Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So NY Islanders keeps surprising Pittsburgh and have now 2-2 in games. Frans Nielsen with no points and -2 in the 6-4 victory.
Since Ottawa won over Montreal Peter Regin is not ready either for WC.

Jannik Hansen (and Nicklas Jensen) could be ready for WC since Vancouver is out 4-0 in games to San Jose. Loss 4-3 in OT. Jannik Hansen was without points and +0.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So NY Islanders keeps surprising Pittsburgh and have now 2-2 in games. Frans Nielsen with no points and -2 in the 6-4 victory.
Since Ottawa won over Montreal Peter Regin is not ready either for WC.

Jannik Hansen (and Nicklas Jensen) could be ready for WC since Vancouver is out 4-0 in games to San Jose. Loss 4-3 in OT. Jannik Hansen was without points and +0.

Well, I for one believe we have a chance against the Czech, they have been very insecure! But only if we could get NJ and JH. Im so freakin mad about the way our team played in the PO. No heart, NO NOTHING.. So now it's all up to Denmark and Canada.

I don't think JH want's to join. NJ might come, but not before after the Czech game.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

What a thrilling game that was. First watching Denmark Slovenia and then Islanders - Penguins you realize how insignificant and boring the WC is. It is simply two different worlds out there.

Nielsen didnt have a very good game and was directly implified in at least one of the goals after a less than perfect line up change.

Overall Islanders played outstanding and deserved the win. They have a problem with Nabokov in the goal, but Fleury was even worse.

I am definately staying up thursday night to watch the 5th. game.

What a series.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
What a thrilling game that was. First watching Denmark Slovenia and then Islanders - Penguins you realize how insignificant and boring the WC is. It is simply two different worlds out there.

Could not agree more!

On the Vancouver-sweep: As far as I'm informed Jannik Hansen has some upper body injury, so I do not expect him to go across the world to play some games at 40-50-60 %(Depending on how severe his injury is, jet-lag, lack of chemistry etc.).

As informed by the DIU they have made inquiries about Nicklas Jensen who must be hungry after playing and could add some much needed offense. But then again. He's on the other side of the planet and we play the Czech tomorrow and Belarus Friday.

Putting some numbers out there. The chances of Jannik Hansen joining the NT would be around 10-20%. The chances of Nicklas Jensen would be around 50-60%.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Nielsen didnt have a very good game and was directly implified in at least one of the goals after a less than perfect line up change.

Overall Islanders played outstanding and deserved the win. They have a problem with Nabokov in the goal, but Fleury was even worse.

I am definately staying up thursday night to watch the 5th. game.

What a series.

Its been a bummer year for Danish hockey imo.

We loose out on our players to the PO, only too see the biggest hope get injured.
Vancouver were awful :( Hansen too!

Franzie not at all the factor I thought he would be, he seemed so hungry for PO, id expect more.

Regin's not even playing and neither is FA or NJ.

Jannik has officialy confirmed he won't be coming.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Nicklas Jensen has given his okay, now it's just about the green light from the Canucks organization.

They must be expecting a yes because their ETA for Jensen is tomorrow night. So from friday night.

That gives him a game(vs. Switzerland) and three days before Monday and the Belarus-game.

UPDATE: Canucks have given their green light. Jensen will on a plane and in Stockholm within 24 hours.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Its been a bummer year for Danish hockey imo.

We loose out on our players to the PO, only too see the biggest hope get injured.
Vancouver were awful :( Hansen too!

Franzie not at all the factor I thought he would be, he seemed so hungry for PO, id expect more.

Regin's not even playing and neither is FA or NJ.

Jannik has officialy confirmed he won't be coming.

I assume you are being ironic, but sense you are not.
How can this be a bad year for Denmark? Oliver Lauridsen and Nicklas Jensen got their debute in NHL and a few others are closer on their dream. If it werent for a moronic agent Frederik Andersen would probably also have had his debute.

In terms of our NT we very fast gets accustomed to get our top players home from NA. Imagine us ***** about only having four NHL-players in our roster ten years ago? The idea seems far-fetched and shows how fast we gets spoiled having our best players available all the time.

I must admit that even though I am disappointed about our depth on the NT I am happy for Lars Eller that he found his niche in Montreal and that Nielsen seems to have found his place in Long Island and finally logs playoff minutes. In the long run I am sure the danish NT will benefit from these circumstances also.

Yes we failed in qualifying for the olympics and yes, the WC underlines that there is yet a lot to be done.

Nevertheless, in the end of the year, I would still have a good feeling about this season for danish hockey. Besides a couple of debutes where one was less expected we got another defenseman on a entry level contract in NHL. With draft just around the corner and a couple of prospects lined up, we are ready to take another step forward adding to our NA roster.

Hopefully Regin finds out that NHL isnt for him and return to Europe. And even though Bødker have had an ok season in Coyotes, I still think the big ice suits him better. Maybe it is time for some of the boys to return home and make it in KHL instead.

Lighten up, the future is bright. :handclap:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
How can this be a bad year for Denmark? Oliver Lauridsen and Nicklas Jensen got their debute in NHL and a few others are closer on their dream. If it werent for a moronic agent Frederik Andersen would probably also have had his debute.

In terms of our NT we very fast gets accustomed to get our top players home from NA. Imagine us ***** about only having four NHL-players in our roster ten years ago? The idea seems far-fetched and shows how fast we gets spoiled having our best players available all the time.

I must admit that even though I am disappointed about our depth on the NT I am happy for Lars Eller that he found his niche in Montreal and that Nielsen seems to have found his place in Long Island and finally logs playoff minutes. In the long run I am sure the danish NT will benefit from these circumstances also.

Yes we failed in qualifying for the olympics and yes, the WC underlines that there is yet a lot to be done.

Nevertheless, in the end of the year, I would still have a good feeling about this season for danish hockey. Besides a couple of debutes where one was less expected we got another defenseman on a entry level contract in NHL. With draft just around the corner and a couple of prospects lined up, we are ready to take another step forward adding to our NA roster.

Hopefully Regin finds out that NHL isnt for him and return to Europe. And even though Bødker have had an ok season in Coyotes, I still think the big ice suits him better. Maybe it is time for some of the boys to return home and make it in KHL instead.

Lighten up, the future is bright. :handclap:

Maybe I was overreacting a little :) But you have to remember that I don't put as much into NHL debut's as others might do.

Im pretty much devastated by the fact that San Jose just beat my team with no resistance, and I wrote that pretty close after, so maybe my feelings got in the way.

I still don't see this year being that great, ill admit, there have been some good happenings, and the year started well. Eller has been impressive, and that's why it sucks even more that he get's injured.

Hansen was not up to his best for Van in PO: Jensen really, REALLY sucked down in Chicago, and I was less than impressed with him or the rest of the team during OGQ.

Regin is probably done in the NHL, which was clearer then ever this year. Andersens agent might just have screwed Andersen big time. Frans Nielsen is finally getting PO time but I dunno, I just expected more of him.

Larsen is confusing to watch, really..

I am honest to god when I say that I think it has been a bummer year for the NT, okay maybe not danish hockey in general, but the Danish NT. Oliver Lauridsen is one of few lights of the season.

But yeah as you say, I also think Regin and Boeds are better on big ice.

Future does look bright, but every year it just seems we are missing a few bricks to the puzzle. I think that Norway game really rattled me, they got under my skin and its annoying too see a team have succes no matter how awful they are :D

But to clarify, not as negative as I made my initial post sound :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
What can be frustrating is that our NT seriously need some NA help and then 3 players (Peter Regin, Frederik Andersen, Nicklas Jensen) are in NA, but not playing in the Stanley Cup.
Of the rest Lars Eller got badly injured (that could soon have join the NT if not injured), Jannik Hansen semi-injured (so he can't join the NT now) and Frans Nielsen.
Of all the Danes in play off only Frans Nielsen have points (2 assists).

So where the Danes did quite OK in the regular season, the playoffs have been a bummer.

For the NT we have to get over the last 1 year of bad play. WC 2012 was total flop with the roster we had. OQ also a big flop.
WC 2013 has been better play (the nervous Slovenia game excepted), but we are still far from safe from relegation.

Positives:
The career of the Lauridsen-brothers. The are going forward and Oliver got NHL time and Markus an entry level contract. The both also have played very well this WC. It has been the best defense a danish NT have had in a long time.
Our old veteran players really have taken responsibility when it comes to producing - Morten Green, Kim Staal and semi-old Morten Madsen.

Bäckman's lineups and coaching:
Spreading out the quality of the 4 forward lines have been somewhat of a succes. Actually the 4'th line with Bjørkstrand, Staal and Madsen has been the best line, where Bødker has been the best player (but sadly is so goal-jinxed at the moment).
But I say again - Power play sucks big time again. We need faster puck movement and mobility and more shots from outside. Mikkel Bødker hugs the puck to much on the PP and it's to easy to defend against.

At least PK has generally been excellent, but 11*2min penalties in second periods have cost us 1 PP-goal against in each of the three matches. (that cost us 2 points at least).

So it's time to surprise us...let's give it to the Czechs. We were so close last year (0-2 defeat), so fight on and our luck might change.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Jensen really, REALLY sucked down in Chicago, and I was less than impressed with him or the rest of the team during OGQ.

Jensen have played on three different club teams and the NT. It is hard to expect a 19 year old to be able to be able to absorb it all. Therefor I do not think you should put so much into him not performing well for the wolves at the end of the season. Instead focus on his good performance in Sweden being topscorer on a bottom team even with changing line-ups all the time and a long time on 4th line. He learns, he adapts, he experiences.

Putting him on the Nucks was just to soon for him. He needs at least another year for Wolves and then they can start bringing him up for some matches when injuries requires to bring up som prospects.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jensen have played on three different club teams and the NT. It is hard to expect a 19 year old to be able to be able to absorb it all. Therefor I do not think you should put so much into him not performing well for the wolves at the end of the season. Instead focus on his good performance in Sweden being topscorer on a bottom team even with changing line-ups all the time and a long time on 4th line. He learns, he adapts, he experiences.

Putting him on the Nucks was just to soon for him. He needs at least another year for Wolves and then they can start bringing him up for some matches when injuries requires to bring up som prospects.

I agree. He has had some change of scenery and in his age many players are very uneven in their performances. Hope he can end well for the NT and come back next season for a Vancouver that need some young-blood after the playoff fiasco.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I agree with many of the points but how you could call the wc insignificant and boring is beyond me. I love thid tournament and i love all the surprises that it offers. And there is being played some great games too...i dont understand why we have to compare the wc and the nhl. Thr fact that it collides wuth the nhl playoff at least forces nstions to focus on improving their own leagues, getting players to other euro leagues and having more depth

. I might be more patient with our team that you guys. Would be great if we could fight for the quarter finals but we dont have the team this year. I think the players have performed very well considering the team we have this year. We severely lack offensive firepower but a few if the old guys and even some of the european based players have stepped up. I think storm, green, bjørkstrand, madsen and storm have been a pleasure to watch. Big oliver and larsen have been doing very good too. Simon nielsen is having his best wc.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
How can this be a bad year for Denmark?

:laugh: You must be new around here (I see that you are)? Let me explain to you how things work in this thread:

If a Dane did not get at least one point, he played badly.
If a Dane played well but ended as a minus or even, he played badly.
If a Dane was horrible but ended as a plus, he played well.
If a Dane got a point he played brilliantly.
If a Dane scored a goal but ended as a minus he was "okay".
If a Dane get's scratched we go to the respective team board and yell at someone.
If a Dane is one of the best defensive centers in the world and shuts down the Crosbys and the Malkins, etc. on a daily basis, but do not score many goals while he's doing it, he is "struggling". It doesn't matter if he anchors two offensively minded wingers too.

These points are not mutually exclusive. This results in some confusion sometimes. Like if a Dane scores a goal but ends as a minus two. In such a case he was good offensively but bad defensively.

TOI is completely irrelevant when judging how a Dane is doing. However, if he plays less than 15 minutes he is in the coach's doghouse. And the coach is an idiot.

Note that you don't actually have to watch the game to judge this. Game statistics is plenty.

:)

Just remember these simple rules and you'll fit right in. Welcome aboard.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I agree with many of the points but how you could call the wc insignificant and boring is beyond me. I love thid tournament and i love all the surprises that it offers. And there is being played some great games too...i dont understand why we have to compare the wc and the nhl. Thr fact that it collides wuth the nhl playoff at least forces nstions to focus on improving their own leagues, getting players to other euro leagues and having more depth

. I might be more patient with our team that you guys. Would be great if we could fight for the quarter finals but we dont have the team this year. I think the players have performed very well considering the team we have this year. We severely lack offensive firepower but a few if the old guys and even some of the european based players have stepped up. I think storm, green, bjørkstrand, madsen and storm have been a pleasure to watch. Big oliver and larsen have been doing very good too. Simon nielsen is having his best wc.

Maybe so, but I expect a world championship to contain the worlds best players and both you and I knows that is not the case, right? Fact is that WC in its present state is a joke and has nothing to do with who is the worlds best. It is more like which country has the best B-team.

So why call it the WC then?

Dont get me wrong. I found the game this afternoon very exciting. But it was not because of the intensity or the grid, the speed or the nice technical level in which it was played. In fact, the only reason was because Denmark was one of the teams. If that would have been a match between Czechs and Latvia I would have turned off the TV after 5 minutes.

The whole concept of a WC is getting so freaking exploited, that I think it is time to revaluate the format all over again. In the 80's you had Canada Cup preseason to make an alternative for the WC where all players where available. That didnt work out to well either, but having WC every year is in my opinion killing a lot of the attention that the sport would have got otherwise.

If you still dont get my point, then let me ask you a question: Would you feel so strong about the WC if we had qualified for the olympics?
Nobody ells seems to, except for the hardcore hockeyfans.

Buttom line; I called the WC insignificant and boring because what I like in hockey is intensity, fighting spirit, speed, techical superiority and a living crowd. I do not see any of those parameters in the WC except once in a while.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
:laugh: You must be new around here (I see that you are)? Let me explain to you how things work in this thread:

If a Dane get's scratched we go to the respective team board and yell at someone.
If a Dane is one of the best defensive centers in the world and shuts down the Crosbys and the Malkins, etc. on a daily basis, but do not score many goals while he's doing it, he is "struggling". It doesn't matter if he anchors two offensively minded wingers too.

These points are not mutually exclusive. This results in some confusion sometimes. Like if a Dane scores a goal but ends as a minus two. In such a case he was good offensively but bad defensively.

TOI is completely irrelevant when judging how a Dane is doing. However, if he plays less than 15 minutes he is in the coach's doghouse. And the coach is an idiot.

Note that you don't actually have to watch the game to judge this. Game statistics is plenty.

I admit I am new here. And with your ten commandments I am sure I will fit right into the mass in the future and just nodd my head every now and then. Oh wait, I am not trying to fit in.

Your rule about shutdown centers made me chuggle a bit though. But I think you should expand it by explaining that line change ups in the middle of playoffs might disturb some chemistry in what appeared to be a perfect line and the reason for it was to make the starplayer on the team start producing again. But those are off course minor details.

Edit: Nielsen still gets 0,5 point per game which is what he has produced in his career, so how is that suddenly struggling?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
My grade book for the 2013-season:

Couldn't pick a letter or number, so gave them a + or - depending on whether I think they're better or worse of than last year this time.

Frans Nielsen: +

The bottom line is that the Islanders made it to the playoffs. Both the team and Frans Nielsen started off a bit slow, but with the team he rose and somewhat surprising they made the playoff.

Frans Nielsen proved himself to be a playoff-worthy 2C. That's quite something for the amount of potential he has. On the down side he didn't hit the hot streak he did last season with Grabner and the numbers does suggest a worse defensive effort(More shots against). At the same time his point per game is up so numbers can tell two stories at the same time. The truth properly lays somewhere in between.

But at the end of the day every player must be measured by the score on the score board. Frans and the Islanders came through and gave their fans playoff hockey.

Might be influenced a bit by the Islanders making one of the biggest surprises by being 2-2 against a stacked Pittsburgh Penguins.

Jannik Hansen: +/-

This one is tricky. If feel he has become more consistent offensively. Going of memory he's been juggled around in the line-up more this year. That shows. But as a player in a vacuum I think he's been better.

As well as the plus on Frans Nielsens B might be influenced by their playoff the same way Jannik Hansen has suffered from the 'Nucks playoff. Auch

Peter Regin: +

Stayed healthy. Mission accomplished. Nothing more. End of story.

Mikkel Boedker: +

I do not understand why on earth anybody would want Boedker out of the NHL. I simply cannot see it. I love watching Boedker play

The times I've seen him he's been using his speed, his defensive game is very underrated and a really coach-player(As in the kinda player the coach loves). He does all the right things, is hard to play against. He's not a world star but he's good top 6-player in the NHL.

There's a difference from team to team and the Tippett-kinda hockey is no doubt hurting his offensive numbers. But wining 1-0 counts just as much as a 6-5-win. And Boedker is not bad defensively.

My biggest knock is that the team failed to reach the playoffs. He was part of the core and the core didn't deliver when the chips were down.

Philip Larsen: -

He got worse as the season went on. He's a good player no doubt, but when it doesn't show... Gotta flunk him :D

The Dallas defense never found any consistency. The defensive coverage up til the trade deadline was horrible. After it still wasn't great but got better. In front of the net he got manhandled sometimes.

Offensively he made poor decisions. Lack of confidence perhaps. Philip Larsen never put up big numbers and until his season in the AHL-season he seemed to be a defense-first D-man. After putting 20ish points in both Elitserien and the AHL he suddenly went on to be not only a two-way D-man but a offensive d-man. That's not how he's best. He's a great transition player but if defense is not his main focus his size and defense becomes a liability at this level.

Last year he was cool, humble and played simple. Still thinks he has a future in the NHL but he won't survive a season more like this. But I've heard of sophomore-slumps before and I'm confident/hope that's what Philip Larsen's going through.

Oliver Lauridsen: +

Circumstances made a spot for Oliver Lauridsen in the NHL. A great experience for him. Saw him a couple of times. He needs to work on his skating and he'll get his time to do that in the AHL.

Other than that the fact that he's shown some kind of NHL-upside is a step up from where he was last summer.

Nicklas Jensen: +

What a year. His stock is up after some highlight goals in the SEL. Eventually got dumped. Didn't give a great showing in the AHL but some consistency will do him great.

Frederik Andersen: +

Made a bad choice when he left the Hurricanes IMO. But after a shaky start he's had a fantastic season in the AHL based on numbers. He's done everything required of him.

Markus Laurdisen: +

Is a NHL-contract richer than last year this time.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Putting Robin Hoods... sarcastic... tone a side there's some truth to the post.

Numbers can be used to very little(Not the same as nothing) and is often used wrong.

Look at Frans Nielsens numbers this year.

The numbers of shots for created while he's on ice is down, while his point per game is up. How to explain that? Deliberate seeking better chances? Something to do with luck? Different way of constructing the line he's on? All three properly factors in IMO.

I'm a sinner my self no doubt, but I try not to use number correctly and to a minimum :)

A number I do find useful is points. Again used right(Don't compare Mikkel Boedkers numbers to Lars Ellers. Their systems aren't alike) I think you can get something from it.

And overlooking Peter Regin(For health reasons) and Philip Larsen(Part because he's a D-man, part because he's sucked) there's been nothing but a rise i point-per-game for the Danes all around :)

So I'm glad to see more posters agreeing that this year has not been a step back for Danish hockey. Even though I still find it puzzling there's so much reservation for Boedker :laugh: Just goes to show that "good hockey" is subjective and the reasoning behind is just so.

EDIT: Oh as a little conversation starter I'll put some (useless) numbers to the Islanders chances of beating Penguins in their best-of-three series ahead. I'll give the Islanders a 40 % chance of advance.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Putting Robin Hoods... sarcastic... tone a side there's some truth to the post.

Numbers can be used to very little(Not the same as nothing) and is often used wrong.

Look at Frans Nielsens numbers this year.

The numbers of shots for created while he's on ice is down, while his point per game is up. How to explain that? Deliberate seeking better chances? Something to do with luck? Different way of constructing the line he's on? All three properly factors in IMO.

I'm a sinner my self no doubt, but I try not to use number correctly and to a minimum :)

A number I do find useful is points. Again used right(Don't compare Mikkel Boedkers numbers to Lars Ellers. Their systems aren't alike) I think you can get something from it.

And overlooking Peter Regin(For health reasons) and Philip Larsen(Part because he's a D-man, part because he's sucked) there's been nothing but a rise i point-per-game for the Danes all around :)

So I'm glad to see more posters agreeing that this year has not been a step back for Danish hockey. Even though I still find it puzzling there's so much reservation for Boedker :laugh: Just goes to show that "good hockey" is subjective and the reasoning behind is just so.

EDIT: Oh as a little conversation starter I'll put some (useless) numbers to the Islanders chances of beating Penguins in their best-of-three series ahead. I'll give the Islanders a 40 % chance of advance.

Nah, after watching two periods of game 5, I wouldnt give Islanders 40 % chance. More like 10 %. They will not advance as long as Nabokov is in the goal.

I didnt say Bødker should return home to Europe. I said that I think his tecnical level would fit better in KHL and on larger ice. I am well aware that he have had a minor breakout year even though he have had a hard time in the last half of the short season with all the injuries and trades in Coyotes. I am still puzzled that they traded three key players away when they still had a pretty good chance at making the playoffs.

I agree on Jannik Hansen. He have actually played better this year, and his line with Raymond and Higgins where actually quite good. Dont really know why Alan Vignault wanted to break that up. Was either one of them traded? Anyway it seems that the Nucks era is gone for now.

I dont fully agree on Larsen. Yes he have flunked somewhat, but it hasnt been easy with all the injuries and trades that Dallas made. Shifting defensive pairs all the time isnt really going to make it more stabile.

Generally I dont really care about numbers. They are in the end just numbers. When Eller played 5 games in a row without a point some wanted to say that he was in a crysis, but if you had watched the games this season, you would know that the truth was very far from it. Together with Subban, Eller and his line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher have been the best in Habs by a milestone. And having a third line putting up what equals 50-55 points for a full season is really really good. Not many teams have that.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark

Amen. :laugh:
:handclap:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Im getting sick of (Person should very well know who he/she is) very hostile and condescending attitude..

I get that we can be harsh sometimes, but this is a forum and this is a place to discuss those things. We are passionate fans, and are not always the most objective, but we do say that, and I don't think any of us are to good to admit when we have!

Also, some of the things you state are just downright wrong, I for one watch a lot of games, I don't just look at statistics or TOI and I certainly don't think a point for a dane qualifies for a brilliant game. I think allot of us have been pretty clear about that.

We could also make a list of things to do if we had to follow the rest of you guys? It's basically the Jantelov:

We can't get overly exited, nor can we be overly harsh!

If we comment on danish players on teams we aren't fans of, we will surely get hunted down.

If we are not satisfied with a danes game and we voice it, be sure to defend yourself against the HF Police.

If we form a educated opinion said people don't agree with, you will be hunted down.

They use tactics like smugness, condescening attitudes, arrogance, and are just generally rude.

If you don't sit on your knees and look up at all the big countries with admiration and stay humble, because you are danish, you will be hunted down! God forbid a dane actually has an educated hockey opinion or shows feelings.

If you have a danish flag, but is equally as Canadian and you comment in forums with danish players you have a subjective BIAS.

No names shall be mentioned.

Besides, saying it has been a bad year, is not just a credit to how a players statistical season has been. Im also talking the injuries during PO that meant not being able to use them in the WC nor watch them in the PO.

Look I get that the above was a little bit of a personal vandetta on me, and nothing said could change that opinion, and I get you really don't like me. But please for the love of god, this attitude and personal hunting is getting old!

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Yup I know he has, and I get that can be harsh for a young guy. But that doesn't change the fact that he sucked down in Chicago. There may be a good reason for that sucking. But it still doesn't change it.

Yes it was too soon, and I said that aswell and allot of people on the nucks boards said that too.

But I will surely keep from writing anything but neutral posts in the future..

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Nah, after watching two periods of game 5, I wouldnt give Islanders 40 % chance. More like 10 %. They will not advance as long as Nabokov is in the goal.

:laugh: Only saw the highlights but yeah... premature. Though they did well in three of the first four games but last night kinda showed the difference. The lack of Fleury is also gonna hurt the Islanders chances.

Anyway it seems that the Nucks era is gone for now.

Let's wait and see on that one. A new coach might do wonders. It's practically the same core that led one game away from a Stanley Cup-trophy.

I dont fully agree on Larsen. Yes he have flunked somewhat, but it hasnt been easy with all the injuries and trades that Dallas made. Shifting defensive pairs all the time isnt really going to make it more stabile.

Not buying it. Of course there's a lot of reasons and excuses. Sure Dallas had injuries but every team has that. If he's gonna ******* up every time a teammates is down... That's not gonna go down well. In fact I don't any Dallas D went down for more than a couple of games. Except Philip him self.

And shifting partners is a part of it but even with a consistent partner(Oleksiak for 10 games or so and Rome since the trade deadline) he was bad more than often.

And the trade-part. Dallas actually improved significantly after Ryder, Roy and Jagr left. Before the trade deadline I don't remember any trades that could influence Philip Larsen in any way.

I'm sorry to break the Daniel Agger-treatment he's been given but he had a bad year beyond the excuses. Given Dallas has a lot of young D-men ready in the AHL he's gonna need a good season next year. But looking at him at the WC I'm sure he's gonna get just that :)

Generally I dont really care about numbers.... And having a third line putting up what equals 50-55 points for a full season is really really good. Not many teams have that.

:laugh: ... But I agree. Eller's season's been good. Can see I forgot him, but he was def. a +. He was third in points for the Montreal forwards. That's pretty darn good. I'm still waiting for Montreal to ship out a forward out that's not something Eller can do any thing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad