Denmark: Danish League 2013-14

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Matches since my last rapport:

Firstly the delayed match between Herlev - Rødovre the final third period was played and Rødovre almost tied up Herlev's 3-0 lead but it ended 3-2 [Shots 30-18].

Dec. 27'th:
Herning - Esbjerg: 5-0 [Shots 27-28, George Sørensen back from U-20 with a great performance]

SønderjydskE - Odense: 5-3 [Shots 27-27]

Rungsted - Rødovre: 2-4 [24-47, Rødovre finally got the better of Rungsted]

Aalborg - Frederikshavn: 3-1 [two goals by Sebastian Ehlers]

Dec. 28'th:

Esbjerg - Herlev: 3-1
Rødovre - Rungsted: 5-1
Odense - SønderjydskE: 2-3
Frederikshavn - Aalborg: 5-4 OT

Dec. 30'th:
Herlev - Esbjerg: 4-7 [Shots 44-24, very bad goalie game for Herlev]

Odense - Rungsted: 3-4 [Shootout win, shots 41-30, Rungsted with a big upset again]

SønderjydskE - Frederikshavn: 5-1 [Shots 35-21]

Aalborg - Herning: 3-2 [Shootout win, shots 22-22]

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Matches since my last rapport:

Firstly the delayed match between Herlev - Rødovre the final third period was played and Rødovre almost tied up Herlev's 3-0 lead but it ended 3-2 [Shots 30-18].

Dec. 27'th:
Herning - Esbjerg: 5-0 [Shots 27-28, George Sørensen back from U-20 with a great performance]

SønderjydskE - Odense: 5-3 [Shots 27-27]

Rungsted - Rødovre: 2-4 [24-47, Rødovre finally got the better of Rungsted]

Aalborg - Frederikshavn: 3-1 [two goals by Sebastian Ehlers]

Dec. 28'th:

Esbjerg - Herlev: 3-1
Rødovre - Rungsted: 5-1
Odense - SønderjydskE: 2-3
Frederikshavn - Aalborg: 5-4 OT

Dec. 30'th:
Herlev - Esbjerg: 4-7 [Shots 44-24, very bad goalie game for Herlev]

Odense - Rungsted: 3-4 [Shootout win, shots 41-30, Rungsted with a big upset again]

SønderjydskE - Frederikshavn: 5-1 [Shots 35-21]

Aalborg - Herning: 3-2 [Shootout win, shots 22-22]

You might say Rodvore got the better of Rungsted. First game was pretty even with a slight edge to Rodovre in the half of the game I saw. The second game was a blow out. Hirsch had a couple of spectacular saves but the first two periods the team in front of him was a Div 1-team. Rodovres defense made some bonehead plays once every five minutes(Courtesy of Vaagensøe, Patrick Rasmussen and Allesøe mostly) but Sebastian Dahm never really got tested. Maybe it's because I've just seen him at the U20 but Emil Møller Rasmussen impressed me both games.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Todays results:

Metal Cup:

Sønderjyske - Frederikshavn 2-3
I went to this game, sort of regretted going though. The reffing in the 1st period was disgraceful. Usually, I'm pretty reluctant at expressing my discontent about referees while being at the game. I know they've got a pretty hard job... But that period really was infuriating, there's been some pretty odd calls and decisions in the first.
When Steffen Frank was hurt in a very bad slashing 6 minutes into the game, the refs decided to let play continue around him for at least 20 seconds, even though he was down in what seemed to be severe pain. Not sure about the kneeing penalty either, but I didn't sit in a very good angle to judge that properly. Just didn't seem to be anywhere close to kneeing to me, but angles and the mind can play some tricks sometimes.
In the resulting 5 minute power play (including two 5-on-3 situations as well) for Frederikshavn, they scored twice, adding another power play goal 30 seconds into the 2nd.
2nd period seemed like the refs tried to give some back to Sønderjyske, probably handing them 1 or 2 power plays too much. SønderjyskE (missing Walters on the PP due to his match penalty) decided to waste their countless chances, though - they came close to allowing short handed goals against on several breakaways, with Michaud making some important saves.
Midway during the 3rd, Sønderjyske finally woke up, reduced to 2-3 on the PP and had some heavy pressure on Frederikshavns net, forcing Riopel into making some spectacular saves.

Edit:
After the game, the match penalty on Walters was reviewed and changed to a game misconduct.

Herning - Odense 5-5, shots 26-28

League:
Aalborg - Rødovre 3-5
Shots pretty even. One of few games without a point by Leavitt.

Rungsted - Esbjerg 7-4
Another upset by Rungsted, they seem to be picking up some pace now, good to see. Shots 23-41. Must have been really terrible goaltending for Esbjerg, though the last Rungsted goal probably was on an empty net.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Todays results:

Metal Cup:

Sønderjyske - Frederikshavn 2-3
I went to this game, sort of regretted going though. The reffing in the 1st period was disgraceful. Usually, I'm pretty reluctant at expressing my discontent about referees while being at the game. I know they've got a pretty hard job... But that period really was infuriating, there's been some pretty odd calls and decisions in the first.
When Steffen Frank was hurt in a very bad slashing 6 minutes into the game, the refs decided to let play continue around him for at least 20 seconds, even though he was down in what seemed to be severe pain. Not sure about the kneeing penalty either, but I didn't sit in a very good angle to judge that properly. Just didn't seem to be anywhere close to kneeing to me, but angles and the mind can play some tricks sometimes.
In the resulting 5 minute power play (including two 5-on-3 situations as well) for Frederikshavn, they scored twice, adding another power play goal 30 seconds into the 2nd.
2nd period seemed like the refs tried to give some back to Sønderjyske, probably handing them 1 or 2 power plays too much. SønderjyskE (missing Walters on the PP due to his match penalty) decided to waste their countless chances, though - they came close to allowing short handed goals against on several breakaways, with Michaud making some important saves.
Midway during the 3rd, Sønderjyske finally woke up, reduced to 2-3 on the PP and had some heavy pressure on Frederikshavns net, forcing Riopel into making some spectacular saves.

Edit:
After the game, the match penalty on Walters was reviewed and changed to a game misconduct.

Herning - Odense 5-5, shots 26-28

League:
Aalborg - Rødovre 3-5
Shots pretty even. One of few games without a point by Leavitt.

Rungsted - Esbjerg 7-4
Another upset by Rungsted, they seem to be picking up some pace now, good to see. Shots 23-41. Must have been really terrible goaltending for Esbjerg, though the last Rungsted goal probably was on an empty net.

Having watched three of the four teams - Rødovre and Rungsted between Christmas and New Years - I'm surprised to say the least. Aalborg seems like a team with a identity and a game plan that they at home should be able to execute well against a team like Rødovre. Making sure to lose the puck high on the ice, leaving little to the forecheck and in generally forcing the opposing D to make snap decisions. Poison to Rødovre I'd think. One of three things might have happened: A) I'm not a good judge of teams B) Aalborg didn't execute their game plan properly C) Sebastian Dahm put some sort of voodoo curse on his net. A mix of all three I'd guess.

Rungsted did not look like a team with any substantial thread in them when they played against Rødovre twice this weekend. They must have been having some off days during the Christmas break or just went carpe diem tonight. Good on them. And good on the parity of the league. Wonder if the teams are starting to wonder who to pick in the playoffs...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Amazingly enough Herlev and Odense has slided down to 8'th and 7'th and Rungsted actually has great chance to catch up with Herlev. Rødovre and Aalborg are going upwards!

In the Cup the finalists have been found:
SønderjydskE won over Frederikshavn in OT and Herning also beat Odense in OT.
So the two best teams from the league also meet in the Cup Final

SønderjydskE-Frederikshavn (First match 2-3, second match 3-2 -> OT 4-2)
Herning - Odense (First match 5-5, second match 4-4 -> OT 5-4)

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Some news today:

Odense decided to fire coach Pär Johansson and assistant coach René Jensen. Henrik Benjaminsen and Mads True will replace them until a new head coach is found.
Also, Bryan McGregor decided to leave Rungsted in a rather not-so-polite manner, leaving Denmark and supposedly going to play for hungarian based team Székesfehérvár in EBEL despite having a contract with Rungsted for the remainder of the season. The matter is now under investigation by DIU and IIHF.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Some news today:

Odense decided to fire coach Pär Johansson and assistant coach René Jensen. Henrik Benjaminsen and Mads True will replace them until a new head coach is found.
Also, Bryan McGregor decided to leave Rungsted in a rather not-so-polite manner, leaving Denmark and supposedly going to play for hungarian based team Székesfehérvár in EBEL despite having a contract with Rungsted for the remainder of the season. The matter is now under investigation by DIU and IIHF.

We have to see if it brings an effect in Odense (got a point against Herning last night, so small steps?). Rungsted is really unlucky when they finally are streaking one of the important players just leave the team in that way - no respect at all.

Last nights matches:

Herning - Odense: 2-1 [Shots 26-24, OT win and 2G by Bjørn Uldall who had none before that].

Frederikshavn - Herlev: 3-1 [Shots 28-21, Herlev keeps losing, 2G Thom Flodqvist]

Aalborg - Rødovre: 5-1 [Shots 34-23, Alex Leavitt with 1G 2A]

Rungsted - Esbjerg: 0-4 [Shots 22-42, did Mustukovs celebrated in Olympic-squad selection with a shutout?, 16 year old Alexander True made his debut for Rungsted under coach and daddy Søren True, while Uncle Mads True was on the Esbjerg coaching staff]

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Todays games:

SønderjyskE - Rungsted 5-3
Shots 43-23, Kim Lykkeskov was back after missing 17 games due to injury. He came back strong with 2 goals and 1 assist, playing on SønderjyskEs 3rd line with Mads Lund and Anders Førster.

Rødovre - Frederikshavn 5-1 / shots 29-28

Herning - Esbjerg 6-2 / 34-31

Herlev - Odense 3-1 / 33-34

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Big Rodovre win in Odense last night. Rodovre really on a hot streak and has moved up to 6th place. To bad it's properly not sustainable. Still playing with two forwards on the blue line :(

Steffen Klarskov also with a big night. 2 goals and 2 assists in their win over rivals Frederikshavn White Hawks. And he started the night on the 4th line.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Big Rodovre win in Odense last night. Rodovre really on a hot streak and has moved up to 6th place. To bad it's properly not sustainable. Still playing with two forwards on the blue line :(

Still depleted on the blue line, but added some impressive depth up front with the Højbjerg twins.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Today Herning beat SønderjyskE at the finals of the Metal Cup. Obviously the cup means jack **** as i always has but for Herning to beat SønderjyskE in a game both teams really wanted to win. That might be something you can take with to game 1 of the finals in the league.

And Rødovre continues their streak with a 6-5 OT win in Frederikshavn. As you say andersej a team loaded with offense. Really a dangerous team right now. It's gonna take some serious balls to pick them first or maybe even second.

On the other hand Aalborg ran over Herlev 5-1. They(Herlev) should be an easy first choice in come playoff-time.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Most of you guys may have seen it but just wanna repeat it. Anders Overmark(SønderjyskE) called out the teammate that told about the three players gambling on twitter calling him a rat. Ulrich Linnet(Rødovre) agreed with him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I'm pretty shocked to hear that some players are willing to risk their careers over something as stupid as matchfixing. They should know that it is something that will be very harshly dealt with.
To call the player that revealed it a rat is pretty crazy, when these three players had been betting on the opposing team! This player is actually sticking up for his team making it public that these players apparently don't care for the team if they make bets against it.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm pretty shocked to hear that some players are willing to risk their careers over something as stupid as matchfixing. They should know that it is something that will be very harshly dealt with.
To call the player that revealed it a rat is pretty crazy, when these three players had been betting on the opposing team! This player is actually sticking up for his team making it public that these players apparently don't care for the team if they make bets against it.

I think it's an interesting philosophical dilemma between loyalty to the more abstract concept of the team and what you'd want it to be and loyalty to the human being(the teammate betting on his own games) that embodies the team and the teammate you go to war with every night. If he's not the team then what is?

I agree that the player making it public took the right choice because sometime the principal is above the person. In this case the principal is the integrity of that one player, the team and the league in general. It's actually quite a clear cut decision. But it must quite the dilemma.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Matches the 28'th & 29'th:

Frederikshavn - Rungsted: 7-2 [shots 39-20]

Rødovre - Sønderjydske: 3-2 [Shootout win, shots 22-36]

Aalborg - Esbjerg: 6-3 [shots 40-21, Esbjerg with 3 less players because of the gambling/matchfixing really was outplayed here]

Herning - Herlev: 4-3 [Shootout win, shots 35-14, Herlev takes a surprising point here].

EDIT: Corrected my mistake.........it was Sønderjydske against Rødovre, not Herning.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Rødovre - Herning: 3-2*[Shootout win, shots 22-36, Herning really has troubles with Rødovre]

Aalborg - Esbjerg: 6-3 [shots 40-21, Esbjerg with 3 less players because of the gambling/matchfixing really was outplayed here]

Herning - Herlev: 4-3 [Shootout win, shots 35-14, Herlev takes a surprising point here].

Didnt Herlev get a new slovak a couple of days ago? He might have something to do with their surprise point.

Rødovre have had a terrific january and are quickly closing the gap to the teams in front of them.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen

Rødovre - SønderjyskE: 3-2*[Shootout win, shots 22-36]

Fixed it. It was Rødovre vs SønderjyskE. Rødovre's first win over SønderjyskE this season. Looks like a classic Brad Gratton season where the team slowly improves.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Add to that a former 2nd round choice Agris Saviels to the blue line

The season has been pretty night and day for Rødovre. At some point I almost thought they could end up behind Rungsted. Now they are actually cruising towards an almost secure 6'th place.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
So today, there's a match between the newly formed Copenhagen Capitals project and Rungsted.

Tonight, Copenhagen Capitals will be coached by Roger Öhman and ice the following players from Malmö Redhawks and Copenhagen based 1. division teams:

Malmö Redhawks:
Johan Ivarsson
Alexander Molldén
Adam Carnestad
Agust Wendt
Tobias Dyk

Herlev:
Anton Ørsted Petersen
Emil Uhrenfeldt
Mikkas Vinterberg
Kristian Bruun

Hvidovre:
Benjamin Mouritzen
Morten Lee
Jon Lee

Gladsaxe:
Nicolai Lunde
Christian Zink
Jonas Brehi
Mike Palmer Larsen
Andreas Wissing
Kim Petersen

Any thoughts on this project?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So today, there's a match between the newly formed Copenhagen Capitals project and Rungsted.

Tonight, Copenhagen Capitals will be coached by Roger Öhman and ice the following players from Malmö Redhawks and Copenhagen based 1. division teams:

Malmö Redhawks:
Johan Ivarsson
Alexander Molldén
Adam Carnestad
Agust Wendt
Tobias Dyk

Herlev:
Anton Ørsted Petersen
Emil Uhrenfeldt
Mikkas Vinterberg
Kristian Bruun

Hvidovre:
Benjamin Mouritzen
Morten Lee
Jon Lee

Gladsaxe:
Nicolai Lunde
Christian Zink
Jonas Brehi
Mike Palmer Larsen
Andreas Wissing
Kim Petersen

Any thoughts on this project?

Well Copenhagen Capitals is "Gentofte Rulleskøjteklub", so will they also go into hockey more permanently or is it a one time occurrence?
It would be great if Gentofte started to have a pro club again as they did in the late 90's.
Gentofte - Rungsted would be the natural north-suburb Copenhagen derby.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Peter Hirsch announced his retirement from the end of this season. Congrets' to him with a historical career for Danish Hockey.

The playoffs are getting close. Who do think are gonna pick who? SønderjyskE will pick first, Herning second. Aalborg has 3 points down to Frederikshavn in fourth but White Hawks have 2 games in hand(Though two against Herning), so it wouldn't be outrageous to think they'll pick third.

Rungsted wouldn't reach the Playoffs so the picks is between Esbjerg, Odense, Rødovre and Herlev.

SønderjyskE have a 5-0-0 record to go with a 23-4 score against Herlev. No reason no to pick them.

Herning have 4-1 record on Rødovre, Odense and Esbjerg. They could go with each way. But they've scored 10 goals in February against Rødovre. They have a series to revenge from last year. And this weekend in Rødovre the two teams were a bit scrappy so there's no fear of the players not being there.

Aalborg has beat both Esbjerg and Odense big within the last month or so. So a big meh for them. Frederikshavn have matching records against both but have just lost to Odense, so they'll prefer Esbjerg I suppose.

That gives my bid:

SønderjyskE-Herlev
Herning-Rødovre
Aalborg-Esbjerg
Frederikshavn-Odense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad