Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Al asked Gorton about analytics.

Gorton says we look at a lot of analytics and Quinn has a "thirst" for them.

1239704331_gina-carano3.gif

Who is that?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That was one of the most low energy coach introductions I’ve ever seen.

Yikes.

And how did Chris All About the Weekend Drury becomes the number 3 guy in the organization. He did that as quietly as he played wearing the C for us.

That did not feel like a special day at all. I Expected charisma and what we got was more of a “well I’m here now I guess” vibe. Gorton looked like he could careless as well.

I’m very hot and cold on Gorton. I think he’s made some really strong moves but at same time I think he’s failed miserably at times in others. Including not firing AV prior to this year along with almost all of his moves in his first summer as GM.

He’s got as much to prove as Quinn as far as I’m concerned.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

Yikes.

And how did Chris All About the Weekend Drury becomes the number 3 guy in the organization. He did that as quietly as he played wearing the C for us.

That did not feel like a special day at all. I Expected charisma and what we got was more of a “well I’m here now I guess” vibe. Gorton looked like he could careless as well.

I’m very hot and cold on Gorton. I think he’s made some really strong moves but at same time I think he’s failed miserably at times in others. Including not firing AV prior to this year along with almost all of his moves in his first summer as GM.

Because you’re not a Boston guy. This whole administration is Boston guys. It’s like a fraternity.

Reactions: TheTakedown
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Yikes.

Maybe this is just what this organzation needs—less sizzle, more steak.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Does Gorton even want to be GM of the Rangers?
No. We have a GM that is an idiot and ruined a Stanley Cup contending core with his imbecilic trades. He could not even get better prospects for McD. To top it all of, the coach clearly does not want to be here. Had to be bribed just to come.

Gotta say, being a long suffering Rangers fan and expressing skepticism is one thing. The desire for instant gratification and instant disapproval if someone does not have the desired script is really uncanny.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Yikes.

Could be that you've already made up your mind about him and everything you see you interpret to further back up the conclusion you've already come to.

Drury has been climbing the ladder pretty openly for a few years. Maybe you didn't see it but it wasn't done all that quietly.

I couldn't care less how "special" or "high energy" a press conference is. Their job is to win hockey games, not put on a show for the press.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
In the meantime, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at those Lightning exit interviews.
"Miller, it looks like you produced pretty well but gave the puck away at the worst times and often passed on obvious chances to shoot for low percentage passes. This is exactly what anyone with eyes would have expected, but we're very disappointed."

Reactions: will1066

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Yikes.

You'd have low energy too if you were starting a job you hated and only agreed to work at for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad