Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I watched the St .Louis game, and even the announcers Kept talking about Gibson! Not one word on Andersen...

I wonder how many records he have to break before they recognize him for what he does. I read one on the main board about that Freddie havent done anything remarkable as a 21 year old like Gibson. I had to shake my head in disbelief about the ignorance.....(he broke almost every record Lundquist had made in Frölunda a few years before him as a 20 year old).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I wonder how many records he have to break before they recognize him for what he does. I read one on the main board about that Freddie havent done anything remarkable as a 21 year old like Gibson. I had to shake my head in disbelief about the ignorance.....(he broke almost every record Lundquist had made in Frölunda a few years before him as a 20 year old).

As ive said from the beginning Freddie will always be in the shadow of Gibson.
Gibson is American for one...

All the Freddie threads on HF have turned into Gibson threads... It's hard not to dislike Gibson, since the hype, JUSTIFIED or not is clearly going overboard.

Freddie has done more than Gibson at the same age if you ask me.. WJC is a very different affair since Gibson had a very good team infront of him, and JR is VERY different to the real deal.

Freddie was a very young goalie on the Danish Sr. team with a, at times crappy team infront of him, and he anchored a Frölunda team that wasnt looking it's best.

He singlehandidly made a weak Norfolk team reach the PO's.
I don't get why they are having a hard time giving credit where credit is due, but I am not going to post anything other than here, since one would probably get attacked by a wealth of Gibson hype riders.

And then he had a few games in the NHL were he didn't really impress me all that much. At this point I think it's fair to call it hype.

It seems no matter how well Andersen plays, they will all still ask why Gibson is not playing - Even some of Anaheims own supporters seem out of reach when it comes to Gibson/Andersen...

Im not saying Andersen is the better goalie or ever will be, Gibson might well turn into an elite netminder, but as of now, Andersen deserves the hype, NOT Gibson.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Man, I'm getting sick and tired of reading posts from people who thinks Gibson should still be ahead of Freddie. I mean, it seems that if Freddie had 30 shutouts this year it still wouldnt be enough for the Gibson hype bandwagon to stop promoting him as an undisputed world best talent ever......

How did you read what I said as "pro gibson"?

Or were you referring to something else?

As ive said from the beginning Freddie will always be in the shadow of Gibson.
Gibson is American for one...

All the Freddie threads on HF have turned into Gibson threads... It's hard not to dislike Gibson, since the hype, JUSTIFIED or not is clearly going overboard.

Freddie has done more than Gibson at the same age if you ask me.. WJC is a very different affair since Gibson had a very good team infront of him, and JR is VERY different to the real deal.

Freddie was a very young goalie on the Danish Sr. team with a, at times crappy team infront of him, and he anchored a Frölunda team that wasnt looking it's best.

He singlehandidly made a weak Norfolk team reach the PO's.
I don't get why they are having a hard time giving credit where credit is due, but I am not going to post anything other than here, since one would probably get attacked by a wealth of Gibson hype riders.

And then he had a few games in the NHL were he didn't really impress me all that much. At this point I think it's fair to call it hype.

It seems no matter how well Andersen plays, they will all still ask why Gibson is not playing - Even some of Anaheims own supporters seem out of reach when it comes to Gibson/Andersen...

Im not saying Andersen is the better goalie or ever will be, Gibson might well turn into an elite netminder, but as of now, Andersen deserves the hype, NOT Gibson.

Andersen is the better goalie at the moment...that is pretty clear.

Very much agreed...Never understood how Gibson was praised for his record with his national side when Andersen has played so much, so early for our senior team. Will never forget the 4-1 against Finland in 2010. I think we had 19 shots or something and finland had tons and tons but they just couldn't get past him more than once. He was gibsons age back then.And while we had good offence in that tournament, we didn't have a good defense.

The gibson hype is more with the media than with the fans I think...at least more with the media than the fans. I feel that the ducks fans very much like Freddy and there was certaintly just as many if not more who wanted him to start the season....but thats just my impression, so i might be wrong.

I watched the ducks feed and they always seem quite impressed with andersen and always seem to mention how he always forces forwards to shoot from awkward angles...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
How did you read what I said as "pro gibson"?

Or were you referring to something else?

I wasnt referring to you :)

It was in the thread on the main board about Freddies first shutout that have turned into a "hail mighty Gibson" thread.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I wasnt referring to you :)

It was in the thread on the main board about Freddies first shutout that have turned into a "hail mighty Gibson" thread.

Ah, I understand. I loved the comment from the guy who said he knew of gibson but not andersen because he watched the playoffs....Despite Andersen playing more in the playoffs.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jannik Hansen got his fist goal of the season (though it was uncertain for some time whether it would be waived off).
Frans Nielsen had another assist on the PP. So far 0G 4A.
No poins for Bødker and Eller.

Montreal only Danish team that won...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Jannik Hansen got his fist goal of the season (though it was uncertain for some time whether it would be waived off).
Frans Nielsen had another assist on the PP. So far 0G 4A.
No poins for Bødker and Eller.

Montreal only Danish team that won...

Looks like Nielsen is back to his old role which I still think is a shame.
Eller seems to be the ultimate confidence player. He has all the skills but doesn't live up to his potential.
Pretty sure Bødker will light up again.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Andersen for Vezina! Another good game by him!

Looks like Nielsen is back to his old role which I still think is a shame.
Eller seems to be the ultimate confidence player. He has all the skills but doesn't live up to his potential.
Pretty sure Bødker will light up again.

Yeah. Letting Nielsen play 3rd duties is a big waste, even though he is a perfect 3rd line center due to his defensive work. But we clearly saw last season, that he can be 2nd line center aswell...hell, he even got voted MVP by the Islanders fans.

Eller was not in the summer camp, so I suspect that this was due to his slow start. He first few games were not very good, look very clueless and did the usual "take the puck into the zone and behind the goal and back to defenseman or lose it", but last few games this is clicking plus he is insane on Faceoffs (56%). There could have been a few goals for his line already and things would not look so bad on the stats-sheet.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Andersen for Vezina! Another good game by him!

Yeah. Letting Nielsen play 3rd duties is a big waste, even though he is a perfect 3rd line center due to his defensive work. But we clearly saw last season, that he can be 2nd line center aswell...hell, he even got voted MVP by the Islanders fans.

Eller was not in the summer camp, so I suspect that this was due to his slow start. He first few games were not very good, look very clueless and did the usual "take the puck into the zone and behind the goal and back to defenseman or lose it", but last few games this is clicking plus he is insane on Faceoffs (56%). There could have been a few goals for his line already and things would not look so bad on the stats-sheet.

Andersen is really on a roll now :handclap: 23 saves out of 24 shots.

I agree with your opinion of wasting Nielsen as 3C. With Grabovski injured he should return to 2C.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The Islanders 3rd line is really just another 2nd... partly because both the 2nd and 3rd can play in any role and partly because Capuano is awful at matching lines. No matter where he plays, he's quietly been one of the Islanders most important players the past few years. He seems to love playing that checking line center role as well.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
I agree with your opinion of wasting Nielsen as 3C. With Grabovski injured he should return to 2C.
Against Boston he started as 2C (with Bailey and Kulemin), and they were doing well until Bailey left with a hand injury and all the lines got shuffled.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Frans just netted a hat trick, all three goals were pretty big for the Islanders. He should be one of the NHL's 3 stars of the night.

Damn! Nice one! Said he was wasted on the 3rd line. Great for nielsen.....All goals in the 3rd period. 7-5....

Lars Eller also scored

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Congratulations Frans - time was on his side with that last empty netter.
First two goals were really great.

This new line of Nielsen, Grabovski and Kulyomin seems to work really great.

Also good to see Eller finally get it into the net!

No points for Bødker last night, but Arizona finally won after a losing streak.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
This was Nielsen before the game last night, ALL CLASS!

10435636_714148112004880_8015647980436299543_n.jpg

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
This was Nielsen before the game last night, ALL CLASS!

10435636_714148112004880_8015647980436299543_n.jpg

Nielsen I could see pursue a career in Management or Training after he is done playing the game... Pure class act this guy, and a leader by example in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad