Denmark: Danish League 2013-14

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
We lack a discussion about the Danish league, so here it is.
I hope some of you guys can share your knowledge of your clubs here on the forum :)

This season we see the return of Rungsted as a professional club (amateur since 2010), that takes the spot of defunct Copenhagen Hockey (Hvidovre).

[Then I can moan for myself about how Gentofte still runs around being amateur since with apparent no money to go professional - haven't been up there in the upper division since 1999-2000].

Also returning to the danish league and Rungsted is veteran goalie Peter Hirsch.
Other leading players for Rungsted will likely be forwards Nicolai Rosenthal & Tobias Kisum and Joachim Holten-Møller & Markus Karlsson on the defense.

But Hirsch has to be very much in shape to avoid this team as taking over Copenhagen Hockey's role as "prügelknape" though Herlev will also have real trouble with the loss of both Thor Dresler and Kim Staal.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Great thread, I was missing one like this the last few years.

I'll try to bring in a little bit about SønderjyskE every now and then, but financially it is limited how many games I will attend.

Excited to see, how Rungsted (and Joachim Holten-Møller over there) will be doing, but honestly, I do not expect too much of them.

It's also being interesting, how "new" (or is it? :sarcasm:) Esbjerg Energy will be doing after being bought out of EfB by Esbjerg Elite Ishockey A/S. Former EfB Ishockey and Sønderjyske player Kirill Starkov and Philip Hersby joining the team will sure have an impact over there.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Great thread, I was missing one like this the last few years.

I'll try to bring in a little bit about SønderjyskE every now and then, but financially it is limited how many games I will attend.

Excited to see, how Rungsted (and Joachim Holten-Møller over there) will be doing, but honestly, I do not expect too much of them.

It's also being interesting, how "new" (or is it? :sarcasm:) Esbjerg Energy will be doing after being bought out of EfB by Esbjerg Elite Ishockey A/S. Former EfB Ishockey and Sønderjyske player Kirill Starkov and Philip Hersby joining the team will sure have an impact over there.

Yes this new Esbjerg Energy have certainly upgraded for this season.
They have retained Canadian scoring leader Tyler Mosienko and they have got goalie Ervins Mustukovs back to Denmark from Mora (former Odense), so the Danish League still have a Latvian players since Sergejs Cubars stopped his career after last season.
Then defenseman Phillip Hersby from Malmö and forward Kirill Starkov from Yuzhny Ural Orsk.

So in my opinion these will be the 4 key players for Esbjerg.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So I'll try to continue to say something about the teams in the danish league from an outside point of view.

Herlev:
Looking at the rosters I would conclude that Rungsted and Herlev probably have the weakest ones. Herlev have lost both Thor Dresler (retired) and Kim Staal (Germany-2) which are two veteran Danish NT players and also Swedish Kim Johansson.

So what do they have this season:
In goal they have received Canadian veteran goalie Trevor Koenig coming from the Norwegian league.

Their defense looks quite inexperienced:
Mathias Stenild has come back to Denmark from one year with Dallas Ice Jets (WSHL) and Niclas Hansen from Esbjerg has 2 years in the Danish league - the same experience as Mikkel Holten-Møller and Sebastian Laursen.

The forward-group looks somewhat better:
They have Finnish veteran Teemu Elomo coming from play in Kazakhstan and the youngsters Jonas Saas, Nicky Kisum and Dallas Maxwell that should continue to improve.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The Danish Cup is ongoing with the quarterfinals which is played over two matches.

SønderjydskE - Rungsted 8-1 [Looks like Rungsted will have it as tough as expected].
Rødovre-Herning 3-1, [Again Rødovre wins surprisingly over Herning...a syndrome developing?]
Odense-Esbjerg 3-3 [No OT or shootout in the Cup Tournament]
Frederikshavn-Herlev 3-0 [Expected win though it could have been a lot bigger - 40-11 in shots, so Trevor Koenig seems to be a real asset for Herlev in goal]

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The Danish Cup is ongoing with the 1/16'th finals which is played over two matches.

SønderjydskE - Rungsted 8-1 [Looks like Rungsted will have it as tough as expected].
Rødovre-Herning 3-1, [Again Rødovre wins surprisingly over Herning...a syndrome developing?]
Frederikshavn-Herlev 3-0 [Expected win though it could have been a lot bigger - 40-11 in shots, so Trevor Koenig seems to be a real asset for Herlev in goal]

He was a boss in Rodovre. Best keeper I've seen in the club. He's some years older now but damn. That his last mean King doesn't make him less boss :D

Last edited:

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
The Danish Cup is ongoing with the 1/16'th finals which is played over two matches.

Exactly my thought... Sounded like a slaughter, but let's wait for a bigger sample, maybe it was a really bad day. Rungsted's not the first club in recent years to fall that short (or high) to SønderjyskE.

The game recap on SønderjyskEs homepage read as if Peter Hirsch got mad ("had enough") after the 5-1 was scored. Or am I reading too much into it? Does anybody have some more info on that?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Exactly my thought... Sounded like a slaughter, but let's wait for a bigger sample, maybe it was a really bad day. Rungsted's not the first club in recent years to fall that short (or high) to SønderjyskE.

The game recap on SønderjyskEs homepage read as if Peter Hirsch got mad ("had enough") after the 5-1 was scored. Or am I reading too much into it? Does anybody have some more info on that?

I only know that Sebastian Feuk replaced him, but I guess that Peter Hirsch was just mad having 5 goals going past him?!
I would guess he "fumed up", but are so pro he is ready for the next match! The question is whether the very rookie defense of Rungsted can handle it?!
Rungsted certainly will get it very tough - Herlev only survived being massacred by having Trevor Koenig, but it could look like they also will be hammered once in awhile.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I only know that Sebastian Feuk replaced him, but I guess that Peter Hirsch was just mad having 5 goals going past him?!
I would guess he "fumed up", but are so pro he is ready for the next match! The question is whether the very rookie defense of Rungsted can handle it?!
Rungsted certainly will get it very tough - Herlev only survived being massacred by having Trevor Koenig, but it could look like they also will be hammered once in awhile.

Looks like Hirsch kept Rungsted in the game this time... 48-12 shots, 3-2 SønderjyskE, that's not a bad save% after all.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The 2'nd part of the Danish Cup quarterfinals ended as follows:

Herlev-Frederikshavn 1-1 -> [Frederikshavn in the semis after win in the 1'st match].
Herning-Rødovre 3-0 -> [Herning to semis with 4-3 in goal difference, so quite a come back]
Esbjerg-Odense 1-2 -> [Odense to semis after draw in the 1'st match]
Rungsted-SønderjydskE 2-3 [SønderjydskE to the semis].

So not surprisingly all the Copenhagen teams are out, though Rødovre was close to surprise Herning yet again. Odense prevented it being all-Jutland semis.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
First round of the Danish league:

Odense-Herning: 5-0 [Herning has really not impressed so far].
Frederikshavn-SønderjydskE: 1-4 [SønderjydskE as reigning champions play as such]
Rungsted-Aalborg: 1-5 [Expected win].
Herlev-Rødovre: 1-0 [Surprising win for Herlev and Trevor Koenig continues to impress in goal].

loser

Sep 23, 2013
Interesting games tomorow

Aalborg lacks depth on both defence and attack,missing important Degn and Moller,fired defencemen Wilson and missing Muller as well in defence,first line Ohman-Mansson-Pope looking dangereous and good goalie,they will get more men im sure eventually to their roster

Odense huge depth in attack,almost 4 full lines of experienced players,not so much in defence but cant have everything

Looks like even matchup,on neutral ice maybe advantage to Odense at this moment,but first home game think its wide open

Herning sholud run over Rungsted even if they have a bad day like one they had few days ago,added new ncaa winger on tryout
Rungsted sholud focus on home games and with their fans try to win matches against Herlev and maybe Rodovre,they may even steal a few points from better teams:sarcasm:

Frederikshavn Esbjberg totally open game,Fred hungry after a bad performance against SønderjyskE,but this one will be tough for them

Aalborg Odense 2-3
Herning Rungsted 6-1
Frederikshavn Esbjerg 3-3(4-3 after OT)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Interesting games tomorow

Aalborg lacks depth on both defence and attack,missing important Degn and Moller,fired defencemen Wilson and missing Muller as well in defence,first line Ohman-Mansson-Pope looking dangereous and good goalie,they will get more men im sure eventually to their roster

Odense huge depth in attack,almost 4 full lines of experienced players,not so much in defence but cant have everything

Looks like even matchup,on neutral ice maybe advantage to Odense at this moment,but first home game think its wide open

Herning sholud run over Rungsted even if they have a bad day like one they had few days ago,added new ncaa winger on tryout
Rungsted sholud focus on home games and with their fans try to win matches against Herlev and maybe Rodovre,they may even steal a few points from better teams:sarcasm:

Frederikshavn Esbjberg totally open game,Fred hungry after a bad performance against SønderjyskE,but this one will be tough for them

Aalborg Odense 2-3
Herning Rungsted 6-1
Frederikshavn Esbjerg 3-3(4-3 after OT)

Hi "loser" and welcome to the forum! :)
Seems like Aalborg is not that much lacking depth, since they beat Odense 4-3.
Otherwise Esbjerg has started a bit weaker than I thought, losing 3-1 to Frederikshavn.
Herning beat Rungsted 4-1 as expected.

loser

Sep 23, 2013
hey mate,yup big performance from Ohman hat trick and assist,Mansson and Ohman 14 points in 2 games,ridicously good

Fred won in shots against Esjberg like 40-20,but Esjberg strong team this year,looks like a slow start but they will bring up pace

Herning 4-1 but from the reports looked more close which is not good for the hosts,only 27 ahots against rungsted at home,they will struggle to score this year

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
hey mate,yup big performance from Ohman hat trick and assist,Mansson and Ohman 14 points in 2 games,ridicously good

Fred won in shots against Esjberg like 40-20,but Esjberg strong team this year,looks like a slow start but they will bring up pace

Herning 4-1 but from the reports looked more close which is not good for the hosts,only 27 ahots against rungsted at home,they will struggle to score this year

It's rare that players in the danish league get noticed in Swedish, but that duo's start did!
http://www.hockeysverige.se/blogg/robert-pettersson/14743244/svenska-radarparsuccn-i-danmark

Otherwise it looks like Herning might have the worst season (and worst roster?) in ages.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Games:
Herlev-Aalborg 2-5 [expected, but "the swedish duo" didn't own the point-production this game]
Esbjerg-SønderjydskE 4-6 [Esbjerg loses yet again, and SønderjydskE certainly are favourites to regain their title]
Rungsted-Frederikshavn 1-3 [good game by Rungsted to actually have 1-1 until the last half of the third period]

loser

Sep 23, 2013
Herlev - Herning
Herlev lost for a few weeks two important players 2. line attacker Nicki Kisum and best scorer this season defender Nicklas Hansen.Had 2-0 against AAB last game but had not enough men to keep the intensity.Playing only with 3 lines and first two lines play 25.min each so it is tough.
Herning won in tight affair against Rodovre.Missing one defender but the defence is not the problem,its scoring efficiency as well as creating traffic infront opp. goalie.Their young goalie Sorensen with some good % in two games he played.Was no elite teams need to be said.
Low scoring match sholud be small advantage to guests

Rodovre Aalborg
Rodovre lost both games so far.Only one goal scored in last 3 games.It was kinda expected with their thin offensive lineup.
Aalborg missing now 4 players with Degn,Muller and Moller it is now Madsen few weeks out.3/3 games won both offense and defence looking good.When all the players get back and with a new defender they said will bring will be top 3 contenders

Frederikshavn - Odense
Open game here.Hosts still looking for some consistency and guests after an average game against Rungsted know it will take alot more to beat FFW away.

Rungsted - Sonderjyske
Rungsted with a good game against Odense.Alot of positive to take with but today will need one or two notch above that to stay competitive against best playing team this season

sholud be interesting games at least 3 out of 4

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Good day for young goalies,both Sorensen and Feuk with 100% SVS

After many good veteran goalie appearances it was good to see them shine.
Yesterdays matches:
Rødovre-Aalborg: 3-2 after shootout. [Surprising win by Rødovre, but Öhman keeps scoring for Aalborg with 2 goals and leads scoring with 7 overall].
Frederikshavn-Odense: 5-4 [Close match, where Frederikshavn came back from a 1-3 deficit].
Herlev-Herning: 0-5 [Herning is finally getting the scoring going, and Sørensen got a shotout for Herning].
Rungsted-SønderjydskE: 2-5 [Rungsted stabilized it when Feuk came on goal after being down 0-4]

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterdays results:

Esbjerg-Rungsted: 7-3 [shots 48-31 -> must have been the best Rungsted offense so far this season]

SønderjydskE - Rødovre: 8-5 [shots 36-16 -> SønderjydskE keeps winning, but giving 5 goals on 16 shots......]

Odense-Herlev: 2-0 [shots 35-23 -> expected win]

Herning-Allborg: 3-1 [shots 27-22 -> Herning finally starting to show teeth and George Sørensen still impresses in goal].

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Yesterdays results:

Esbjerg-Rungsted: 7-3 [shots 48-31 -> must have been the best Rungsted offense so far this season]

SønderjydskE - Rødovre: 8-5 [shots 36-16 -> SønderjydskE keeps winning, but giving 5 goals on 16 shots......]

Odense-Herlev: 2-0 [shots 35-23 -> expected win]

Herning-Allborg: 3-1 [shots 27-22 -> Herning finally starting to show teeth and George Sørensen still impresses in goal].

SønderjyskE had their 17 year old rookie goalie Thomas Lillie in net... After Christian Møller decided to leave SønderjyskE for starting at Copenhagen Business School and Morten Jakobsens departure to Odense, they had to sign Lillie, who was supposed to get some more seasoning in 1st division this year, to the big club.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
SønderjyskE had their 17 year old rookie goalie Thomas Lillie in net... After Christian Møller decided to leave SønderjyskE for starting at Copenhagen Business School and Morten Jakobsens departure to Odense, they had to sign Lillie, who was supposed to get some more seasoning in 1st division this year, to the big club.

OK so I guess the plan is to play Alfie Michaud for the big games. Then Thomas Lilie can play against the weaker teams like Rungsted, Herlev and Rødovre.

By the way it seems that Rødovre also will be forced to play some U17 players since their d-men apparently got slaughtered in the match against SønderjydskE.
Morten Allesøe has neck and head pains combined with a broken arm and Sebastian Bergholt might have broken the collarbone. Mathias Larsen also down bleeding on the ice and with Marco Illeman out currently because of his studies.

That would mean that Rødovre could have 4 d-men out of the 7 they have on the roster. AUCH - so they would have to field 16-17 years old defenders (actually one of the 7 d-men already on the roster is 17 - Matias Lassen).

Rødovre is already really hurting with the injury of Jannik Karvinen, one of their best forwards.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Anybody know why Frederik Jakobsen was in net for Rodovre and not Sebastian Dahm?

According to the recap on Rødovres homepage, they let him play in order to "give him some experience with some of the better teams."

Det var en kamp hvor Frederik Jakobsen var udset til at vogte målet. Dette skulle være med til at give ham erfaring mod de lidt bedre hold.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00