Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well the major appetite must be for protein drink, since with the facial injuries he not quite ready to chew I think?!
He must have received at least a light concussion with that hit, so hopefully he doesn't force himself on the ice to soon.

You know, I was thinking the same thing.. But I recall reading somewhere he was fed a smoothie or something blended :D

No he needs to take a few weeks of.. Hope his team progresses without him, and come back strong in round 2, if he is REALLY lucky :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Saw the official NHL.com video about the Eller tackle:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669091&navid=nhl:topheads

Seems that they agree with us!
A non-intentional but reckless action by Gryba with the head as primary target for a badly executed tackle.
Whether the pass was garbage or not Eller should trust that his head wouldn't be targeted.....
Since Jannik Hansen got 1 day, it's quite fitting that this is 2 days, since Gryba has no prior history.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well the major appetite must be for protein drink, since with the facial injuries he not quite ready to chew I think?!
He must have received at least a light concussion with that hit, so hopefully he doesn't force himself on the ice to soon.

Not only a light concussion....He is clearly out for quite some time. A lot of knockouts only give a very short time of unconsciousness..You actually often see mma fighters/boxers go out from a punch, only to "wake up" the second they hit the mat. What really was ugly about Eller was that he was clearly out for something like 30-40 seconds...... Mads Christensen has had 3 concussions in his career and is having trouble.....hope eller won't receive more like this or he will certainty have problems too.

I really hope they don't play him for a while....

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not only a light concussion....He is clearly out for quite some time. A lot of knockouts only give a very short time of unconsciousness..You actually often see mma fighters/boxers go out from a punch, only to "wake up" the second they hit the mat. What really was ugly about Eller was that he was clearly out for something like 30-40 seconds...... Mads Christensen has had 3 concussions in his career and is having trouble.....hope eller won't receive more like this or he will certainty have problems too.

I really hope they don't play him for a while....

Best scenario for Eller is that Montreal goes out, so he won't have to play until next season and his brain get fully rested, I would think at least a month's rest, since having concussions after each other apparently increased the severeness and long term effects.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I thinks it's mostly up to what he want's and feels ready for.

So, are we exited for tonight? Let's hope for Denmarks sake, the refs are a little better :D

I really hope Denmark didn't burn off all their fuel yesterday.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

So, are we exited for tonight? Let's hope for Denmarks sake, the refs are a little better :D

Please beat norway and stay in Elite division or our dreams of having a tournament together are good as gone.:handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

I'm a bit afraid it could be a deja vu from the WC 2012 after the 0-2 loss to the Czech.
But off course a game against Norway is always exciting. Tollefsen will have to find another guy to upset than Jannik Hansen. He will probably try to upset Bødker....:laugh:
Hope the Danes can stay cool....so it doesn't end like last time. Turning the game physical will be totally to the Norwegians advantage. We have to use speed as yesterday against Canada.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I'm a bit afraid it could be a deja vu from the WC 2012 after the 0-2 loss to the Czech.
But off course a game against Norway is always exciting. Tollefsen will have to find another guy to upset than Jannik Hansen. He will probably try to upset Bødker....:laugh:
Hope the Danes can stay cool....so it doesn't end like last time. Turning the game physical will be totally to the Norwegians advantage. We have to use speed as yesterday against Canada.

Oh god, I really hope that doesn't happen! But the Norwegians always, ALWAYS get under our skin.

I don't know what it is about them, but they are just so provocative, I saw an interview yesterday where Thoresen said, I don't remember ever loosing to Denmark. They like to piss us off :D like with Jannik last year.

Please just BEAT THEM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Oh god, I really hope that doesn't happen! But the Norwegians always, ALWAYS get under our skin.

I don't know what it is about them, but they are just so provocative, I saw an interview yesterday where Thoresen said, I don't remember ever loosing to Denmark. They like to piss us off :D like with Jannik last year.

Please just BEAT THEM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

:laugh: well then we should better give Thoresen that experience so he doesn't miss anything in life!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Oops,werent you guys the best when there are no expectations? :laugh: what is the situation in denmark? What are the fans saying about the game against norway?

There seems to be slight optimism.....My feelings are more in line with how English football fans would feel right before a penalty shootout against Germany.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That was a tough game to watch.. I honestly think Denmark deserved to win..

And to be honest, im quite disgusted with the Norwegian team.. I honestly am starting to hate Norway like I hate Chicago..

Tollefsen, well he can just go to hell!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
That was a tough game to watch.. I honestly think Denmark deserved to win..

And to be honest, im quite disgusted with the Norwegian team.. I honestly am starting to hate Norway like I hate Chicago..

Tollefsen, well he can just go to hell!

What did he say/do? :laugh: Also feel bad for danes,well theres always next year!!:handclap:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
What did he say/do? :laugh: Also feel bad for danes,well theres always next year!!:handclap:

He's just wanna those guys you wanna knock down and shut up!

He's just so outspoken and smart, and he always plays like a pitbull on steroids against Denmark. He's so much up in our faces and plays so dirty, and still talks to much..

Im glad Norway got 2 1 game suspensions from this game, they were dirty and reckless and in all honesty did not deserve to win.

Roymark said to the media after the game:

Jeg hader danskerne. Det gør vi allesammen. Derfor er det ekstradejligt at slå dem. De blærer sig, spiller småsvinsk, og tror de er så fandens gode. Så er det godt at sætte dem på plads, siger Martin Røymark til VGTV.

Translated:

I hate the Danes. We all do! That is why it feels ekstra good to beat them.
They always gloat, and play dirty, and they think they are so damn good. So it fells ekstra good to show them who's boss.

If there was ever a clear case of littlebrother complex this is it, and it happens every time in Soccer too.

They say we are this and that, when infact nothing has happened and the danes don't care, they just want to play hockey and avoid relegation.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/haanende-norsk-landsholdsspiller-jeg-hader-danskerne

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
He's just wanna those guys you wanna knock down and shut up!

He's just so outspoken and smart, and he always plays like a pitbull on steroids against Denmark. He's so much up in our faces and plays so dirty, and still talks to much..

Im glad Norway got 2 1 game suspensions from this game, they were dirty and reckless and in all honesty did not deserve to win.

Roymark said to the media after the game:

Jeg hader danskerne. Det gør vi allesammen. Derfor er det ekstradejligt at slå dem. De blærer sig, spiller småsvinsk, og tror de er så fandens gode. Så er det godt at sætte dem på plads, siger Martin Røymark til VGTV.

Translated:

I hate the Danes. We all do! That is why it feels ekstra good to beat them.
They always gloat, and play dirty, and they think they are so damn good. So it fells ekstra good to show them who's boss.

If there was ever a clear case of littlebrother complex this is it, and it happens every time in Soccer too.

They say we are this and that, when infact nothing has happened and the danes don't care, they just want to play hockey and avoid relegation.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/haanende-norsk-landsholdsspiller-jeg-hader-danskerne

Well thats certainly dumb from Tollefsens part,really uncalled for.
Also is Danish-Norwegian rivalry that strong or is he just getting all of this gloating,playing dirty part of blue air?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well thats certainly dumb from Tollefsens part,really uncalled for.
Also is Danish-Norwegian rivalry that strong or is he just getting all of this gloating,playing dirty part of blue air?

I dunno, it used to be with the swedes. But the last couple of years it has really taken off!

The Norwegians IMO suffer from some sort of a napoleon complex, they always assume danes hate them and think they are better than them, while that's not the case. Most danes in here talk nice about them and their team and player's while it's hard to find examples the other way.

I dunno what it is, but I was really disgusted..

We played Norway twice in the 2012 Euro Qualification, and boy oh boy the fighting was just non-stop! And I remember thinking well to the danes it's all fun and games, but the Norwegians truly mean it, they really do not like us!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I dunno, it used to be with the swedes. But the last couple of years it has really taken off!

The Norwegians IMO suffer from some sort of a napoleon complex, they always assume danes hate them and think they are better than them, while that's not the case. Most danes in here talk nice about them and their team and player's while it's hard to find examples the other way.

I dunno what it is, but I was really disgusted..

Well of norwegians keep on with this attitude you might actually start to hate them :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Im starting to! That's why im glad our U18 and U16 boys beat the shizzle out of them :handclap:

Now see thats good news,in future Norway shouldnt be a problem, if i remmember correctly our u-18 beat them 6:1 in some tournament,with most of our leaders missing and that was our least talented year in some time,so yeah theres that :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Now see thats good news,in future Norway shouldnt be a problem, if i remmember correctly our u-18 beat them 6:1 in some tournament,with most of our leaders missing and that was our least talented year in some time,so yeah theres that :D

Same here.

I know the U18 team missed a few players, including Bjorkstrand.

But I still want to beat them with the Sr. team at a WC.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Same here.

I know the U18 team missed a few players, including Bjorkstrand.

But I still want to beat them with the Sr. team at a WC.

All you have to do is get some players in KHL,SEL,SM-Liiga for depth and have atleast half of your NHLers in the team and norway wont have a chance :nod: I mean Holos just signed with Locomotiv,norwegians taking up spots in the K,you guys should too.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
All you have to do is get some players in KHL,SEL,SM-Liiga for depth and have atleast half of your NHLers in the team and norway wont have a chance :nod: I mean Holos just signed with Locomotiv,norwegians taking up spots in the K,you guys should too.

Try and convince our players.. I just don't think they even consider Russia before DEL, SEL and such... Ofcourse the level of KHL now and the money it gathers may make some change their minds.

Id like to see Regin in the KHL, possibly Philip Larsen aswell:)

I know if we both had a FULL on roster, we would win, but it's just not gonna happen.

Norway does border Russia, so it might not seem as bad for them to go there. The relationship between Denmark and Russia has always been very cool 1. Because they supported the baltic seperation in the early 90's 2: because of the Negative relationship after WW2 and them wanting to build a radar station on Bornholm 3, because Denmark accepted a Chechnyan "terrorist" under immigration laws. That somehow pissed Russia off. They even had several of our NT handball players denied acces to their country over some dumb nitpicking, before a WC Qual game.

I mean id love to see Danes in the K, im just not sure who and when?

And you never know, ever since Denmark let them build that gas pipe in the Danish part of the Baltic, they have thawn up a bit.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Try and convince our players.. I just don't think they even consider Russia before DEL, SEL and such... Ofcourse the level of KHL now and the money it gathers may make some change their minds.

Id like to see Regin in the KHL, possibly Philip Larsen aswell:)

I know if we both had a FULL on roster, we would win, but it's just not gonna happen.

Norway does border Russia, so it might not seem as bad for them to go there. The relationship between Denmark and Russia has always been very cool 1. Because they supported the baltic seperation in the early 90's 2: because of the Negative relationship after WW2 and them wanting to build a radar station on Bornholm 3, because Denmark accepted a Chechnyan "terrorist" under immigration laws. That somehow pissed Russia off. They even had several of our NT handball players denied acces to their country over some dumb nitpicking, before a WC Qual game.

I mean id love to see Danes in the K, im just not sure who and when?

And you never know, ever since Denmark let them build that gas pipe in the Danish part of the Baltic, they have thawn up a bit.

I think you are overthinking this :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad