Denmark: Danish League 2013-14

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Third game of the final series:

SønderjydskE - Herning: 2-1 [Shots 17-35, so the game where Herning actually dominates, SønderjydskE ends winning - two goals by Thomas Spelling]

So series is lead by Herning 2-1.

It's certainly looks like this will be a very close race.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
This final series gets more and more exciting.
Series is equalized to 2-2 after a 2-0 lead for Herning.

Herning - SønderjydskE: 2-3 [Shots 29-26].

Spectators for the 4 matches has been 1) 4151, 2) 3194, 3) 3678, 4) 4117.
Don't know why the second match in Herning was that low, but still good to have 2 matches over 4000.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
This final series gets more and more exciting.
Series is equalized to 2-2 after a 2-0 lead for Herning.

Herning - SønderjydskE: 2-3 [Shots 29-26].

Spectators for the 4 matches has been 1) 4151, 2) 3194, 3) 3678, 4) 4117.
Don't know why the second match in Herning was that low, but still good to have 2 matches over 4000.

FCM played at home again AaB the night before. A lot of people in Herning probably used their weekend sports allowance on that game instead of on hockey. At least that is my hypothesis.

Still very impressive numbers. For reference SønderjyskEs Superliga team only draws 3000 on average. And the finals average is also better than FCVs season average of 3600. Not bad for hockey, even if it's the finals.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
FCM played at home again AaB the night before. A lot of people in Herning probably used their weekend sports allowance on that game instead of on hockey. At least that is my hypothesis.

Still very impressive numbers. For reference SønderjyskEs Superliga team only draws 3000 on average. And the finals average is also better than FCVs season average of 3600. Not bad for hockey, even if it's the finals.

Competition from FCM makes sense.
But I'm also very happy for the numbers - that Blue Fox Herning in the final series can out-spectate FCM in football season average is quite impressive even if it is the finals.
Since Vojens have 7.666 inhabitants having over 4000 spectators is really something - though off course not all are locals. With 3000 in average; 1000 would be Herning supporters or other interested people fairly near to Vojens??

I have actually no idea how many hockey-supporters go to away games in Denmark?

member 498sixnine

But I'm also very happy for the numbers - that Blue Fox Herning in the final series can out-spectate FCM in football season average is quite impressive even if it is the finals.
Ehh what? FCMs Home average until now this season is 7820 (before todays game).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehh what? FCMs Home average until now this season is 7820 (before todays game).

Ups got a bit mixed up with numbers here - I meant FCV.
You are right it's still way under the superliga clubs with least number of spectators.
Sønderjylland has 4770 in average, but the final series in hockey is only around a 1000 below that.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Since Vojens have 7.666 inhabitants having over 4000 spectators is really something - though off course not all are locals. With 3000 in average; 1000 would be Herning supporters or other interested people fairly near to Vojens??

I have actually no idea how many hockey-supporters go to away games in Denmark?

It's roughly 250-300 away fans in SE Arena at max, there's only one small section for away fans. A lot of "fans" are sponsor guests being seated in SE Arenas VIP part (basically the one long side of the arena, should be roughly 600-700 seats, I guess, even though at "regular games" not all of them are filled) and in the VIP boxes above, though.
SønderjyskE draws a lot of fans from surrounding cities like Haderslev (where the football branch is located), Aabenraa (women's handball) and probably even as far as Sønderborg (men's handball).

Todays game was sold out with 5000 people attending, by the way, Even prince Joachim and spouses were attending the game. SønderjyskE dominated Herning most of the game, eventually winning 6-1.

On another note, game 4 in Herning was attended by roughly 300 SønderjyskE fans as well. A lot more would have come, if only there'd been more tickets for away fans.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's roughly 250-300 away fans in SE Arena at max, there's only one small section for away fans. A lot of "fans" are sponsor guests being seated in SE Arenas VIP part (basically the one long side of the arena, should be roughly 600-700 seats, I guess, even though at "regular games" not all of them are filled) and in the VIP boxes above, though.
SønderjyskE draws a lot of fans from surrounding cities like Haderslev (where the football branch is located), Aabenraa (women's handball) and probably even as far as Sønderborg (men's handball).

Todays game was sold out with 5000 people attending, by the way, Even prince Joachim and spouses were attending the game. SønderjyskE dominated Herning most of the game, eventually winning 6-1.

On another note, game 4 in Herning was attended by roughly 300 SønderjyskE fans as well. A lot more would have come, if only there'd been more tickets for away fans.

Thanks for this info. :)
So it seems that spectator numbers could be greater if you had more seats for away-fans! 5000 spectators for the 5'th game is really great!
and about the talks about royalty and hockey, here we have actual attendance.
Maybe we should have a Prince Joachim cup.......:D

SønderjydskE - Herning: 6-1 [Shots 27-22, for the first game in the final series the defense and goaltending of Herning was really cracked wide open by SønderjydskE's offense].

SønderjydskE leades series 3-2.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Thanks for this info. :)
So it seems that spectator numbers could be greater if you had more seats for away-fans! 5000 spectators for the 5'th game is really great!
and about the talks about royalty and hockey, here we have actual attendance.
Maybe we should have a Prince Joachim cup.......:D

SønderjydskE - Herning: 6-1 [Shots 27-22, for the first game in the final series the defense and goaltending of Herning was really cracked wide open by SønderjydskE's offense].

SønderjydskE leades series 3-2.

Usually when I'm attending games at SE Arena, the away section isn't even close to being sold out/filled. Lowest away fan attendance I saw to date was 5 or 6 Copenhagen Hockey fans in 2012 and even Esbjerg games aren't drawing a lot of away attention during regular season. Game 5 actually was the only game I've ever seen the away section being sold out.

In Herning, they've got ~300 tickets for away fans as well. They've been overwhelmed by ticket requests from zip code area 6500 lately, though. ;)
Officially, away section tickets are sold out and no more tickets are being sold to people with a southern jutlandish (is this even the right word?) zip code as well, but lots of SønderjyskE fans are ordering tickets through friends from Herning, Silkeborg etc. Expect a lot of SønderjyskE fans in Herning tomorrow!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Usually when I'm attending games at SE Arena, the away section isn't even close to being sold out/filled. Lowest away fan attendance I saw to date was 5 or 6 Copenhagen Hockey fans in 2012 and even Esbjerg games aren't drawing a lot of away attention during regular season. Game 5 actually was the only game I've ever seen the away section being sold out.

In Herning, they've got ~300 tickets for away fans as well. They've been overwhelmed by ticket requests from zip code area 6500 lately, though. ;)
Officially, away section tickets are sold out and no more tickets are being sold to people with a southern jutlandish (is this even the right word?) zip code as well, but lots of SønderjyskE fans are ordering tickets through friends from Herning, Silkeborg etc. Expect a lot of SønderjyskE fans in Herning tomorrow!

I can understand why there would be few Copenhagen fans in Jutland and vice versa (distance and probably cost for crossing the bridge), but I'm really surprised that Esbjerg doesn't have many fans going to matches in Vojens. Hey, it's not that far away.
So "Sønderjyske" zip codes ("Nordslesvigske", "Southern Jutlandic" or "Plattdänisch" so many names to choose from :D) only have officially 300 tickets for when SønderjydskE is playing in Herning, but they get friends in Herning-Silkeborg-Ikast area to order tickets for them as "Herning" supporters :laugh:
So when you order tickets you have to register your zip code to indicate whether you are a home or away fan....
So have many people could the 6'th game possibly attract if you could get anyone wishing to attend a seat? 7.500 or even 10.000? or that is to high?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So have many people could the 6'th game possibly attract if you could get anyone wishing to attend a seat? 7.500 or even 10.000? or that is to high?

I clearly remember the 89-90 finals between Rødovre and Herning where not another person could be squeezed inside Brøndbyhallen for game 1. I think there was around 6.800 to that game but not sure. However, if there had been a larger venue with room for unlimited spectators at least a few 1000's more easily have been sold. That was back then....now we cant even get a full house with an arena of 3.500 :(

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I clearly remember the 89-90 finals between Rødovre and Herning where not another person could be squeezed inside Brøndbyhallen for game 1. I think there was around 6.800 to that game but not sure. However, if there had been a larger venue with room for unlimited spectators at least a few 1000's more easily have been sold. That was back then....now we cant even get a full house with an arena of 3.500 :(

Maybe spectator numbers can slowly change back to that, if the league get more TV coverage.
So lets say 7.000 was realistic in 1989-90.
Anyone know the spectator record for danish hockey - could be from the time of outdoor games?

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I can understand why there would be few Copenhagen fans in Jutland and vice versa (distance and probably cost for crossing the bridge), but I'm really surprised that Esbjerg doesn't have many fans going to matches in Vojens. Hey, it's not that far away.
So "Sønderjyske" zip codes ("Nordslesvigske", "Southern Jutlandic" or "Plattdänisch" so many names to choose from :D) only have officially 300 tickets for when SønderjydskE is playing in Herning, but they get friends in Herning-Silkeborg-Ikast area to order tickets for them as "Herning" supporters :laugh:
So when you order tickets you have to register your zip code to indicate whether you are a home or away fan....

Well, due to the high demand Herning was literally forced to open another section for SønderjyskE fans yesterday. They didn't even sell out, only about 3800 spectators (remember, of which 600 were from Sønderjylland)... and this during vacation!
This won't be happening in Vojens on friday, though. There's no doubt SønderjyskE will sell out on their own again - and sell out fast.

As for yesterday's game, I hate complaining, but man those refs blew it. Overmark finally scored a CLEAR goal, even Herning fans admitted it was in, it was clear on TV and I was told the first signal of the ref was a good goal as well and still, magically, the goal was disallowed eventually. On the other side, Herning was allowed a goal sent into the net with what was seemed to be a distinct kicking motion. On video, the puck clearly deflects from the skate, but on those few angles it is not to see if the deflection was intenional or just at random. Seemed a lot clearer from where I was standing.

In general, what happend to goal cams in danish hockey anyway? Didn't they use proper ones back when TV2 still was broadcasting?

Anyway, enough of complaining. **** happens both ways. Now at least I get a chance to see a most likely sold out game 7 in Vojens. That's at least something :)

Edit:
Sold out already plus due to the large demand, the ticket site was close to unreachable almost all day. I spent more than 4 hours from when tickets went on sale at 10am until I finally got through and got my ticket, desperately refreshing the SønderjyskE homepage.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Late update in the 6'th game:

Herning - SønderjydskE: 4-1 [Shots 26-28, 2G by Lasse Lassen].

So it will be a totally sold out (5000 spectators) seventh game in Vojens. If the electronic system had not broken down they think the tickets would have been sold out in 30 min.

So the stage is set for drama - could very well be a "long friday" for the fans!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
7'th game brought a home victory - in front of 5.000 fans - to SønderjydskE with 4-2 over Herning [Shots 27-22] after gaining a 4-0 lead in the second period.

So SønderjyskE won the final series 4-3 and the Danish Championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00