Denmark: Danish League 2013-14

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
To follow up on the SønderjyskE-Rødovre incidents: Mads Lund is suspended for 3 games. Also, SønderjyskE protest against Walters 6 game suspension. They agree, that a suspension was to be handed out, but they don't agree with the lenght of the suspension.

http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/soenderjyske-anker-walters-straf

As the article states it should probably have been reversed to 6 days for Mads Lund and 3 days for Jason Walters.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
The unthinkable has happened:
Herning hand Sønderjyske, playing without Walters, Lund and Nielsen, the first loss of the year, 5-0 (2-0, 2-0, 1-0)
3 of the goals were scored on the power play, on which Herning was 3-in-8, while Sønderjyske was 0-in-2 in Power Play opportunities. Herning had the advantage in shots on goal as well, outshooting Sønderjyske 33-22.

Herlev defeats Esbjerg 2-0.

Edit:
Rungsted grabbing their 1st win of the season, defeating Rødovre in their own arena, 1-3. The Kisums bringing Rungsted up 0-1 and 1-2, Rosenthal with the insurance goal with 31 seconds left in the game. Rødovre had the advance in shots on goal, 32-22, but Hirsch obviously kept Rungsted in the game.

Aalborg and Frederikshavn had a bit of a wild derby, with 7 roughing penaltys being handed out and 12 goals for a total score of 5-7. Aalborg went up 2-0 after the 1st period, but threw the game a bit away in the 2nd, allowing 5 goals in a span of less than 10 minutes.
Öhman (1-2-3) and Månsson (0-4-4) still shining regardless of the outcome, combining for 7 points and being involved in 4 out of 5 Aalborg goals.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
As the article states it should probably have been reversed to 6 days for Mads Lund and 3 days for Jason Walters.

It really says something about the quantity(Or perhaps quality) of Danish hockey-reporters that Fredberg time-and-time again get's to write things like that last paragraph.

"Måske burde der være byttet om på de to karantæner, så Mads Lund fik en dobbelt så stor straf som Jason Walters."

That's not journalism, that belongs on hockey forums. Not that i disagree with the paragraph at all.

Rungsted grabbing their 1st win of the season, defeating Rødovre in their own arena, 1-3. The Kisums bringing Rungsted up 0-1 and 1-2, Rosenthal with the insurance goal with 31 seconds left in the game. Rødovre had the advance in shots on goal, 32-22, but Hirsch obviously kept Rungsted in the game.

Well that's just great. Really great. TAAAANK! :sarcasm:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The unthinkable has happened:
Herning hand Sønderjyske, playing without Walters, Lund and Nielsen, the first loss of the year, 5-0 (2-0, 2-0, 1-0)
3 of the goals were scored on the power play, on which Herning was 3-in-8, while Sønderjyske was 0-in-2 in Power Play opportunities. Herning had the advantage in shots on goal as well, outshooting Sønderjyske 33-22.

Herlev defeats Esbjerg 2-0.

Edit:

Aalborg and Frederikshavn had a bit of a wild derby, with 7 roughing penaltys being handed out and 12 goals for a total score of 5-7. Aalborg went up 2-0 after the 1st period, but threw the game a bit away in the 2nd, allowing 5 goals in a span of less than 10 minutes.
Öhman (1-2-3) and Månsson (0-4-4) still shining regardless of the outcome, combining for 7 points and being involved in 4 out of 5 Aalborg goals.

Wow that was certainly an insane outcome.

Herning suddenly plays like a champion contender after a very shaky start to the season. George Sørensen again with a shotout.

Herlev with outstanding goalie Trevor Koenig beat Esbjerg 2-0, even if being outshot 23-35
Esbjerg still plays way under the level I expected of them.

Rungsted fires their coach Doug McKay and wins 3-1 over Rødovre that is now last in the league (so it has hurt them losing many defenders to injuries). Søren True might be the new coach of Rungsted and it will be the first coaching job for this second drafted Dane of all time.

Aalborg-Frederikshavn was goal-galore and shots 45-39 ! - insanely high).

Goalie conclusion:
So George Sørensen and Trevor Koenig have really been outstanding so far this season.
Peter Hirsch more uneven, but that's really nothing new. When he IS on he is fantastic as he showed years ago for the Danish NT.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It really says something about the quantity(Or perhaps quality) of Danish hockey-reporters that Fredberg time-and-time again get's to write things like that last paragraph.

That's not journalism, that belongs on hockey forums. Not that i disagree with the paragraph at all.

Well that's just great. Really great. TAAAANK! :sarcasm:

I agree. Maybe it is because online journalism becomes a kind of grey zone.....or maybe no one really edit it, so the journalists have free hands?!

I had not in my wildest imagination thought that Rødovre would lose to Rungsted. The advantage to tanking in Denmark is that you can't relegate :laugh:
Maybe Rødovre has to go back to "their roots" and bring in some Russian players?!

But 8-9 spot battle seems to be among Rødovre-Rungsted. So the pride of Copenhagen rest on Herlev's shoulders this year.

Point Production lead by Aalborg's Swedish Duo:
Mathias MÃ¥nsson (Aalborg) 1G 13A (second best assists has 7!)
Victor Öhman (Aalborg) 8G 4A (second best has 6 goals)
Steffen Frank (SønderjydskE) 5G 6A (breakout year?!)
Cory Quirk (SønderJydskE) 6G 4A

Last edited:

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
So tonight is the re-match between SønderjyskE and Rødovre. What are odds to see a hard physical game or even retailiation? Pretty slim, according to Søren Stockfisch:

- Jeg tror nærmere, at vi ser det modsatte (end en kamp med mange udvisninger og hårdt spil). Jeg har haft en rigtig god dialog med Rødovre-direktør Brian Møller, og ingen har interesse i at spillere bliver skadet, siger SønderjyskE-sportschef Søren Stockfisch til Soenderjyske.dk.

Unfortunately I was dumb enough to accept a dinner invite for tonight, so I can't go to see the match, otherwise I'd be providing info on goals, penalties and scandals for tonight.

Some potential bad news for Rødovre as well: In the fight for playoff seeds - or rather against missing playoffs - Rungsted added some more talent to their roster: British-Canadian Right Wing Bryan McGregor, who has played in several leagues around North America (ECHL, AHL) and Europe (Czech Extraliga and Austrian EBEL), including a rather succesful campaign with 83 points in 67 ECHL games in 2008/09.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterdays Danish matches:

Sønderjydske - Rødovre: 7-1 [total blowout, but apparently more "friendly" than last time, though still 2*10 min.]

Odense - Herlev: 1-2 [another highly surprising win for Herlev even if being outshot 35-18, which is actually more and less the same that Rødovre was outshot with 35-19 against Sønderjydske -> goaltending really is the difference].

Esbjerg - Herning: 3-0 [finally Esbjerg managed to beat one of the tougher teams!].

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Yesterdays Danish matches:

Sønderjydske - Rødovre: 7-1 [total blowout, but apparently more "friendly" than last time, though still 2*10 min.]

Odense - Herlev: 1-2 [another highly surprising win for Herlev even if being outshot 35-18, which is actually more and less the same that Rødovre was outshot with 35-19 against Sønderjydske -> goaltending really is the difference].

Esbjerg - Herning: 3-0 [finally Esbjerg managed to beat one of the tougher teams!].

Sønderjyske only had 2 minor pentalties in that game, Rødovre got both misconducts. The first one for checking from behind, apparently, the other one combined with a holding penalty, which seems pretty odd to me. I've never seen a misconduct on a holding before. Any info on, if the refs were extra sensitive about that game or if there was some pushing and shoving? Too much complaining to the ref maybe?

Thomas Lilie was in net for SønderjyskE again. Seems like he had some sort of off-game last time both teams met, 18 saves on 19 shots is pretty decent after all.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Sønderjyske only had 2 minor pentalties in that game, Rødovre got both misconducts. The first one for checking from behind, apparently, the other one combined with a holding penalty, which seems pretty odd to me. I've never seen a misconduct on a holding before. Any info on, if the refs were extra sensitive about that game or if there was some pushing and shoving? Too much complaining to the ref maybe?

I think it's probably the referees that has been extra alert to avoid an escalation. Though I didn't see the game.
But the misconduct from holding but have been combined with some mouth?!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterdays matches:

Rødovre - Odense: 5-3 [Rødovre leaves last place and finally gets the scoring going. Returning Jannik Karvinen got 3 assists. Shots 22-42.]

Frederikshavn - Aalborg: 4-2 [Frederikshavn kept the Swedish duo from points and won the match. Shots 37-34.]

SønderjydskE - Herning: 3-5 [Lubos Pisar strong in goal for Herning. Shots 37-21].

Rungsted - Esbjerg: 3-6 [Rungsted at least manage to some goals even if even more flows into their own end. Shots 23-45].

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Forgot to mention that Herlev beat Frederikshavn 3-2 after a shootout though being outshot 24-32 and is currently 4'th in the league (though with more matches then those immediately behind them)
I have to say that Herlev really surprises positively this season.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
SønderjyskE shut out Esbjerg Energy 3-0. Brent Walton shining tonight with 2 goals and 1 assist. Cory Quirk added 2 assists to his CV as well. Both are now tied for the lead in points with 18 each.

Tyler Mosienko was the first to leave his mark on the game summary, though. Even before the first puck was dropped, he had to head to the box for a cross-checking minor.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Rødovre lost in Rungsted. Rødovre lost 7-0. Rødovre is now last.

The only silver lining is the last time we lost out on the playoffs it was a team with a young Jannik Hansen, Mads Boedker, Kasper Pedersen, David Petterson, Morten Andreasen, Rasmus Astrup, Jannik Karvinen, Martin Nielsen etc. etc.

So Bergholt, Mads Carlsen, Illemann, Lassen, Mieritz, Stokholm, Emil Christensen, Patrick Rasmussen, Emil Møller Rasmussen, Schultz, Walbum and Zorko has some big shoes to fill :( :cry: :help:

The thought of Koenig preforming miracles in Herlev doesn't comfort the Rødovre-heart one bit :shakehead

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Another sensation by Rungsted tonight: They've blown out Rødovre a whacking 7-0. Shots were slightly in favour of Rungsted as well, 33-29.
Since Peter Hirsch is hurt right now, Sebastian Feuk had to step up - and he seems to have done his job fairly well, keepng Rødovre from scoring.
Rungsted seem to have found their stride with six different goal and nine different goal scorers out of 17 skaters, getting production from almost every line they iced.

On a funny note, I saw one of the referees was 34 year old ex Herlev player Thor Dresler... Didn't know he's turned to reffing now.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah Rungsted beating Rødovre 7-0 is really surprising. Rødovre has no goalie in form and their forwards score very little and they have an injured defense. It looks rather grim for them.
On the other hand Rungsted have two goalies doing well at the moment, both Hirsch and Feuk and their forwards have been scoring even when the are totally massacred in the other end.

Beside losing to Herning SønderjydskE just keeps impressing.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterdays matches:

Frederikshavn - Rødovre: 6-4 [Rødovre was ahead 1-3, but lost. Shots 34-29, but it's a lot better than the 0-7 defeat to Rundsted]

Aalborg-Herlev: 6-2 [Herlev's goalie Koenig finally had a slump. Shots 34-23]

SønderjydskE-Esbjerg 3-4 [First really big win from Esbjerg, even though outshot 38-17 - SønderjydskE is still the best team in the league, but they have trouble with the goalkeeping].

Herning - Odense: 3-0 [Georg Sørensen with another shotout, simply amazing stats "Ninja" has so far, and Herning gets better and better. Shots 32-17].

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Todays matches:

Herlev-Frederikshavn: 2-3 after a shootout [Shots 18-32, so great goalkeeping was back for Herlev, securing yet another point].

Odense - Rungsted: 9-1 [Rungsted gets really smashed once in awhile. Shots 37-19].

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yesterday was without any surprises:

SønderJydskE - Aalborg: 4-2 [Shots 33-25, but SønderJydskE was behind 0-2].

Frederikshavn - Odense: 4-2 [Shots 36-27, 2-2 until last 5 minutes].

Rungsted - Herning: 1-4 [shots 22-38, Rungsted avoided a new blow-out].

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Last nights games:

Rødovre - Herlev: 2-0 [Extremely important win for Rødovre, shots 21-18 - did 45 year old Jesper Duus play for Rødovre as it was announced he might? If so what a comeback for the injury ridden Rødovre team].

Rungsted - SønderjydskE: 1-6 [as expected, shots 17-42]

Odense - Esbjerg: 1-4 [Esbjerg finally starting to roll, shots 49-32 - Great goaltending by Mustukovs]

Herning - Aalborg: 4-3 [shots 33-25, Aalborg is really in a losing streak]

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Last nights games:

Rødovre - Herlev: 2-0 [Extremely important win for Rødovre, shots 21-18 - did 45 year old Jesper Duus play for Rødovre as it was announced he might? If so what a comeback for the injury ridden Rødovre team].

Rungsted - SønderjydskE: 1-6 [as expected, shots 17-42]

Odense - Esbjerg: 1-4 [Esbjerg finally starting to roll, shots 49-32 - Great goaltending by Mustukovs]

Herning - Aalborg: 4-3 [shots 33-25, Aalborg is really in a losing streak]

Extremely emotional win. In the minor department a lot of people out on J-Day so the arena was (I've heard) full of atmosphere. In the bigger picture die hard fan Ivan Demediuk had his funeral the same day(Buried in a Rodovre-jersey) after his sudden death not to long ago. He was known among a lot of the fans behind the net in "Sumpen" and has been a part of the community around the club for a long time. Board member in the official fan club, organizer of lot of the road trips etc. etc. Even the players knew him as it is in a club like Rodovre. So I can't help think he might have been in the mind of some people both on and off ice.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Extremely emotional win. In the minor department a lot of people out on J-Day so the arena was (I've heard) full of atmosphere. In the bigger picture die hard fan Ivan Demediuk had his funeral the same day(Buried in a Rodovre-jersey) after his sudden death not to long ago. He was known among a lot of the fans behind the net in "Sumpen" and has been a part of the community around the club for a long time. Board member in the official fan club, organizer of lot of the road trips etc. etc. Even the players knew him as it is in a club like Rodovre. So I can't help think he might have been in the mind of some people both on and off ice.

Well since it was a burial day for a very special fan I'm sure even VikingNuck can grant you a Rødovre victory over Herlev in this one occasion!
BT even had an article about him:
http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/begravet-i-roedovres-farver

ficohok*

Croatian forward Dominik Kanaet so far with goal and asist for Herlev. It is end of 2nd period. Way to go Dominik !:handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Croatian forward Dominik Kanaet so far with goal and asist for Herlev. It is end of 2nd period. Way to go Dominik !:handclap:

So it's a new day so Herlev can beat Rødovre again....:sarcasm:
Apparently they have to delay the match because of bad ice (Copenhagen clubs have no money), but Herlev leads with 3-0.
Since they probably only have 1 ice machine and if it's broken.......what then?!

That must bring Kanaet on 4G 2A this season.....

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Just came back from Vojens, here's some of my impressions.

Sad day for Søren Dau. His 100th game in the league was cut short, when Rungsteds Marcus Nielsen decided to take him out with a nasty, reckless open ice hit to the head only 7 minutes into the game. Nielsen had to leave the game for this hit, leaving his team with a 5 minute major penalty. After the bar for such hits was set with Walters suspension, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nielsen suspended for a few games.

After a lot of pressure on Hirsch in the first 2 minutes of the 1st period, the rest of the period was pretty much of a snoozer with Sønderjyske being quite underwhelming, putting up 9 shots and no goals despite playing more than half of the period on the power play.

Cory Quirk was flying again tonight, had lots of shots and scored both goals of the game. Opposite to him, except 2 shots late in the 3rd period, Thomas Spelling was pretty invisible all night.

Both goalies were pretty solid, Peter Hirsch had some pretty nice saves early in the game. Thomas Lillie stopped all shots he faced, but wasn't really tested after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad