Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Kings have as much depth as we do. Fiala and Dubois with a single point the whole series. Wow.
Watched the game, Fiala made a bunch of half-ass plays all over the ice. Even with his history of poor playoff performances, I was still surprised given it was an elimination game.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
In all fairness to the Kings, they are what the Wild would have been had we gone on just a little bit longer of a run. They had two guys getting it done and that was all. Our two would have been Kaprizov and JEE.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone know what Dallas is doing with their defense? I can't help but notice they've played Nils Lundqvist an average of 4:48 per game, and it's not due to injury. They're basically running 5 defensemen on purpose. What the heck? Do they really not have a single defenseman they trust to play the #6 spot or is something else going on?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone know what Dallas is doing with their defense? I can't help but notice they've played Nils Lundqvist an average of 4:48 per game, and it's not due to injury. They're basically running 5 defensemen on purpose. What the heck? Do they really not have a single defenseman they trust to play the #6 spot or is something else going on?
actually, in the past three games he has played about 2 minutes /game, after getting about 8 minutes/game in the first two losses. I think that they don't trust him to be able to withstand the heavy forecheck Vegas applies.

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Hakanpaa is out injured, otherwise he'd be in. They really don't have anyone else other than Pouliot, and I think they'd try a FWD playing D over him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've never seen so many teams forget how to score. Vegas had Dallas tired and chasing. Instead of attacking the net, they just cycled like the Wild. Pass....pass......pass.....pass.....turnover. Unbelievable.

It's an elimination game. Stop trying to set up the perfect goal. Just get it to the net as much as possible!

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You're so schizophrenic. From the start, you're about to murder all things Vegas. Now you're cheering for them. I'm just enjoying the ride!
Don't get me wrong. I hate Vegas. But I hate their opponent so much more. SO MUCH MORE! Stars can go #@$! themselves.

In a perfect world, the Canucks come out of the West.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Don't get me wrong. I hate Vegas. But I hate their opponent so much more. SO MUCH MORE! Stars can go #@$! themselves.

In a perfect world, the Canucks come out of the West.
I know. And that's why I love you!
Smooches to you!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pretty rich coming from a guy who had one point in the whole series and ended up on the 4th line.

He had 2p (1g, 1a), +1. Fiala lead LA in ES ToI, 2nd in 5v5 ToI. LA's special teams were garbage, and their goalies didn't help them out either.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I think 57 is pretty exicted, as his Swiss team is getting quite a reinforcement for the Worlds.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think 57 is pretty exicted, as his Swiss team is getting quite a reinforcement for the Worlds.
True... I am having to pinch myself and remember who I am cheering for, now, roots wise. Rooting for Swiss hockey is certainly more entertaining than rooting for Scottish hockey.

If Switzerland is nothing but an association of 26 Cantons, why aren't they called Cantonese?

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dallas really needs to lose that goal song or whatever the hell that music is suppose to be. It's been awful since the start. Makes the Preds' song not seem so bad, and that's really saying something.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad