defensive system, 5v5, is quite horrible....which it is.

He was always oddly good at defending odd man rushes. Like people who are good in crisis situations, or something.

Reactions: golffuul

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I still can't get over the fact that Philly operates their organization where vital moves are put through their "alumni", first, before the owner will sign off them. Nothing says, I want to stay in the 70's more than picking the brains of players who have no concept of the modern game.

At least Edmonton had the advantage of being stuck in the 80s with numbnuts Lowe, MacTavish, et. al. You can easilly insert a 90s reference with Holland but I'm only passively going there.

Reactions: golffuul

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So probably he played his last game for Detroit. I remember when he first came it was many teams after him, but he decided to stay in Michigan. He was one of the better ones on defense since day1 , but everything comes to the end

Reactions: 14ari13 and Realgud

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Where do you all rank DK among all-time Red Wings defenseman?

Actually a serious question, because why not? Sounds like a good ESPN-type content topic.

Obviously he's not in the legends tier.

And he's not in a tier below that (Maybe Murph, Rafi, Kronner)

But I would think he's in the next tier.

Reactions: 14ari13

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Actually a serious question, because why not? Sounds like a good ESPN-type content topic.

In researching to see how he fits... How on god's earth did the Wings not collapse like five years earlier? How freaking good were Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Kronner, damn.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Sorry, let me see if I can locate my excel file on Red Wings d-man history dating back to the last 96 years.

Found it.

Tier = Not Very Guuuud

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Cheese and rice, Hronek is a -84 in his career.

Sorry, distracted looking at some defensive stats.

I always thought DeKeyser was underrated. He actually had offense once upon a time in addition to a really defensive game. Never flashy so never garnered too many fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad