Rumor: David Krejci is currently in negotiations to return to the Boston Bruins.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I mean I understand that but I would bet/guess they have a pretty good understanding on where they sit with Krejci& Bergeron and would prefer to move cap before making it official
Look around the league. What cap do you expect them to move and what are they adding to move it?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
They are trying to hold on for dear life to try and make some miraculous final run or something. Nope. They are basically the Dallas Stars of the East. Their core players are either aging or past their prime. It's over and they need to accept it. Trade away the core for picks and prospects etc and blow it up. No one is changing my mind.🤷‍♀️
100%.

The Red Wings post-Lidstrom '12-'16 should've been the time to rebuild, but Mr. Illitch (RIP) wanted to keep the streak alive, which they did for 25 yrs, or 5yrs too long. After '16 when Datsyuk retired from the NHL was too late. But it's hard to sell a fan base on selling your heroes for picks, even if it's the most logical thing to do. Emotion vs. Logic.

B's are in the exact same spot +/-, every team encounters this, CHI now, Pitt will be...surprised they're still trying to win, they could sell the Core for a huge haul & be back in 3-4yrs. Instead it looks like a quick descent to the NHL bottom 5 & they stay there for another 5-7yrs...guessing the Pens are sold, but not relocated, within 1-3yrs.

Reactions: G Backup and Estlin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
100%.

The Red Wings post-Lidstrom '12-'16 should've been the time to rebuild, but Mr. Illitch (RIP) wanted to keep the streak alive, which they did for 25 yrs, or 5yrs too long. After '16 when Datsyuk retired from the NHL was too late. But it's hard to sell a fan base on selling your heroes for picks, even if it's the most logical thing to do. Emotion vs. Logic.

B's are in the exact same spot +/-, every team encounters this, CHI now, Pitt will be...surprised they're still trying to win, they could sell the Core for a huge haul & be back in 3-4yrs. Instead it looks like a quick descent to the NHL bottom 5 & they stay there for another 5-7yrs...guessing the Pens are sold, but not relocated, within 1-3yrs.

I didn't realize those teams got lucky and found guys like Pasta and McAvoy to start to build around without needing to tank.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
What's the point? They're not gonna win it all with him and Bergeron there for 1 more year. Bruins need to start thinking about the future, their pipeline is completely dry.
The Chicago Bruin Hawks....sorry just playing out scenarios where teams are so bad that they consider merger.

PhiladelphiAZ Coyotes

Calgary....we may just have to let nature take it's course here

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
They are trying to hold on for dear life to try and make some miraculous final run or something. Nope. They are basically the Dallas Stars of the East. Their core players are either aging or past their prime. It's over and they need to accept it. Trade away the core for picks and prospects etc and blow it up. No one is changing my mind.🤷‍♀️

I think you can make a case that now is the time to sell and tank for younger assets, but the odd thing Bergeron and Marchand haven't shown the decline.... Bergeron is coming off one of his best overall seasons ever. Another Selke. Marchand had 91 points in 77 games playoffs included.

The other part of the "core" would probably be McAvoy (24), Pastrnak (26), Lindholm (28), Swayman (23), and maybe Carlo (24), DeBrusk (25).

Bergeron and Krejci are UFA's who are seemingly Boston or nowhere mindset. Might make the case now is the time to sell on Marchand, but other than that, there's not a whole lot to auction off.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
100%.

That’s the way it works. This is not a video game, there are people, feelings, and lots of cash involved. It will always be that way

Reactions: Elvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad