Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Ah yes, the complete management and coaching overhaul, is already, after 2 days, is horribly run. If Ottawa is willing to pay the money for Julien, I have no doubt he wants to coach here. You can look at the Senators situation as a negative one, dunken owner, went through lots of coaches, or a positive one, playoff roster, good core, decent prospects, best dman in the league.
I think those days are done what with the liver transplant and all, but the strange thing is that his interviews are not all that much different now that he's on the wagon.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You can spin it any which way you like positive or negative... but Claude Julien isn't coming here unless they pay him market value + a good premium ...
Who's doing the spinning here? You're the one claiming Julien wouldn't sign for anything less than 3.5M dollars aka enough money to make him the second highest paid coach in the entire NHL.

Guys like Quenville and Ruff have recently signed for less. Julien himself makes less and singed his deal right after winning a Stanley Cup. There's very little logic being used in all your posts in this thread, which are frankly asinine.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
All the pessimists fail to realize that Julien and Dorion know each other, that they're from the same town, that Julien would be coaching near his home, and that Dorion is the one that gave Claude his first coaching gig.

You don't think Julien would be willing to take a slight paycut for the above reasons? I definitely would. And I'm pretty sure he would too.

Let's say another team offers 3.5M and we offer 3M, why wouldn't he come home to coach and repay Dorion a "favor"? Makes too much sense.

And either way, who's going to outbid us? Who else needs a coach and offers that coach as good a sitation as us?

Think a little. Please. It's not just about money.

This would be practically any coach's dream job. Coaching in your home town and having someone you know and who gave you your first coaching gig as your GM...

Dorion said in his interview that he thinks the coach-GM relationship is like husband-wife. Good relationship, good communication, etc. Claude seems to fit into that metaphor perfectly.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I doubt Julien is gonna give us a discount or anything but we know it's pretty likely he's #1 on our list of guys we want (assuming Boston fires him). Dorion probably won't even need to interview him. Acting swiftly and decisively will work in our favour. Julien probably doesn't want to sit around and miss an opportunity to get right back on the horse. You don't know how many of those positions will become available or even if you're a candidate for them.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
You can spin it any which way you like positive or negative... but Claude Julien isn't coming here unless they pay him market value + a good premium ...

Umm no. It doesn't work that way.
There are exactly 0 teams aside from Sens looking for the coach right now. There is no real market.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Who's doing the spinning here? You're the one claiming Julien wouldn't sign for anything less than 3.5M dollars aka enough money to make him the second highest paid coach in the entire NHL.

Guys like Quenville and Ruff have recently signed for less. Julien himself makes less and singed his deal right after winning a Stanley Cup. There's very little logic being used in all your posts in this thread, which are frankly asinine.

Quenville actually signed recently a 3 year contract extention for 18 million...
That's 6M per Year...

Which would make QUENVILLE the 2nd highest paid

Juliens currently making 2.75 per year... hes going to want a raise regardless of where he goes...

If he comes to Ottawa my opinion is he is going to want a PREMIUM on top of what he can get any where else...because of the instability with this Franchise

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
All the pessimists fail to realize that Julien and Dorion know each other, that they're from the same town, that Julien would be coaching near his home, and that Dorion is the one that gave Claude his first coaching gig.

You don't think Julien would be willing to take a slight paycut for the above reasons? I definitely would. And I'm pretty sure he would too.

Let's say another team offers 3.5M and we offer 3M, why wouldn't he come home to coach and repay Dorion a "favor"? Makes too much sense.

And either way, who's going to outbid us? Who else needs a coach and offers that coach as good a sitation as us?

Think a little. Please. It's not just about money.

This would be practically any coach's dream job. Coaching in your home town and having someone you know and who gave you your first coaching gig as your GM...

Dorion said in his interview that he thinks the coach-GM relationship is like husband-wife. Good relationship, good communication, etc. Claude seems to fit into that metaphor perfectly.

Rangers if they fire AV, St. Louis if they fire Hitchcock. Of course, those two situations would leave us with some other good coaches to choose from if Julien chose one of those teams.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Umm no. It doesn't work that way.
There are exactly 0 teams aside from Sens looking for the coach right now. There is no real market.

Your forgettin Juliens working from a position of strength...hes still getting paid if he gets fired from Boston...

He doesn't have to sign the first place that's open...he can sit around and wait if he so choses/ doesn't see what he likes....

Plus there will be other teams looking for coaches after Rd 1 ....there will be a bigger market ...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think Ottawa will be the favourite to land Julien is he does get fired. He's from here, knows Dorion and might be willing to take a little less here. Combine that with the fact that there may not be too many vacancies this summer, and I think we have a good chance to get him. Unless Boston keeps him that is.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Please based Clode come coach Ottawa

We will definitely be competitive again. Always loved the way Bruins played hockey.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think Quenville actually was extended for more (like 6 per year) after the babcock deal. I don't think it kicks in until a couple years, but I recall the hawks extending him to big money.

You are right about Ruff though. Boudreau, Hitch and Trotz all signed fairly recently (I think pre babcock mind you) and took < 3 mil per too from what I've seen

Unless Julien wants to pull a power trip (which seems unlikely for the coach that (if he's looking for work) will have just been fired after missing the playoffs two years running.

Julien is about as perfect a match as I can think of for Ottawa. He can coach a good defensive system while still getting offense out of his group. He's got a good enough reputation that the players will respect him (and likely get any blame should the team falter).,

Off topic, I forgot about how Lou Lamoriello fired Julien in his first year with the team with a week left in the season when Jersey was leading the division with 102 pts and 3 games remaining.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Right now our biggest concern should be if the B's are considering to hold onto Julien.

Nothing is worse than if they keep him then we settle for less then someone better soon after becomes available.

WE DESERVE SOME GOOD KARMA, DAMN IT!

Mendes" if coach X becomes available and he is the best option and the GM wants him, but he makes 4-5M does he become the coach of the Ottawa Senators?"

Melynk "Does he walk on water"

Lmfao can we just appreciate the comedic response by Melnyk. Loooool, I mean, the way he responds is like a 1990's one line comedy zinger followed by corniest of automated laughs in the background.

Lmao never change Menlyk.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Your forgettin Juliens working from a position of strength...hes still getting paid if he gets fired from Boston...

He doesn't have to sign the first place that's open...he can sit around and wait if he so choses/ doesn't see what he likes....

Plus there will be other teams looking for coaches after Rd 1 ....there will be a bigger market ...

Bruh, there's going to be what? At most 4-5 spots for a HC, AT MOST. And teams aren't going to be waiting around if a coach get's picky, otherwise you lose out on everyone else.

These guys don't care about collecting a paycheque, they want to be in the game.

If Julien plays the game you're suggesting, he could very well end up on the outside looking in. But he's not an idiot, so he won't.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Bruh, there's going to be what? At most 4-5 spots for a HC, AT MOST. And teams aren't going to be waiting around if a coach get's picky, otherwise you lose out on everyone else.

These guys don't care about collecting a paycheque, they want to be in the game.

If Julien plays the game you're suggesting, he could very well end up on the outside looking in. But he's not an idiot, so he won't.

Bro, the teams wont wait around but HE can, if he doesn't like what he sees in the Ottawa direction...like you said hes not an idiot...so he'll take his time to select the best fitting situation ...doesn't have to be necessarily this year....he has the option of waiting if he so chooses

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't wish bad to anyone, but considering they make 6 figures for a living I won't feel bad saying I am glad they cleaned the house. I wanted major changes I got them. Playing Boro on your first line was an embarassement. Also glad Tourigny is gone, no reasons for our PP to be that garbage. With the talent we have the zone entries and PP deployment was downright awful.

Now we have to find a good one.

Playing Borowiecki on the first line was a "message" sent to the players who were not performing up to par! Nothing less! Certainly not a long-term, nor even a short-term fix!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Now... Either hope for a miracle and draft Matthews... Or pick up someone on FA... A centre is needed bad. Turris and Zibanejad are #2 and #3 in a perfect world..

Go for perfection please.

I agree with your assessment of the centres!

However, the capability to pay many many bucks for a top line center evaporated when the GM acquired Phaneuf!

Essentially Ottawa took on his albatross contract and Toronto got a few players to get off the books soon to acquire "you-know-who"!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Bro, the teams wont wait around but HE can, if he doesn't like what he sees in the Ottawa direction...like you said hes not an idiot...so he'll take his time to select the best fitting situation ...doesn't have to be necessarily this year....he has the option of waiting if he so chooses

So, he'll decline the Sens, 1 of maybe 5 coaching vacancies (another being Boston) to wait around on those other 3 spots and compete against 15-20 other candidates? The chances of that would be similar to us winning the upcoming lottery.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Crunched a few numbers, the average duration of a coach in the NHL right now, given seasons coached for every coach of every team this season, is 2.6.

INteresting

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It would be a dream come true if we get Vigneult, but I don't want the Rangers to struggle in the playoffs.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This thread is painful to read.

The new GM just cleaned out the coaching staff, and Melnyk seems a lot more willing than ever to spend on coaching, yet all these bitter Sens fans come out to spit all over the team.

What the hell more do you want? Rome wasn't built in a f-in' day.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
This thread is painful to read.

The new GM just cleaned out the coaching staff, and Melnyk seems a lot more willing than ever to spend on coaching, yet all these bitter Sens fans come out to spit all over the team.

What the hell more do you want? Rome wasn't built in a f-in' day.

I'm not sure what exactly happened these past 12 hours. But the Sens' fan base seems to have lost its collective mind.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm not sure what exactly happened these past 12 hours. But the Sens' fan base seems to have lost its collective mind.

Other fanbases are jealous of how we are making concrete changes/holding people accountable after missing the playoffs, yet so many of our own fans can only pick quotes apart and crap all over the owner/GM/former GM/mascot.

It's sad.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Guy Carbonneau said on RDS that he'd like to have the chance to coach the Sens if ever there was an opportunity for him. He knows Dorion also from his time in MTL.

He also said that he'd be open for an Assistant Coach position.

Not that I'd be interested, just passing the message along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia