Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So not going great for the Danes in NHL.
Frans Nielsen have 2 assists so far but Islanders is down 1-2.
Vancouver is really going down against San Jose 0-3 and Jannik Hansen has 0 points.
Regin is benched for Ottawa and Eller is injured and Nicklas Jensen is not playing.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So not going great for the Danes in NHL.
Frans Nielsen have 2 assists so far but Islanders is down 1-2.
Vancouver is really going down against San Jose 0-3 and Jannik Hansen has 0 points.
Regin is benched for Ottawa and Eller is injured and Nicklas Jensen is not playing.

It's just depressing coupled with the loss to Norway :(

Man I really need Canada to step up and win gold, and save the day for me...

Im really worried our confidence is down, along with physical wear before the Slovenia game.. WE HAVE TO WIN IT!!!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's just depressing coupled with the loss to Norway :(

Man I really need Canada to step up and win gold, and save the day for me...

Im really worried our confidence is down, along with physical wear before the Slovenia game.. WE HAVE TO WIN IT!!!

Yeah though losing the Olympics is by far the most depressing. If someone don't think that...they just have to wait for Sochi and the hype that will build up.

But Denmark has to look at the positive. They play better than in 2012. When they don't take to many penalties that have good flow.
But I'm afraid we still haven't solved the PP problem.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah though losing the Olympics is by far the most depressing. If someone don't think that...they just have to wait for Sochi and the hype that will build up.

But Denmark has to look at the positive. They play better than in 2012. When they don't take to many penalties that have good flow.
But I'm afraid we still haven't solved the PP problem.

The OGQ was defo the biggest blow! But atleast I have Canada to cheer for :D

But, yeah the hype could'of really helped Denmark build up some local hype aswell!

Yeah, we are better, with a worse team on paper, but a team that is better played together! I think we were the better team yesterday, and that's why it sucks even more. Also because we let the Norwegians bully us once again!

The Norwegians just have so many advantages, players that all play in Europe and are always available (Not counting Zucca), and players that always play together and know each other in and out. With that in mind, I think it's even more impressive how we were better than them yesterday!

And yes, the PP, wth is with that freaking PP, make it work for god's sake PB!

I still think the refs have been particularly unfair to Denmark... I think we are going to have a hard time against the Swiss... They are very impressive so far, and maybe one of the most physical teams.. Gonna be a toigh one...

Right now, we just really need to stay up! And Vancouver REALLY needs to win the next 3!

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The OGQ was defo the biggest blow! But atleast I have Canada to cheer for :D

But, yeah the hype could'of really helped Denmark build up some local hype aswell!

Yeah, we are better, with a worse team on paper, but a team that is better played together! I think we were the better team yesterday, and that's why it sucks even more. Also because we let the Norwegians bully us once again!

The Norwegians just have so many advantages, players that all play in Europe and are always available (Not counting Zucca), and players that always play together and know each other in and out. With that in mind, I think it's even more impressive how we were better than them yesterday!

And yes, the PP, wth is with that freaking PP, make it work for god's sake PB!

I still think the refs have been particularly unfair to Denmark... I think we are going to have a hard time against the Swiss... They are very impressive so far, and maybe one of the most physical teams.. Gonna be a toigh one...

Right now, we just really need to stay up! And Vancouver REALLY needs to win the next 3!

Well Tollefsen basically got Jakobsen and Starkov send off on BS penalties.
But hey Tollefsen speciality...it not only against Denmark he does that. Otherwise it's the Danes own fault by losing their head and get involved in this bashing game.
But I agreed that we actually played the best hockey in the game and that is a big improvement compared to other recent games against Norway.
But in hockey if your PP suck you suck especially on big ice.....
Bødker's attempt to find Christensen near the box was good, but they overdid it. To few shots from the blueline - finally they gave one to Lassen and bam it was a goal. Puck moment way to slow and to static with little movement made it very easy to defend against. Especially when they discovered what Bødker tried to do.
and yes Bødker doesn't shoot enough. This game he greased the puck constantly on the PP.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well Tollefsen basically got Jakobsen and Starkov send off on BS penalties.
But hey Tollefsen speciality...it not only against Denmark he does that. Otherwise it's the Danes own fault by losing their head and get involved in this bashing game.
But I agreed that we actually played the best hockey in the game and that is a big improvement compared to other recent games against Norway.
But in hockey if your PP suck you suck especially on big ice.....
Bødker's attempt to find Christensen near the box was good, but they overdid it. To few shots from the blueline - finally they gave one to Lassen and bam it was a goal. Puck moment way to slow and to static with little movement made it very easy to defend against. Especially when they discovered what Bødker tried to do.
and yes Bødker doesn't shoot enough. This game he greased the puck constantly on the PP.

Agreed on the first part!

I know, I know, we should know better! But he does have a little ekstra fire against us. All the Norway team, gather all their collective will to beat Denmark everytime. It's just sooo frustrating.

They ALL need to shoot more, it was the same last year..

Admited, it's not AS bad as last year as we have gotten of quite a few shots. But Boedker, O.Lauridsen need too shoot more. Boedker pissed me off the way he just hogged the puck.. Let go or shoot!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Agreed on the first part!

I know, I know, we should know better! But he does have a little ekstra fire against us. All the Norway team, gather all their collective will to beat Denmark everytime. It's just sooo frustrating.

They ALL need to shoot more, it was the same last year..

Admited, it's not AS bad as last year as we have gotten of quite a few shots. But Boedker, O.Lauridsen need too shoot more. Boedker pissed me off the way he just hogged the puck.. Let go or shoot!

So you didn't agree on the PP being static? Just agreed they didn't shoot enough?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So you didn't agree on the PP being static? Just agreed they didn't shoot enough?

Haha no no sorry mate.. I agree on that aswell, im a bit distracted lately :D

The PP is definitely static and slow, and sluggish. And they seem to be unsure about what to do.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
How is the Lars Eller head collision physics doing....still being modelled? ;)

Haha, I honestly haven't even looked it through..

Ill give it a go though if ya want:) Not sure ill be able to get anough angles for a 100% match.. But I think we can get a serious answer:)
Be aware though,I cant post findings online from our privately funded lab :D - I can post the numbers, but not the actual sheet that comes with it :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Haha, I honestly haven't even looked it through..

Ill give it a go though if ya want:) Not sure ill be able to get anough angles for a 100% match.. But I think we can get a serious answer:)
Be aware though,I cant post findings online from our privately funded lab :D - I can post the numbers, but not the actual sheet that comes with it :)

Oh well you can just give the outcome of the modelling (no need to get in trouble posting official papers). I'll trust you as a scientist to another! ;)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ive should probably have posted my latest post in the denmark thread here, but didn't read this until after so I might repeat myself a little:p

The disappointment was big but I did think we played a decent game againts norway, and while we did take a few stupid penalties, I have to admit that I loved the intensity and that we didn't let norway boss us around.

There is a very different feel about the team this year despite missing some of our key players.

we HAVE to win against slovenia but I think we can. The players are certainty up for it..

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Oh well you can just give the outcome of the modelling (no need to get in trouble posting official papers). I'll trust you as a scientist to another! ;)

You guys both are scientists no wonder your responses are so well thought out,really intelligent community you have here guys :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
You guys both are scientists no wonder your responses are so well thought out,really intelligent community you have here guys :laugh:

Well this scientist have ended up being a gymnasium (liceum) teacher so maybe that also trains you to be more diplomatic and overbearing :laugh: but unfortunately less time to play supernerd. Like the finding of a gecko with irridescent scales in India which is a first, which I caught, but I dont have time to sift through all the journals anymore.
But then it's good I can give (vikingnuck/ImgoingNucks or in what ever nuck-rection he is going) some "homework" with the Eller-injury modelling! :naughty:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well this scientist have ended up being a gymnasium (liceum) teacher so maybe that also trains you to be more diplomatic and overbearing :laugh: but unfortunately less time to play supernerd. Like the finding of a gecko with irridescent scales in India which is a first, which I caught, but I dont have time to sift through all the journals anymore.
But then it's good I can give (vikingnuck/ImgoingNucks or in what ever nuck-rection he is going) some "homework" with the Eller-injury modelling! :naughty:

Good theres people like you,ive never been any good at math,physics and that sort of thing :laugh: for some its just not meant to be i guess :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Here we go:

I stayed a little later in the lab, with some help from a friend who is a master with this programe.

We had 11 different angles to work with in all, some of better quality than others in terms of picture depth, which is important.

Chin/Cheek had the highest procentile with 97%

Back of head 90%

Neck 86%

Below neck 60%

Below Shoulders/Back 45%

For me, that's all the information I need. The most important numbers from this, is the low procentile of a hit below the neck! Showing there probably was first contact to an illegal region.

Haha, I dunno, I tend to ramble! I almost pursued a career in Aviation! And if I did, I would still be a rambler :D

Hey, teaching and molding the minds of the future is no small task! You should get back in the field mate :D I would love to have some real life accounts!

Homework completed, and I think ill keep with this nick, it gave me a littlle laugh :D

Good theres people like you,ive never been any good at math,physics and that sort of thing :laugh: for some its just not meant to be i guess :D

Hey, brains are different, and thank the universe for that :D I bet you have other strengths that we don't.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I stayed a little later in the lab, with some help from a friend who is a master with this programe.

We had 11 different angles to work with in all, some of better quality than others in terms of picture depth, which is important.

Chin/Cheek had the highest procentile with 97%

Back of head 90%

Neck 86%

Below neck 60%

Below Shoulders/Back 45%

For me, that's all the information I need. The most important numbers from this, is the low procentile of a hit below the neck! Showing their probably was first contact to an illegal region.

Yeah it's overwhelming odds for a primary head contact and not primary shoulder. Thanks for the work :handclap:......so our gut instinct from looking as the footage was correct. It also proves that people tend to look for what they want (those who want the big smash and blood in hockey). So many on the boards was thinking it was a legal tackle. Maybe that it happened to a Montreal player blurred their vision......

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah it's overwhelming odds for a primary head contact and not primary shoulder. Thanks for the work :handclap:......so our gut instinct from looking as the footage was correct. It also proves that people tend to look for what they want (those who want the big smash and blood in hockey). So many on the boards was thinking it was a legal tackle. Maybe that it happened to a Montreal player blurred their vision......

Exactly! :D Don't worry, it was pretty fun doing it :) Ive never used it for this before. But the guys who use it on a regular basis, often have fun with it..

Montreal being the team, defo had an impact. And people of lesser spacial intelligence might not have the capacity to look at it from a different perspective than that of a skewed camera angle that is obviously going to make for a wrong assesment due to optical illusions.

But allot of people in NA, still want these hits, they like the blood and gore.. Sadly..

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hey, teaching and molding the minds of the future is no small task! You should get back in the field mate :D I would love to have some real life accounts!

Hey, brains are different, and thank the universe for that :D I bet you have other strengths that we don't.

If all the world had brains like me it would be a Don Quixote society, where everyone would live on intellectual clouds dressed over a base diet of dinosaur bones. :sarcasm:

NB: You can tell if it's a dinosaur bone from another rock that if you put it on your tongue it will stick to it. As my teacher said about clay purity - "When in doubt eat it"...if it crunches it has quarts silt in it.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Exactly! :D Don't worry, it was pretty fun doing it :) Ive never used it for this before. But the guys who use it on a regular basis, often have fun with it..

Montreal being the team, defo had an impact. And people of lesser spacial intelligence might not have the capacity to look at it from a different perspective than that of a skewed camera angle that is obviously going to make for a wrong assesment due to optical illusions.

But allot of people in NA, still want these hits, they like the blood and gore.. Sadly..

About optical illusion and why sometimes the eye cannot be trusted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
If all the world had brains like me it would be a Don Quixote society, where everyone would live on intellectual clouds dressed over a base diet of dinosaur bones. :sarcasm:

NB: You can tell if it's a dinosaur bone from another rock that if you put it on your tongue it will stick to it. As my teacher said about clay purity - "When in doubt eat it"...if it crunches it has quarts silt in it.

Not too shabby man! Not too shabby :D

If all the world had brains like me, we would be putting allot more effort into spave exploration, colonization and development of clean energi and also allot more effort into the anti-matter research.

heck we'd all live like this:

starbase.jpg

Spacedock 3 baby!

Ahh see, you don't even have to be in the field to give me real life insight :D Ill remember that next time I stumble across something I think is a dino bone :D Haha happened to me several times in Africa.. HAHAHA.

About optical illusion and why sometimes the eye cannot be trusted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

That video was AWESOME! :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not too shabby man! Not too shabby :D

If all the world had brains like me, we would be putting allot more effort into space exploration, colonization and development of clean energi and also allot more effort into the anti-matter research.

Well zero-G hockey would probably be quite something :laugh:
Though be careful shaking hands with our anti-matter counterpart!

So we would probably already be on to colonize Europa and Titan if all were like you. These moons are geological active and might contain (proto-) life of some sort (amino-acids).
For space exploration you would need water for fuel - so the basis for outer space exploration has to be somewhere with water access - and they have it.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well zero-G hockey would probably be quite something :laugh:
Though be careful shaking hands with our anti-matter counterpart!

So we would probably already be on to colonize Europa and Titan if all were like you. These moons are geological active and might contain (proto-) life of some sort (amino-acids).
For space exploration you would need water for fuel - so the basis for outer space exploration has to be somewhere with water access - and they have it.

Well for one, for me to ever play with anti-matter, we should have mastered it! It's scary (anti)"stuff".

Haha most defo! And probably even onto Proxima :D Im really into extrasolar explorative ideas! Well, it's what we work with aswell to achieve in my lab:)

People don't know how close the scientific world is to cracking this my friend. Water is easily gathered in space, so no problem!

But we have some departments that are heavily invested in faster than light travel. Or at least getting us to the perimiter of light speed with nuclear fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad