Value of: DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
he allegedly has a burner account, which admittedly is suspicious reading it.. but could be fake

has a bunch of numbers and letters in the name, but google or twitter search his name + burner and you'll probably find it

I quoted from it earlier, it's a gold mine:

This tweet (that's definitely not Tony DeAngelo) aged well

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Only thing I can think is the Panthers trade Yandle for him, just to get out from under Yandle.

Regardless of whether New York can workout a trade or not - and I doubt it - I imagine he'll be bought out in the offseason.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
You’ve made no point and everything I’ve said has been borne out in reality. Sorry that doesn’t work for you.

The statements you made were embellished. I'll review them by DM if you like because it gets way too deep in the weeds to review them one by one.

But let's look at this one:
he’s physically attacked a team mate
I took this as referring to the most recent incident, or is there something else a Google search isn't turning up for me? If so it seems it hasn't been "borne out in reality":

"They go off the ice, Georgiev is sitting, disappointed, like any competitive person, especially a goaltender would be after a game like that. DeAngelo walks by him and makes a sarcastic crack to him and Georgiev clocks him. They go at it and their team mates break it up." -- Elliot Friedman

Never denied that he was a jerk, but there are a lot of players with that affliction in the NHL. Also never denied that the Rangers are quite probably justified in what they are doing. I just want people to stop making stuff up. Everyone. Especially "my side" because it is embarrassing and not helping anybody.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
He's signed for 4.5 per for 2 years. If NY retains then a trade could possibly be worked out.
I don't think the cap hit is the main issue. Teams will need time to understand exactly what went on with him in NY and where things are at before they are ready to take on the PR and team chemistry risks. I'd say there's a 25% chance that a trade can be made. I don't see the Rangers retaining any cap and there won't any other significant asset going either way in a deal.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't think the cap hit is the main issue. Teams will need time to understand exactly what went on with him in NY and where things are at before they are ready to take on the PR and team chemistry risks. I'd say there's a 25% chance that a trade can be made. I don't see the Rangers retaining any cap and there won't any other significant asset going either way in a deal.
If a team wants him then I could see cap being retained and a minor piece going the other way. You're right. There won't be any blockbuster trades revolving around DeAngelo, but a trade is very possible.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He has no value he's poison, look at what it took the Leafs to trade Marleau now double it, AT LEAST

blindpass

May 7, 2010
If a team wants him then I could see cap being retained and a minor piece going the other way. You're right. There won't be any blockbuster trades revolving around DeAngelo, but a trade is very possible.

Rangers seem to have no cap retained elsewhere (you can only retain on 3 contracts at a time) so perhaps they'd use it here. I just don't see why they'd retain more than 1/3 since they can buy him out for that, but if they are getting an asset back then maybe. Or maybe they just want him out of their sight right away. They still might struggle to find someone willing to take him on.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Only thing I can think is the Panthers trade Yandle for him, just to get out from under Yandle.

Regardless of whether New York can workout a trade or not - and I doubt it - I imagine he'll be bought out in the offseason.

Q will glare the kid to death.
No thanks. We will find a different way to move Yandle
Definitely won't fit into the culture FLA is trying to build

Reactions: bernmeister

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That, and it was a one time thing. It's easier for people to compartmentalize something, even if it's horrible, if it's not ongoing. That doesn't make it right, but that's usually how it goes.

If MacTavish was racking up DUIs every season it'd be a different story.

Point is, teams in sports will continue too employ players who can help them regardless if they are a bad person or not. They care about winning above all else, not Morals

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
:rangers - the lockeroom shit stirrer :wedgie: + 2022 1st round pick (top-3 protected) :P

:sens - Mike Rielley :dunce: + Logan Brown :help: + 2nd (2022; if DeAngelo remains a Senator by the end of the 2021 season) :crossfing

Remove any pieces that have anything resembling value coming from Ottawa and Ottawa should still say no

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Point is, teams in sports will continue too employ players who can help them regardless if they are a bad person or not. They care about winning above all else, not Morals

I don't think that's quite true. I mean, yeah, if DeAngelo were a 20 point defenseman, it wouldn't have taken this long to give him the boot. But two teams already gave him the boot, and now his own lockerroom appears to have done it.

It's hard to say teams will put up with bad people when this guy is 25 and looking for his fourth home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad