Value of: DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Ranger fans throwing his name out there because the team mentioned potentially trading from depth to fill other areas

Trouba, Fox and top prospect Lundqvist coming on RD

What is fair value w NYR looking for a 2C or top 4LD

Hes RFA and due for a good raise after a solid year

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I keep saying that something around DeAngelo for RNH makes a lot of sense. The issue is that I think the Rangers have to add to DeAngelo, and ideally add a center, to make that deal work and I'm just not sure what center they have that the Oilers would want.

Maybe DeAngelo and Chytil or Georgiyev for RNH?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I keep saying that something around DeAngelo for RNH makes a lot of sense. The issue is that I think the Rangers have to add to DeAngelo, and ideally add a center, to make that deal work and I'm just not sure what center they have that the Oilers would want.

Only issue is RNH has only 1 yr left than ufa

I could see Georgiev But not Chytil. Oilers would have to send more back IMO

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

If you keep saying that you're most definitely wrong.

The Oilers have 4 legitimate top 4 forwards even if they move Larsson with Bouchard on the verge of making the roster DeAngelo is not what the Oilers need.

Giving up RNH makes no sense. They need another top 6 forward on top of what they have not to give one away for an offensive RHD.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

There’s a big difference between Chytil and Georgiev.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

Why would you trade a 24 yr old rhd who just put up 50 pts in a short season for RNH?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

No.
We are not getting older and more expensive and more restrictive vis a vis the exp drft.

EDM wants to retain RNH, he's all theirs.

We are keeping Chytil, an emerging 2C.

Only exception could be Chytil + for Seider + [rough framework, details to be worked out].

Other than that, no,

I'm now expecting possibly Deangelo + to FL for 12OA + 2nd.

Reactions: slg1963

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The only way I trade ADA is if he asks for too much money. You can go from a strength to a weakness in a hurry on this league. Look what happened to Winnipegs defense corps. So you play a right handed on the left side. You're not asking the guy to play without a stick for crying out loud. But I sure don't want to trade him for RNfreakingH. That guy will be long gone when this teams window opens.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The only way I trade ADA is if he asks for too much money. You can go from a strength to a weakness in a hurry on this league. Look what happened to Winnipegs defense corps. So you play a right handed on the left side. You're not asking the guy to play without a stick for crying out loud. But I sure don't want to trade him for RNfreakingH. That guy will be long gone when this teams window opens.

Regardless of how much he asks for, sure we could squeeze 4.5m ish for a yr or 2, but anything long term we can't as we have elcs->rfas + Zib raise, etc.
Hence we deal him now or we deal him later.
We deal him now, he is more attractive due to the salary.
We deal him in 2 years, a suitor then will be looking at 6.5 or 7 per to start.

Deal him NOW.
Let a suitor with cap room offer him longer term for less avg per.

Reactions: eco's bones

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I don't think DeAngelo is getting traded. What I could see happening is he doesn't get the deal he wants after being qualified. He shops around. If he does sign an offer sheet with someone else, Rangers will take the compensation. They have a lot of young Dmen coming up and they might not be able to justify spending too much on him. But, I generally think a lot of the FA's are going to have to settle for less money than they hoped, at least for the next 2 years. So, maybe he signs a "reasonable" (I put that in quotes because I know what is deemed reasonable is very subjective) for 2 years with the hope the cap raises and can cash in down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad