Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2014-15

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thanks for the video :)
Well maybe I'll have to eat my words thinking definitely that he would get another full year in the QMJHL.
With his performances so far and attitude (he wants the spot on the team badly) 9 games seems more and more likely now....

He wont no matter what, the Q has already started, 2-3 games in. And will be even more when main camp is over.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Mads Eller didn't get an invite for the training camp in Dallas and has returned to Edmonton.

And just prevent Justinov from feeling lonely... I to would put money on Ehlers NOT getting more than 9 games. But nothing's unlikely :)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Mads Eller didn't get an invite for the training camp in Dallas and has returned to Edmonton.

And just prevent Justinov from feeling lonely... I to would put money on Ehlers NOT getting more than 9 games. But nothing's unlikely :)

I still think he will get 9 max. But that would be very impressive. He seemed extremely motivated. He and the goalie comrie basically beat the oilers singlehandedly in the 3rd. it was ofcourse not nhl level but it was basically a all star junior hockey with some AHLers thrown in.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Thanks Bank :laugh:
But it would think it a huge gamble with his talent and possible future for Winnipeg if he receives a concussion or shoulder injury which is a real hazard if you are brought on the ice lightweight and fairly inexperienced.
Off course Ehlers have some experience already playing with men in NLA, but I'll just say will you risk it, when you could weight one more year for some weight gain and really make him shine in QMJHL ?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Thanks Bank :laugh:
But it would think it a huge gamble with his talent and possible future for Winnipeg if he receives a concussion or shoulder injury which is a real hazard if you are brought on the ice lightweight and fairly inexperienced.
Off course Ehlers have some experience already playing with men in NLA, but I'll just say will you risk it, when you could weight one more year for some weight gain and really make him shine in QMJHL ?

I agree completely. The main argument for him to stay in the Q is his development. I think/hope they see that in Winnipeg. I think they do. Could be fun with 9 games though :handclap:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
A) I've seen the new ratings in NHL15 which I thought were quite interesting.

Mikkel Bødker 86
Frans Nielsen 85
Frederik Andersen 85
Lars Eller 84
Jannik Hansen 84
Peter Regin 80
Philip Larsen 79

Nikolaj Ehlers 64(4/5 star potential, low chance of reaching it)
Markus Lauridsen 64

Then I didn't see more than that.

B) Looking at the lines at training camps it looks like there's no surprises. Eller, Frans Nielsen and Jannik Hansen seems to be on third lines.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
A) I've seen the new ratings in NHL15 which I thought were quite interesting.

Mikkel Bødker 86
Frans Nielsen 85
Frederik Andersen 85
Lars Eller 84
Jannik Hansen 84
Peter Regin 80
Philip Larsen 79

Nikolaj Ehlers 64(4/5 star potential, low chance of reaching it)
Markus Lauridsen 64

Then I didn't see more than that.

B) Looking at the lines at training camps it looks like there's no surprises. Eller, Frans Nielsen and Jannik Hansen seems to be on third lines.

I think bødker and nielsen has the biggest chance to claim a 2nd line spot during the season. Nielsen was really good last season and bødker seems on a upward spiral. Eller seems so inconsistent. Have no idea about hansen but maybe new coach will help.
I think regin staying in the nhl was a mistake.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Markus Lauridsen cut already from Colorado. Buuuh. But he got good reviews from fans describing him as fast, big and mean. So hoping for a big year from him in the AHL.

Bjorkstrand had a pre-season game on the fourth line. Can't find anything notable other than 7 hits. Meh.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Markus Lauridsen cut already from Colorado. Buuuh. But he got good reviews from fans describing him as fast, big and mean. So hoping for a big year from him in the AHL.

Bjorkstrand had a pre-season game on the fourth line. Can't find anything notable other than 7 hits. Meh.

But at least we can have 2* mean Lauridsens in the AHL. :laugh:

Mads Eller is also back for Edmonton Oil Kings, so no luck in the prospect camps for him either.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
A lot of the teams with danish players will play preseason games tonight including Winnipeg, Anaheim, Vancouver, Montreal and Chicago. I'll be watching the jets, and it seems like he will get quite a bit of ice time in this game...Will probably play with Perreault and Thorburn according to winnipeg fans and media.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
A lot of the teams with danish players will play preseason games tonight including Winnipeg, Anaheim, Vancouver, Montreal and Chicago. I'll be watching the jets, and it seems like he will get quite a bit of ice time in this game...Will probably play with Perreault and Thorburn according to winnipeg fans and media.

Free stream ?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
No probs mate. Just be careful that you won't end up being seduced to another Canadian team. ImGoingJets just doesn't have the same ring to it;-)

I just cheer for the teams with danes. Much easier:p

:laugh: Never!

My dad tried coaxing me into the horrible World of Leafdom!

I like the Jets and Their fanbase, so they Will prolly become a second team for me:)
Don't get me wrong all teams With danes on are of some interst, but only my Nucks have my heart :)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
:laugh: Never!

My dad tried coaxing me into the horrible World of Leafdom!

I like the Jets and Their fanbase, so they Will prolly become a second team for me:)
Don't get me wrong all teams With danes on are of some interst, but only my Nucks have my heart :)

;-) Thats how it should be. Ewww Leafs!

Must be funny with some in-family rivalry(And taunting I suspect?)
Reminds me of a video I saw a while back. I listen to a Mooseheads podcast(Im basically stalking ehlers at this point) from time to time and one of the hosts has a video on youtube where he is basically pissing his pants out of fear of the leafs picking Ehlers(Wife is leafs fan, he loves the habs) and then he ends of screaming out of joy when it doesn't happen.

I've never really had an NHL team, so I usually end up watching a bunch of games from some of the teams with danish NHLs..But did get some lukewarm feelings for anaheim last year. Watched a lot of their matches.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Winnipeg beat the wild 2-1. Ehlers looked like he still needed to pick up the system. Started decently in the first, but seemed to have a little trouble sometimes finding his spot...was bullied by Coyle and drew a penalty. He did everything right there, and attempted to stand up for himself but he did seem a little off afterwards and looked tired at times...
Had a few good checks, and a good hit
1 hit, 1 shot blocked, 2 giveaways, 16:13 minutes of ice time, 3:22 PP- No shots.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
;-) Thats how it should be. Ewww Leafs!

Must be funny with some in-family rivalry(And taunting I suspect?)
Reminds me of a video I saw a while back. I listen to a Mooseheads podcast(Im basically stalking ehlers at this point) from time to time and one of the hosts has a video on youtube where he is basically pissing his pants out of fear of the leafs picking Ehlers(Wife is leafs fan, he loves the habs) and then he ends of screaming out of joy when it doesn't happen.

I've never really had an NHL team, so I usually end up watching a bunch of games from some of the teams with danish NHLs..But did get some lukewarm feelings for anaheim last year. Watched a lot of their matches.

It's fun, but can get heated :laugh: my older Brother Was born in Toronto, so he also supports the leafs! My lil sister on the other hand rocks the Nucks With me:)

We also have a younger brother who does not like hockey:amazed: sort off the family Black sheep :sarcasm:

This Makes for some interesting discussions, my mother just chuckles :)

My older brothers son, my nephew is a Hab. So we have quite the infights! :laugh:

My Fiance loves hockey, even before meeting me, and is a-ok With me dressing our future Child in blue, green and White :) just too piss off my dad and brother even more :)

Though, knowing Them, they Will prolly show up to the baby shower With leafs gear, oh Well more fuel for the fireplace! :D

On another note:

Eller is Day to Day With a lover Body injury.

And looks like Ehlers really does need another year of jr:)

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It's fun, but can get heated :laugh: my older Brother Was born in Toronto, so he also supports the leafs! My lil sister on the other hand rocks the Nucks With me:)

We also have a younger brother who does not like hockey:amazed: sort off the family Black sheep :sarcasm:

This Makes for some interesting discussions, my mother just chuckles :)

My older brothers son, my nephew is a Hab. So we have quite the infights! :laugh:

My Fiance loves hockey, even before meeting me, and is a-ok With me dressing our future Child in blue, green and White :) just too piss off my dad and brother even more :)

Though, knowing Them, they Will prolly show up to the baby shower With leafs gear, oh Well more fuel for the fireplace! :D

On another note:

Eller is Day to Day With a lover Body injury.

And looks like Ehlers really does need another year of jr:)

Sounds like great fun. Its almost like your familys way of the natural rebellion against your parents consists of is picking an different hockey team:D

You, your sister and your nephew:P

but its probably a very healthy thing. Rather fight about hockey than more serious things.

The main reason for having kids is to have them realize the athletic potential you never did yourself and to dress them up in your favourite sports team!:D:D:D
Thats always been my principal.

But I think your right. Ehlers isn't ready yet. Its ofcourse just one game even if he ends up scoring some points in the rest of preseason, i think its clear that he needs to be bigger or he will be bullied around too much. But thats the only thing. He did a little too much in the 2nd and 3rd but im confident that he will figure that out without a problem. a little more size and a year more of expirience in juniors and he is ready. I don't think the AHL will see him at all next year, just straight in. I don't see him getting 9 games if any at all since the jets have some pretty promising young guys fighting for the same spot on the 3rd line that he is..A guy like Lowry really impressed me, especially in that kind of role. Apparently did very well in the AHL last season.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Oliver Lauridsen waived. Tough start to the Danish off-season

Not exactly that unexpected. Seemed very far down on the flyers list of d-men.

Wonder what will happen now. Maybe get a roster spot in the AHL if he doesn't get picked up somewhere. He is clearly far more suited to small ice so i doubt he will come back to europe. ...

Ehlers will be playing his third preseason game saturday, and will be on the line with Ladd and Little, who both are usually 2nd liners on the jets normally, so they want to see him with better linemates this time. Will be an interesting watch after playing mostly with other young guys in the first two games. Going to be the 1st line for that game as far as I can tell. Kane isn't playing.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Havnet watched alot of the other teams. But Jannik scored a pp goal yesterday in the 3-0 win over calgary. He has looked meh before that.

Jensen has had 2 goals so farand has also looked meh.

How have the other Danes fared?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Havnet watched alot of the other teams. But Jannik scored a pp goal yesterday in the 3-0 win over calgary. He has looked meh before that.

Jensen has had 2 goals so farand has also looked meh.

How have the other Danes fared?

regin had an assist

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
My reaction to ehlers play tonight: :amazed:

Was completely sure he wouldn't make the season opening but he was ALL over the place...especially in the third.

damn this kid is going to be so good. He might at least stick around for a few games and then be send back. But seeing him with Ladd and Little was a pleasure.

He still isn't completely ready for the NHL, I think.....He limped back to the bench after a few sutter hits but gave straight back out again. I can never get tired watching this kid play.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Not exactly that unexpected. Seemed very far down on the flyers list of d-men.

Wonder what will happen now. Maybe get a roster spot in the AHL if he doesn't get picked up somewhere. He is clearly far more suited to small ice so i doubt he will come back to europe. ...

Actually you're right. Flyers have been extremely quick in cutting people so he's not in the first round of cuts like I thought at first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad