Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Linesman was a lot quicker than Heinen. I saw a lot of Linesman going back to his Junior A days with Kingston, even competed against him in High school soccer, where he threatened to break my legs.
Ha ha....... the Rat. Problem is I bet he was serious too!

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
If I saw this when you posted it I would have disagreed but our top line has been stale lately and I think its because Pasta is off at the moment. I'd like to have Heiny with Bergy and March as he is a much more cerebral player with still plenty of talent. I think they would go nuts. With the top line slumping and Krejci coming back I certainly hope it's something they experiment with but since they are winning and that 3rd line has been so good I'm assuming Heiny will be staying put for now
Pasta has seemed extra lazy and selfish over the last five games or so. Heinen is a great young player with much more of a complete game. He deserves a shot on the top line.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It took a while for me to realize who Heinen reminds me of and it’s Ken Linesman.

Minus the stickwork and instigating.

His skating and how he handles the puck is very similar to Linesman.
Linesman???? Not even close IMO. He skates with his head up.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Pasta has seemed extra lazy and selfish over the last five games or so. Heinen is a great young player with much more of a complete game. He deserves a shot on the top line.
Why put him on a line that is producing. You need other lines to score and he's doing just that. Don't understand.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Why put him on a line that is producing. You need other lines to score and he's doing just that. Don't understand.
Agreed. Heinen and Backes have been great together. No way do I split those two guys up. Backes is a very smart player, as is Heinen. They truly seem to be on the same wavelength on the ice together. Put Krejci in the middle of those two and some interesting things may happen.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Agreed. Heinen and Backes have been great together. No way do I split those two guys up. Backes is a very smart player, as is Heinen. They truly seem to be on the same wavelength on the ice together. Put Krejci in the middle of those two and some interesting things may happen.
Big time. Backes is rejuvenated after his surgery, Heinen is mr hockey IQ, they have great chemistry and the numbers confirm it. No reason whatsoever to change that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can say this, he looks to have a good head on his shoulders. Seems like the most mature of the kids.

Everyone who has played a lot of hockey growing up on various different teams recognizes Heinen as that quiet/weird kid who never says a word in the locker room but is freaking nasty. Probably has a dad who is always at the rink even when his kids not playing. Im pretty much certain this is what Heinen is like even with no inside info.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Just sat beside him for 2 hours, and I can tell you you're description is bang on. Kid didn't say a word, just watched the rest of the guys. Pasta and Charlie though...wow total opposites.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
When your out producing the #1 pick even by a couple points a person has to be more then happy.

Love the youth the faith and direction of the coach, no one can be mad at this team, they are ahead of where I thought they would be.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Just sat beside him for 2 hours, and I can tell you you're description is bang on. Kid didn't say a word, just watched the rest of the guys. Pasta and Charlie though...wow total opposites.
Feel like I missed something... you sat beside Heinen/Pasta/Charlie?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I was a trade Heinen guy too.
I was wrong.
Try him with Bergeron and Marchand. Move Pasta down a line to play with Krejci and DeBrusk.
That is what I would try once Krejci is back.

Just leave the lines alone

The only issue that should iron itself out is Cehlarik brought up (to play with Debrusk, Krejci) and Spooner benched or traded

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
A little commentary on late bloomers and being passed over when drafting.

A number of people like to say 'the Bruins had 3 chances to draft Barzal' or Boeser or someone else. I'll point out that every team had, on average, at least 10 chances to draft Danton Heinen who went in the 4th round of 2014, his 2nd year of eligibility. Even in his 2nd year he was on no public lists and was committed to Denver for the 2015/16 season. They moved up his scholarship to play there after he was drafted in 2014.
That's 1 year being passed over in the draft after just 4 games in the BCHL with most of his games in the PIJHL (no idea what league that is) as just the 11th best scorer in that league.
1 full year in BCHL where he lead the league in scoring and was drafted by the Bruins.
2 full years of college.
1 almost full year in the AHL with a very productive playoff performance leading his team in scoring.
Now, finally at 22, he's become a full time NHL player.

As an aside, Grzelcyk had 4 years of college and then a full AHL year with the same playoffs as Heinen and is about to turn 24.

It's a nice story that shows some guys just develop slower than others but when they are ready, they too can become star players.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
He is playing way better then I thought he ever would. I was certainly wrong on this kid but its a good wrong..hopefully he will continue on to have an illustrious career in the nhl...

Reactions: 00BW and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He heard you apparently he was excellent last night culminating with an outstanding assist on Marchand goal when he easily could have thought of himself

That line is gold standard

Last edited:
Reactions: 00BW

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Is it too far fetched to make a case for Heinen being the Bruins best forward this year so far ? 3rd in team scoring , 7 points behind Pasta who has played 4 more games with much better linemates .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is it too far fetched to make a case for Heinen being the Bruins best forward this year so far ? 3rd in team scoring , 7 points behind Pasta who has played 4 more games with much better linemates .

There's been quite a few games where I've thought that Heinen was the best Bruins forward on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad