Rumor: David Krejci is currently in negotiations to return to the Boston Bruins.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
What's the point? They're not gonna win it all with him and Bergeron there for 1 more year. Bruins need to start thinking about the future, their pipeline is completely dry.

The farm system sucks. They’re in cap hell cause of overpaid shit depth signings. They have no trade commodities because the ones they have are all of their top players many of who just re signed or were acquired. It’s likely Bergeron’s last year.

You don’t blow it up with Bergeron having one year left you load up as much as you can to try and get into the playoffs one last time and hope you get hot. They literally don’t have a 2C and Krejci appears willing to come back for one last “run”. Blowing it up right now makes no sense unless you want Bergeron’s last run to end up as the 10 seed.

They are already f***ed for the future. The only real way out is drafting well which they can’t even really do.

That’s why.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The farm system sucks. They’re in cap hell cause of overpaid shit depth signings. They have no trade commodities because the ones they have are all of their top players many of who just re signed or were acquired. It’s likely Bergeron’s last year.

You don’t blow it up with Bergeron having one year left you load up as much as you can to try and get into the playoffs one last time and hope you get hot. They literally don’t have a 2C and Krejci appears willing to come back for one last “run”. Blowing it up right now makes no sense unless you want Bergeron’s last run to end up as the 10 seed.

That’s why.
That's fair I just think if one takes an honest, unbiased look at that roster, they aren't competing with Florida/Tampa/Toronto at this point, same with looking at Pittsburgh and saying they're not competing with the Canes/Rags, let alone other contenders. It's not an easy decision to make but if I were those teams I'd just get the rebuilds going. Especially with Bedard and Michkov available next year. But teams pretty much never do this, across any sport so it's not surprising.

I guess the team could get hot or the new coach could make a difference but the odds of that are just so slim to me that they're better off thinking longer term than going all in one last time only to come up short again.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
No idea how they are fitting Krejci and Bergeron in. They have ~2 million in cap space.

2 of Haula, Reilly, Nosek, or Smith will have to go. And even then it'll be tight if both Bergeron and Krejci agree to team friendly deals.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Wish he had of just stayed around last year too let the chemistry grow more with Hall and now I do wonder if the year away from the big show will hurt his game.

Anyways we need a 2c bad and not a fan of other names being thrown around so I’d take this chance even with his age he’s a better option then say Strome IMO.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
I suspect that is why Cassidy was let go. Not just Krecji, but I don't think he was well-liked by the players as a whole.
It wouldn't surprise me if he was disliked. It's well-documented that he was absolutely HATED by the players in DC when he coached the Caps. In fact, given how that first coaching stint went I'm kind of amazed that he got another opportunity to coach in the NHL at all...

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That's fair I just think if one takes an honest, unbiased look at that roster, they aren't competing with Florida/Tampa/Toronto at this point, same with looking at Pittsburgh and saying they're not competing with the Canes/Rags, let alone other contenders. It's not an easy decision to make but if I were those teams I'd just get the rebuilds going. Especially with Bedard and Michkov available next year. But teams pretty much never do this, across any sport so it's not surprising.

I guess the team could get hot or the new coach could make a difference but the odds of that are just so slim to me that they're better off thinking longer term than going all in one last time only to come up short again.

Honestly right now they have to just bank on getting in and getting a hot goalie and their vets stepping for one last run. That’s my opinion. The farm is so f***ed from shit drafting that one more year of going in with the core isn’t going to hurt them much. That damage is done.

Reactions: Estlin

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
35+ bonuses. They have Smith, Haula, Foligno coming off the cap next year to cover it. They also have too many d-men so you could see one of Gryz/Reilly/Forbort moved.
They have $2 million to sign both Krejci and Bergeron. Even on the most team friendly deals, that's not gonna happen. At least 2 of those guys you mentioned will have to be moved.

You would think Foligno has negative value and Forbert has a NTC, so that's really 2 of Smith, Haula, Nosek or Reilly. Would prefer to keep Gryz, Smith and Haula, so hopefully they can move Foligno for a bag of pucks and Nosek for a late round pick.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Meh. He ain't it.

Whenever teams bring back former player like this it never works out. Aren't they strapped for cap anyway?

Reactions: pearljamvs5

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They have $2 million to sign both Krejci and Bergeron. Even on the most team friendly deals, that's not gonna happen. At least 2 of those guys you mentioned will have to be moved.

You would think Foligno has negative value and Forbert has a NTC, so that's really 2 of Smith, Haula, Nosek or Reilly. Would prefer to keep Gryz, Smith and Haula, so hopefully they can move Foligno for a bag of pucks and Nosek for a late round pick.

Forbort only has an 8-team no trade. But I doubt he's getting moved.

Reilly is a goner and Smith would be 2nd if they need the space. They can take the hit and move Foligno too.

The Bruins also have a full-roster with 2.3m in space so when you add 2 guys you delete 2 others. That means it's more like 4.3m in space.

But it's easy enough to get rid of Foligno and Reilly. That will give them $9m in space.

Reactions: lxndr

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
He's not going to really move the needle for them, but okay I guess.

Is Chara going back too?

I'm no fan of him coming back, don't want him back, but they've got nothing else.

no idea of the FA market, but what top free agent center would sign (and for what, they have no cap space).

and they have no second round picks for the next two years,

so no tanking.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For Hall’s sake, I hope so. He was sold a false bill of goods when he signed there.

Reactions: BHD

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
just like last year, i still think it’s Bergeron AND Krejci, or don’t bother competing. If you can’t get both then it’s time to plan for the future

Still pisses me off that Sweeney did nothing to address the 2nd line
Was watching Boston all offseason last year wondering when they’d give Hall a line to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad