Rumor: David Krejci is currently in negotiations to return to the Boston Bruins.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
For Hall’s sake, I hope so. He was sold a false bill of goods when he signed there.
That is on him, and not the organization. Hall seems to have been sold a false "bill of goods" anywhere he has gone in his career.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That forward roster is just the oldest in the league and they have no plans for future at F.

Brutal look

You have about 400 of these posts about the defense before they drafted McAvoy. You are right. They don't yet have a long term solution up the middle. This buys them more time. In what world is that bad, lol.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You have about 400 of these posts about the defense before they drafted McAvoy. You are right. They don't yet have a long term solution up the middle. This buys them more time. In what world is that bad, lol.

So when their top guys are 37y and 36y you don’t think it should be about damm time to start looking for future?
They have 2 interesting looking forwards for the next core and that’s it.

They had their golden core in their prime when they drafted McAvoy and Chara still usefull.
This time Chara& Rask are gone and the top3 forwards from that time are 34-37y. I’d say this is just a bit different.

& my issue is that this Sweeneys all in lineup isn’t good enough to compete against the best in my view.
So if you go all in for 1 season you better go all in for 1 season.

But I understand, to some Sweeney has done zero bad moves and is just killing it.

I mean the best forward Sweeney has drafted in 7 years is DeBrusk and the best C he has brought in is Haula.
So we are supposed to believe he’ll add a franchise C+ top6 C just like that? When he has been passing quality C’s left and right so far.
Got it

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin and Gifu

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
They have $2 million to sign both Krejci and Bergeron. Even on the most team friendly deals, that's not gonna happen. At least 2 of those guys you mentioned will have to be moved.

You would think Foligno has negative value and Forbert has a NTC, so that's really 2 of Smith, Haula, Nosek or Reilly. Would prefer to keep Gryz, Smith and Haula, so hopefully they can move Foligno for a bag of pucks and Nosek for a late round pick.
Absolutely can happen. Bergy and Krejci each sign for a $1mil base, then any bonus on top of that can be deferred to next season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Absolutely can happen. Bergy and Krejci each sign for a $1mil base, then any bonus on top of that can be deferred to next season.

So it would be a true all in 1 season.

If and when they have Krecji they’ll have 10 forwards signed 30 and older.
Krejci is coming back from playing in the 5th best league in Europe at 36y.
Marchand is coming back from major lower body surgery at 34y.

Does that sound like a wise plan at the moment?
Imagine having 8-10M bonus penalty hit for next season because of that

Reactions: Estlin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So it would be a true all in 1 season.

If and when they have Krecji they’ll have 10 forwards signed 30 and older.
Krejci is coming back from playing in the 5th best league in Europe at 36y.
Marchand is coming back from major lower body surgery at 34y.

Does that sound like a wise plan at the moment?
Imagine having 8-10M bonus penalty hit for next season because of that

Well they can't have a bonus penalty hit that high, its against the rules.

brew 4 life

Feb 6, 2020
They dont have too many D, they have too many plugs on D yesss...they need an offensive D to drive the PP, and a physical one....but i dont think any of other teams want those guys, Bruins are stuck with them....
I agree with you 100% they definitely need a Physical one they are playing soft on defence. Carlo is driving me crazy he plays soft for his size.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Marchand-Selke-DeBrusk
Hall - Krejci - Pastrnak
Haula-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Nosek-Steen
X: Foligno, Wagner, Studnicka

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Clifton
X: Reilly, Zboril

Swayman-Ullmark

We’ll see what changes Wednesday will bring, Sweeney has said he’d like to bring in some depth guys that suit Montgomery’s style and input.

They have money they need to move out and young players on one-way contracts they need to integrate.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What's the point? They're not gonna win it all with him and Bergeron there for 1 more year. Bruins need to start thinking about the future, their pipeline is completely dry.

Pretty much this and while the Bruins had success with Rask (he after all got a Veznia vote right....?o_O) Krejci probably isn't the answer for their need for a second line center.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Pretty much this and while the Bruins had success with Rask (he after all got a Veznia vote right....?o_O) Krejci probably isn't the answer for their need for a second line center.

Y'all kill me. There is literally no answer for this year. We're being gifted a one year answer and y'all are like "this won't help".

We had literally no possible other option this year and this just fell from heaven!

Reactions: BronxBruin and Sigh

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Krejci coming back is good, he is a good guy at the twilight of his career, but why? The window for SC is closed, you can't rebuild on the fly, they have been trying to do this for the past ~7 years..

For Hall’s sake, I hope so. He was sold a false bill of goods when he signed there.
I say he is an overrated bill of goods to begin with. He signed where he signed not to be a leader, because he can't be one.

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Bruins should try to get Joe Pavalski from Dallas.Then they will have the oldest centers in the NHL.By the way,Pavalski had over 80 pts last year,his highest point total in his NHL career.He has to be a lot better than Haula and Coyle even at his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad