Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wrong, as usual. The legitimate criticisms of AV (his stubborness when it came to his system, his defensive schemes/lack of adjustments, and his over reliance on delegating leadership in the locker room) often manifested themselves into a narrative that AV was amongst the worst coaches in the league and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. Thats where things went off the rails. Not to mention the constant bickering about his personnel deployment with little or no heed given to a roster thats been steadily corroding for 3 years.
I don't actually remember criticism of him being over-reliant on locker room leadership. I don't even remember hearing that was a thing until stuff started coming out after he was fired.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Able to sit down and watch the presser in full now.

Wow. Uhhhh. No joke. Uhhhh. About how that. Uhhhh. Presser went.

Also wow the audio quality fluctuating sometimes. Jesus. Hey MSG Networks, hire me. I'm actually good at audio. Thanks.

Reactions: Krams and will1066

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Able to sit down and watch the presser in full now.

Wow. Uhhhh. No joke. Uhhhh. About how that. Uhhhh. Presser went.

Also wow the audio quality fluctuating sometimes. Jesus. Hey MSG Networks, hire me. I'm actually good at audio. Thanks.

Maybe pay to upgrade your bandwidth signal. I listened to it on my phone browser and while driving and it played crystal clear on speaker.

Reactions: Inferno

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe pay to upgrade your bandwidth signal. I listened to it on my phone browser and while driving and it played crystal clear on speaker.
Would literally do nothing to fix their problems when Gorton first went up to the podium to speak and when they first handed out the wireless mic to the press. Shows how much of an amateur hour they run there. Checking camera/recording feeds is pretty simple.

My network connection is pretty good, but thanks for your concern.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Do we know how our new coach feels about advanced stats? Yay? Nay? In betweenis?
Pretty much boils down to that he'll certainly look at analytics and whatever tools can help the team. Referenced how he had a team for it at BU, and how it should be easy to have something similar in NY because you can get anything in the city :P

Now, what stats he'll be looking at...who knows.

Reactions: romba

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Hopefully, he will realize that soft Russians like Buchnevich don't win physical playoff series. Kucherov was useless vs. the Craps other than the PP. -6 in 7 games, 1 goal. Crawled under a rock. Of course Miller and McDonagh offensively were non existent. 1 point in 14 games combined vs. the Craps. True Ranger playoff form. At least McDonagh actually played defense as a -2 when the rest of the team were garbage. At Ovechkin has always been physical. One of the few Russians who actually can play, playoff style hockey. His team actually didn't let him down so far.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Quinn. “I want my teams to be fast and very physical”.

Count me in coach. Just what I wanted to hear. Now what does he do with those that aren’t? Cough cough Mika Z.

Reactions: pld459666

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Quinn is open to throwing out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium, if asked.

I can't see AV doing that.

10 points for David Quinn.

Just to play devil's advocate, AV is a self-professed Yankees fan. I'll take those 10 points back from you, thanks.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Just to play devil's advocate, AV is a self-professed Yankees fan. I'll take those 10 points back from you, thanks.
Just because he's a self-prossed Yankees fan doesn't mean he'd go out and throw the first pitch.

I just can't see it. He'd seem more like the kind of guy that would be perfectly content with just being recognized on the big screen for the crowd.

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad