Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Actually you're right. Flyers have been extremely quick in cutting people so he's not in the first round of cuts like I thought at first

Don't be so surprised:naughty:

How long will he be in the flyers organisation? Could this not be his last?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Jets beat the Senators 3-1 at home. Ehlers with 1 goal on three shots, 1+, 1 takeaway. Played 14:52 minutes. Looked good generally. Will be interested if this will be his last game. Jets HC has said that this would be the last game where many of the prospects got their chance, so unless they plan to give him a few games in the start of the season, he could be back at Halifax pretty soon....And they need him. They only have five points out of six games so far

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jets beat the Senators 3-1 at home. Ehlers with 1 goal on three shots, 1+, 1 takeaway. Played 14:52 minutes. Looked good generally. Will be interested if this will be his last game. Jets HC has said that this would be the last game where many of the prospects got their chance, so unless they plan to give him a few games in the start of the season, he could be back at Halifax pretty soon....And they need him. They only have five points out of six games so far

Good for his confidence to get a goal, though it was an easy open net.
Interesting to see if he gets some matches in NHL or they send him down after this game to Halifax.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Peter Regin on waivers. That's to bad.

@admire... The amount of things I don't know never seize to surprise me ;)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Peter Regin on waivers. That's to bad.

@admire... The amount of things I don't know never seize to surprise me ;)

I doubt if anyone picks him up (though he is quite cheap, so who knows), so it looks like AHL for him until he can be called up if injuries demands it.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So Gibson gets the start tonight, even though Andersen Has been clearly better in Pre season. I know Gibson is from the Pitt, but still. As ive Said all along, Gibson Will get pushed along no matter how many mistakes he Makes. Andersen Will have to be more than stellar to tAke the #1 spot.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
He might be starting but it seems Gibson and Freddy's made some sort of 50/50-agreement...

EDIT: Nooooo. We'll just let young Gibson hang out there while the Penguins scores six(!!!) times.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He looked horrible Gibson

Boedker on the other hand looked very good. To bad they Got hammered by the peg.

Eller has looked out of sync.

And Hansen has been Playing 4th Line minutes.

Not the best start to the year for the Danes.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
He looked horrible Gibson

Boedker on the other hand looked very good. To bad they Got hammered by the peg.

Eller has looked out of sync.

And Hansen has been Playing 4th Line minutes.

Not the best start to the year for the Danes.

Except Bødkers goal there haven't been a lot to cheer about, thats for certain.
Then again last year was really was an amazing start for the Danish players with Eller and Nielsen producing a lot.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Except Bødkers goal there haven't been a lot to cheer about, thats for certain.
Then again last year was really was an amazing start for the Danish players with Eller and Nielsen producing a lot.

Let's hope Nielsen Can keep it up on the 3rd Line:)

To be fair, Eller has been injured and once again has found new line mates.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Gonna be a slow season for Nielsen if this continues. Have not seen him get so little TOI since he Was a rookie.

Ehlers back in the Q, no points for him.

Gonna be a looong year...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Gonna be a slow season for Nielsen if this continues. Have not seen him get so little TOI since he Was a rookie.

Ehlers back in the Q, no points for him.

Gonna be a looong year...

Yeah - maybe you can blame global warming :laugh:
It seems the Danes have overall been line delegated, so scoring this year very much hangs on Mikkel Bødker.
Hope Frederik Andersen can take advantage of Gibson's less than stellar start to be 1st goalie for Anaheim.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Yeah - maybe you can blame global warming :laugh:
It seems the Danes have overall been line delegated, so scoring this year very much hangs on Mikkel Bødker.
Hope Frederik Andersen can take advantage of Gibson's less than stellar start to be 1st goalie for Anaheim.

Well it's possible that Isles will move Nielsen. They have great deal of young forwards and Nielsen have decent contract and value after career year.

Gibson have mediahype and fan bandwagon behind him so Andersen must be significantly better than him to earn #1 spot. At least Boedker is now #1 wing to Coyotes so I expect him to score 25-30 goals.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well it's possible that Isles will move Nielsen. They have great deal of young forwards and Nielsen have decent contract and value after career year.

Gibson have mediahype and fan bandwagon behind him so Andersen must be significantly better than him to earn #1 spot. At least Boedker is now #1 wing to Coyotes so I expect him to score 25-30 goals.

I actually don't think NYI will move Frans Nielsen unless they get an offer they can't refuse, while he is on a such cheap contract. Furthermore he is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL that can play both 2C and 3C and will bring a veteran quality to the many young forwards on the Islanders. He can be used on PP on PK and is one of the best in shootout.
They probably also know he wants to stay playing for Islanders so he will be easy and probably cheap to get a contract extension with. I think he will stay 3C for many years to come barring any serious injury.

I totally agree on the Gibson hype means that Andersen needs to be rock solid to get 50% of the games this year. At least a fairly good start with a win and 27 out of 29 shots saved (93,1%).

Bødker have a great start and got another goal tonight. I think 25-30 is a very high expectation for a player in Arizona. I would be happy with 20-25 - but he really needs to get min 20 goals to stay 1st line. Only Shane Doan in 2008-09 and Radim Vrbata in 2011-12 has scored 25 goals or more for Arizona in the last 5 years.

Jannik Hansen is down to playing less than 10 minutes on the 4'th line, so it looks bleak for his future in Vancouver right now.

Lars Eller is still so uneven that it can go up and down with both his line shuffling and his production. But he hasn't scored a single point yet, but still got 17 min playing time last night.

The new player Carcillo, that send Regin down to AHL actually scored for Chicago. So Regin will probably only be called up now with a streak of injuries. Anyways playing 4C is really not his game anyways.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Sorry Justinov but a lot in your post seems to contradict my observations so far so here we go...

I actually don't think NYI will move Frans Nielsen unless they get an offer they can't refuse, while he is on a such cheap contract. Furthermore he is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL that can play both 2C and 3C and will bring a veteran quality to the many young forwards on the Islanders. He can be used on PP on PK and is one of the best in shootout.
They probably also know he wants to stay playing for Islanders so he will be easy and probably cheap to get a contract extension with. I think he will stay 3C for many years to come barring any serious injury.

Actually all the reasons above could be used to argue for a move. He's been more valuable to the Islanders than to any other teams in a lot of year due to the many functions he's had. With the new additions(Via FA and youth) he's becoming equally if not more valuable to other teams due to all the things he can. What to bolster your PK, 3rd line and PP? Or get a good two 2C? He has a lot of qualities and contenders are looking for center depth come deadline time. The contract always get used as a argument against trading, but it's just as much and argument for in terms of leverage in a deal. As a Dallas fan I'll point to the Seguin/Eriksson-trade. Before that the argument was that Eriksson would be the last to go due to his cap friendly contract. His cap friend contract was one of the pieces that made the desirable piece available and therefore he was the chip used in the trade. I'm not predicting anything cause things change, but I as of today I can see just as many arguments for him staying as for him going - should the Islanders be sellers or looking for a piece(Upgrade on defense perhaps) come deadline time.

I totally agree on the Gibson hype means that Andersen needs to be rock solid to get 50% of the games this year. At least a fairly good start with a win and 27 out of 29 shots saved (93,1%).]

Oh no not you to Justinov... :( :laugh:

I feel like there's something I'm missing. I get flack for it but I don't think the Gibson-hype is near as much a bubble as the Gibson-hype-hype. Where I'm struggling is these two - in my head - contradicting logics. A) Gibson is a good keeper prospect. He's proven himself at almost every level and is universally seen as one of the best young goalies in the game. Considering the time it takes for keepers to develop he's been impressive. Young goalie have bad games. Hell Andersen have had bad games. They learn and bounce back. That's what young goalies does - and to allow them to develop, that's what you let them do. I don't why is his skills purely hype and why some haven't seen his development - and the ice time required for it - coming? B) Why would Anaheim on purpose ice a poorer goalie when they are in a win-now-mode?

Bødker have a great start and got another goal tonight. I think 25-30 is a very high expectation for a player in Arizona. I would be happy with 20-25 - but he really needs to get min 20 goals to stay 1st line. Only Shane Doan in 2008-09 and Radim Vrbata in 2011-12 has scored 25 goals or more for Arizona in the last 5 years.

Sure 20 goals would be expected from a 1st line winger. But I'm curious to who you see taking his place? Or I'm underrating the likes of David Moss, Lauri Korpikoski and what have you on that IMO depleted Arizona team?

The new player Carcillo, that send Regin down to AHL actually scored for Chicago. So Regin will probably only be called up now with a streak of injuries. Anyways playing 4C is really not his game anyways.

IMO - taking position and style of play in to consideration - I don't the biggest factor in how Regin's year goes will be Carcillo. Sure he takes up a spot, but unless the coach changes his minds and decides he needs less of what Carcillo brings and more of what Regin brings I don't think those two will be in the same decision. In my analysis Regin's fate was sealed with the arrival of Brad Richards.

On Eller and Hansen I completely agree with you. Eller need consistency(If not that at least a period like his season opening last year some time this year to). Hansen doesn't seem to be in Willie D's plans. To bad. Thought they mix well. Here's to a season that unlike last season starts slow and ends in fireworks(Aka the cup goes to Denmark next summer:handclap::yo:)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Sorry Justinov but a lot in your post seems to contradict my observations so far so here we go...

Actually all the reasons above could be used to argue for a move. He's been more valuable to the Islanders than to any other teams in a lot of year due to the many functions he's had. With the new additions(Via FA and youth) he's becoming equally if not more valuable to other teams due to all the things he can. What to bolster your PK, 3rd line and PP? Or get a good two 2C? He has a lot of qualities and contenders are looking for center depth come deadline time. The contract always get used as a argument against trading, but it's just as much and argument for in terms of leverage in a deal. As a Dallas fan I'll point to the Seguin/Eriksson-trade. Before that the argument was that Eriksson would be the last to go due to his cap friendly contract. His cap friend contract was one of the pieces that made the desirable piece available and therefore he was the chip used in the trade. I'm not predicting anything cause things change, but I as of today I can see just as many arguments for him staying as for him going - should the Islanders be sellers or looking for a piece(Upgrade on defense perhaps) come deadline time.

Oh no not you to Justinov... :( :laugh:

I feel like there's something I'm missing. I get flack for it but I don't think the Gibson-hype is near as much a bubble as the Gibson-hype-hype. Where I'm struggling is these two - in my head - contradicting logics. A) Gibson is a good keeper prospect. He's proven himself at almost every level and is universally seen as one of the best young goalies in the game. Considering the time it takes for keepers to develop he's been impressive. Young goalie have bad games. Hell Andersen have had bad games. They learn and bounce back. That's what young goalies does - and to allow them to develop, that's what you let them do. I don't why is his skills purely hype and why some haven't seen his development - and the ice time required for it - coming? B) Why would Anaheim on purpose ice a poorer goalie when they are in a win-now-mode?

Sure 20 goals would be expected from a 1st line winger. But I'm curious to who you see taking his place? Or I'm underrating the likes of David Moss, Lauri Korpikoski and what have you on that IMO depleted Arizona team?

IMO - taking position and style of play in to consideration - I don't the biggest factor in how Regin's year goes will be Carcillo. Sure he takes up a spot, but unless the coach changes his minds and decides he needs less of what Carcillo brings and more of what Regin brings I don't think those two will be in the same decision. In my analysis Regin's fate was sealed with the arrival of Brad Richards.

On Eller and Hansen I completely agree with you. Eller need consistency(If not that at least a period like his season opening last year some time this year to). Hansen doesn't seem to be in Willie D's plans. To bad. Thought they mix well. Here's to a season that unlike last season starts slow and ends in fireworks(Aka the cup goes to Denmark next summer:handclap::yo:)

:laugh: so how to respond to this. Because you have only good well thought points........
I actually can follow the reasoning about Frans Nielsen the way you put it.
So they would probably keep Frans for the regular season where his shootout is important, but if they go to the playoff you might be right he could be a valuable trading piece for an upgrade.
What Islanders really need is a wing to compliment Tavares and Okposo on the first line, otherwise their team seems quite good with the recent updates (Boychuk, Leddy, Halak).
Would any team sacrifice a top left winger for a 3C center? Probably not on my opinion, but not impossible given Frans Nielsen versatility. But compared to last seasons production it seems that Frans will produce much less this season and might lose some value. That could also mean that if they want to trade it's now......[but then Islanders will lose an important veteran piece in their setup, that could seriously backfire].

As for Gibson and Andersen. If they play on an equal level I would see Gibson getting first rank as he clearly is groomed as a longterm goalie. So Andersen has to stay better to get at least 50% in my opinion. But lets see how it plays out this season. In no way do I think Gibson is “overhyped“. It's just his hype (future potential) will likely get him a longer leach than Andersen will get when having bad games. [I used hype in the meaning that everyone talks about him as a franchise goalie, which he off course is not yet, but very likely could end up being]

I didn't mean that Carcillo was taking the place from Regin, but it was his addition that probably moved Regin out of the roster as being 13'th forward to AHL. As you correctly say he had already lost his 3C/4C spot on the team.

As for Bødker in Arizona. If he doesn't get 20 goals this season I think it could be likely that they will try to trade for one next season and move Bødker to second line? But with his potential I think he will make it, but I'm a bit more sceptic that he will get over 25 since so few Arizona players achieve that.

Yeah the 2015 win for Denmark AND Ehlers hits a godlike plateau of skill so he wins singlehandedly the WC-20 for us :sarcasm: ;)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
:laugh: so how to respond to this. Because you have only good well thought points........
I actually can follow the reasoning about Frans Nielsen the way you put it.
So they would probably keep Frans for the regular season where his shootout is important, but if they go to the playoff you might be right he could be a valuable trading piece for an upgrade.
What Islanders really need is a wing to compliment Tavares and Okposo on the first line, otherwise their team seems quite good with the recent updates (Boychuk, Leddy, Halak).
Would any team sacrifice a top left winger for a 3C center? Probably not on my opinion, but not impossible given Frans Nielsen versatility. But compared to last seasons production it seems that Frans will produce much less this season and might lose some value. That could also mean that if they want to trade it's now......[but then Islanders will lose an important veteran piece in their setup, that could seriously backfire].

Good point... Not often taken into consideration. Weird considering how many points that little attribute can contribute with.

As for Gibson and Andersen. If they play on an equal level I would see Gibson getting first rank as he clearly is groomed as a longterm goalie. So Andersen has to stay better to get at least 50% in my opinion. But lets see how it plays out this season. In no way do I think Gibson is “overhyped“. It's just his hype (future potential) will likely get him a longer leach than Andersen will get when having bad games. [I used hype in the meaning that everyone talks about him as a franchise goalie, which he off course is not yet, but very likely could end up being

Well perhaps it's because I don't see development connected to ice time rather than to culture. Of which ice time can be a symptom. Although if we accept the premise that if you give Gibson playing he will naturally develop but Andersen is better now. Wouldn't it contradict the win-now-mode Anaheim seems to be at right now?

Anyhow we can be pleased that Andersen has looked better throughout the preseason and the first games.

As for Bødker in Arizona. If he doesn't get 20 goals this season I think it could be likely that they will try to trade for one next season and move Bødker to second line? But with his potential I think he will make it, but I'm a bit more sceptic that he will get over 25 since so few Arizona players achieve that.

I agree with your numbers. Hadn't considered the trade option. That's actually an exiting idea. Bødker in a deadline trade? :naughty:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Let me just stop all discussion once and for all.

1. Nielsen stays in Islanders. He has just been appointed with an A on his shirt. Why on earth would Islanders trade one of their key assets at this point? And his contract is so starfreaking awesome and there are rumours that Islanders and Nielsen are negotiating an extention.

2. Bødker will be topscorer in Arizona this year. They dont have anything to trade with (except Yandle and Bødker and that would be suicide) and they dont have any money. And rest of the team is in my opinion not on par with Mikkels talent. By the way, Bødker will pass 30 goals this season.

3. Andersen will win the battle for #1 goalie in Ducks. Gibson is not ready yet.

4. The rest of the danes are big questionmarks for me this season. Jensen will most probably get half a season on Nucks, but I could see Hansen getting traded. His time in Vancouver seems to be over. Eller is playing third line and will most likely stay there the rest of the season. Remember that Deschanais will get 200 chances from the coach for each chance Eller gets.

The oracle has spoken....now go watch Anaheim playing an early game against Buffalo. Probably with Gibson in goal, because the Anaheim coach is a jackass.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

1. Nielsen stays in Islanders. He has just been appointed with an A on his shirt. Why on earth would Islanders trade one of their key assets at this point? And his contract is so starfreaking awesome and there are rumours that Islanders and Nielsen are negotiating an extention.

2. Bødker will be topscorer in Arizona this year. They dont have anything to trade with (except Yandle and Bødker and that would be suicide) and they dont have any money. And rest of the team is in my opinion not on par with Mikkels talent. By the way, Bødker will pass 30 goals this season.

3. Andersen will win the battle for #1 goalie in Ducks. Gibson is not ready yet.

4. The rest of the danes are big questionmarks for me this season. Jensen will most probably get half a season on Nucks, but I could see Hansen getting traded. His time in Vancouver seems to be over. Eller is playing third line and will most likely stay there the rest of the season. Remember that Deschanais will get 200 chances from the coach for each chance Eller gets.

The oracle has spoken....now go watch Anaheim playing an early game against Buffalo. Probably with Gibson in goal, because the Anaheim coach is a jackass.

Why stop the discussion......it's fun to debate :D
I agree that it would be totally stupid for Islanders to let go of Nielsen, but stupidity has never held people back before in world history.
You are quite positive with Bødker and Andersen. I hope you are right.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Im am so historically pessimistic, that this post can only make me smile :handclap:

Let's hope. let's hope :yo:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

Well that saved us all some time.... :laugh:

First let me underline, that I'm not expecting Frans Nielsen to be traded. But the A and the good contract doesn't lower his value. Trades with players like Frans Nielsen are not only made based who has the lowest value to the club, but also based on who can get the most attractive pieces back(aka the whole reason for making the trade). It's a two way street, and should Islander be out of it/looking to upgrade elsewhere come trade deadline I don't think it's out the question to trade Frans Nielsen - More so this season than for a long time IMO.

That's not to say he will be traded :)

A Bødker trade would be part of a tanking strategy aimed at McEichel.

Most likely no Dane will be traded IMO - it's just hypothetical chit-chat cause the season is only taking baby steps... C'mon games - show us scenarios! :handclap:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I wonder if Andersen will ever get a shut out in NHL. If he cant hold it tight in games like these against Sabres, it looks to be impossible. Which is kind of weird considering his time in Frølunda (yes I know Frølunda was a team more like Arizona based on defensive skills, but still.)

I was being a bit sarcastic earlier. I am well known for being utterly jinxie at everything I claim

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I wonder if Andersen will ever get a shut out in NHL. If he cant hold it tight in games like these against Sabres, it looks to be impossible. Which is kind of weird considering his time in Frølunda (yes I know Frølunda was a team more like Arizona based on defensive skills, but still.)

I was being a bit sarcastic earlier. I am well known for being utterly jinxie at everything I claim

Did not watch the last period. Was it a weak goal? But yeah 12sog he should be albe to keep out.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Did not watch the last period. Was it a weak goal? But yeah 12sog he should be albe to keep out.

Actually, I'd say having to face 12 shots on goal is many times harder than facing 35. When you go long periods of time without touching the puck, it can put you off your game.

Andersen will get a shutout eventually. He's only played 30 games or so, give him time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad