Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Also hope Bødker gets it going. He still have trouble scoring like last season in NHL.
Hansen got injured at a point where his production wasn't that impressive, so really bad luck that he just seem to find his old game and then is out.
Regin seem to be OK as a 3'rd line center defensively, but he will have to produce more to keep Strome away from the line up. Tavares-Nielsen-Strome-Cizikas will be the line up at some point - latest next year - and likely earlier, unless Regin really begins to show some more.
Maybe Regin could work as a wing to keep him in the roster instead of Bouchard?

Even if Strome moves to the wing there's still Brock Nelson and perhaps even Sundstrom and Anders Lee at some point. Think he's just going to have to hold on as long as he can and hope for A) That things play out his way B) He earns another NHL contract somewhere.

Phoenix seems to have Ribeiro put in well. He's on quite a point streak(Forgot how many games... 6 or 7 I think). Unfortunately not with Boedker in the line-ups I've seen. Actually the Phoenix GDT has him on with Vermette and Bissonette for the Kings game. Ouch :laugh:

EDIT: Skating with Ribeiro again today. David Moss last man on that line.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm afraid my source can not be made public at this time... :sarcasm:

Sorry don't remember where I saw it(properly on twitter somewhere) and was on the phone so it became quite short :)

From what I've gathered it's a 1-way deal both year(Kicking in next year). That's quite the signal that Hiller will either be dealt at deadline or let go next summer. Very pleasant news! The reason it's not a clear cut decision is that Andersen by my counts still is waiver exempt for another 3 years or 59 games. Something like that. Until either happens he can still be put in the AHL without any risk of losing him.

Saw this on the Ducks board and I agree very much!

The contracts are structured like a roadmap, Hiller/Fasth to Fasth/Andersen to Andersen/Gibson.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Sorry don't remember where I saw it(properly on twitter somewhere) and was on the phone so it became quite short :)

From what I've gathered it's a 1-way deal both year(Kicking in next year). That's quite the signal that Hiller will either be dealt at deadline or let go next summer. Very pleasant news!

Yup, a 1way 1m 13/14 - 1.3m 14/15 im guessing.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

From what I've gathered it's a 1-way deal both year(Kicking in next year). That's quite the signal that Hiller will either be dealt at deadline or let go next summer. Very pleasant news! The reason it's not a clear cut decision is that Andersen by my counts still is waiver exempt for another 3 years or 59 games. Something like that. Until either happens he can still be put in the AHL without any risk of losing him.

Saw this on the Ducks board and I agree very much!

Always great with some insider information :sarcasm:
Yeah it certainly looks like they want to keep Andersen as a backup goalie and either trade Hiller or Fasth now, or let Hiller go when UFA next season.
See if any teams is interesting in getting Hiller now (with Fasth injured he is not that interesting currently for teams).
But finally looks like a break for him.

PS: Amazingly good guess VikingNuck on his contract amount! Another insider perhaps....makes me feel like an outsider :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Haha no crazy inside info here :D I knew it was 2.3m so the guess was a calculated one:laugh:

Btw, Andersen is starting for the Ducks against the Sens, he has 4svs on 4s so far :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Looks like Larsen got himself 3A's last night from ..... RW :laugh:

Omark - Lander - Larsen
Nesbitt - Broda - Miller
Fyten - Stretch - Ford
Kessy - Ewanyk - Lizon

Davidson - Fedun
Marincin - Klefbom
Musil - Hunt

Bachman

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Super Danish day in the NHL:

Islanders won 4-3 over Pittsburgh, and Frans Nielsen was 1'st star with 1G 2A.
Regin was without points.

Anaheim won 2-1 over Ottawa with Frederik Andersen in the net from start. Great job from him. In two matches he has faced 51 shots, with only 1 going in!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Super Danish day in the NHL:

Islanders won 4-3 over Pittsburgh, and Frans Nielsen was 1'st star with 1G 2A.
Regin was without points.

Anaheim won 2-1 over Ottawa with Frederik Andersen in the net from start. Great job from him. In two matches he has faced 51 shots, with only 1 going in!

I watched both games in tandem, and Andersen had quite a few good saves to keep the Ducks in the game. The sens were pushing for an equaliser in the 3rd :)

Really cool to see a Danish G in NHL :) Best of luck to Andersen.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Looks like Larsen got himself 3A's last night from ..... RW :laugh:

Omark - Lander - Larsen
Nesbitt - Broda - Miller
Fyten - Stretch - Ford
Kessy - Ewanyk - Lizon

Davidson - Fedun
Marincin - Klefbom
Musil - Hunt

Bachman

Really surprising. So they want to see how he does as a forward and he plays first line with two Swedes - Linus Omark the puck-wizard and Anton Lander the 2-way prospect and really apparently keeping up.
Oklahoma City Barons won 5-4 and besides Philip Larsen's three assists Linus Omark scored 4 goals! :amazed:

How many players have had NHL careers playing both as D-man and later as forward (or vice versa?). Philip Larsen could be really special if he makes that transition!

Link to that game:
http://theahl.com/omark-scores-four-in-barons-win-p188096

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Really surprising. So they want to see how he does as a forward and he plays first line with two Swedes - Linus Omark the puck-wizard and Anton Lander the 2-way prospect and really apparently keeping up.
Oklahoma City Barons won 5-4 and besides Philip Larsen's three assists Linus Omark scored 4 goals! :amazed:

How many players have had NHL careers playing both as D-man and later as forward (or vice versa?). Philip Larsen could be really special if he makes that transition!

Link to that game:
http://theahl.com/omark-scores-four-in-barons-win-p188096

It really is crazy... :laugh:

Also, didn't we suggest that Philip would be a good O player on these boards in the past? Would be hella fun if we did.. I just remember someone mentioning he should be an O player :)

Have no idea on the D turning O in NHL though, would be interesting to fing out :D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It really is crazy... :laugh:

Also, didn't we suggest that Philip would be a good O player on these boards in the past? Would be hella fun if we did.. I just remember someone mentioning he should be an O player :)

Have no idea on the D turning O in NHL though, would be interesting to fing out :D
Im not here as much as you guys but I think I remember a talk like that during the world championships.......He was so outstanding at this years tournament and we lamented the focus on size in the nhl....Seemed like such a waste. Could be pretty awesome if this little plan could work. Was it against switzerland he had that amazing drive from deep within our zone and flew pasts opponents and ended it with a magical assist?....That looked like a world class forward

So insanely hyped for Andersen....Very cool character and he apparently didn't expect to come in in his first game so probably the best way to start your career...Go in when you don't expect it, you don't get time to be extremely nervous and then you got it out of the way. Really nice to see Anaheim give him an entire game so soon...
Almost 2 games is of course nothing, but with the contract news on top of that....Wow....hard not to get excited about his future.
Its not like he is going to unseat Hiller or anything....

Only a little worried about Gibson in the long run.. Very hyped, very talented, had a good camp apparently, and he's American....
But im getting way ahead of myself here.
I think anaheim is making the playoffs so if everything goes well for Andersen, there will be no WC.

Here is the youtube hl of Phillip Larsens 3A game.:yo::yo:
http://youtu.be/2ZNoXecQpd0

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Brent Burns come into the NHL as a forward, then turned D, and he's now back at forward. And he's been quite successful at it as well. But he's more the exception than the rule.

Nielsen had a SH goal last night, assisted by Regin. Looked like quite a nice shot too from the backhand.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Last night Frans scored on a SH breakaway off a pass from Regin.
First ever danish NHL goal with danish assist?

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Last night Frans scored on a SH breakaway off a pass from Regin.
First ever danish NHL goal with danish assist?

I would think so. AFAIK, the only other Danes who have played on the same team were Jannik Hansen and Nicklas Jensen. And Jensen has 0 points in his 2 career NHL games to this point...

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Im not here as much as you guys but I think I remember a talk like that during the world championships.......He was so outstanding at this years tournament and we lamented the focus on size in the nhl....Seemed like such a waste. Could be pretty awesome if this little plan could work. Was it against switzerland he had that amazing drive from deep within our zone and flew pasts opponents and ended it with a magical assist?....That looked like a world class forward

I think you might be right :) I seem to remember a bit of that convo now that you mention it :)

And I also remember that game :handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Im not here as much as you guys but I think I remember a talk like that during the world championships.......He was so outstanding at this years tournament and we lamented the focus on size in the nhl....Seemed like such a waste. Could be pretty awesome if this little plan could work. Was it against switzerland he had that amazing drive from deep within our zone and flew pasts opponents and ended it with a magical assist?....That looked like a world class forward.

So insanely hyped for Andersen....Very cool character and he apparently didn't expect to come in in his first game so probably the best way to start your career...Go in when you don't expect it, you don't get time to be extremely nervous and then you got it out of the way. Really nice to see Anaheim give him an entire game so soon...
Almost 2 games is of course nothing, but with the contract news on top of that....Wow....hard not to get excited about his future.
Its not like he is going to unseat Hiller or anything....

Only a little worried about Gibson in the long run.. Very hyped, very talented, had a good camp apparently, and he's American....
But im getting way ahead of myself here.
I think anaheim is making the playoffs so if everything goes well for Andersen, there will be no WC.

Here is the youtube hl of Phillip Larsens 3A game.:yo::yo:
http://youtu.be/2ZNoXecQpd0

I agree that Philip Larsen has great offensive skills as a d-man and have especially showed it on big ice in both WC and Lukko, where his skating makes him able to find room. Defensively he also do way better on big ice than small ice. His drives forward reminds a bit of the times I saw Sandis Ozolins playing for Latvia at the WC.

So I guess he has a choice now -> be an offensive defender in Europe or re-saddle as a forward!

I'm also extremely hyped about Frederik Andersen. I though he made a career devastating move when he opted out of Carolina (and then Ward has injuries and no real backup) and he ends in Anaheim with Hiller, Fasth and Gibson.
What he has shown so far is his usual cool - can this guy even be nervous? Hopefully he can continue to impress and be a backup keeper maybe even when Fasth comes back.
Will also be very interesting if Anaheim let's Hiller go or not, because then he is a certain backup, since Gibson first will be brought up in 1-2 years.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Brent Burns come into the NHL as a forward, then turned D, and he's now back at forward. And he's been quite successful at it as well. But he's more the exception than the rule.

Wow that really exceptional - he had even been in an NHL all-star game in 2010-11 (as forward I reckon).
Impressed that you knew about that :yo:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I agree that Philip Larsen has great offensive skills as a d-man and have especially showed it on big ice in both WC and Lukko, where his skating makes him able to find room. Defensively he also do way better on big ice than small ice. His drives forward reminds a bit of the times I saw Sandis Ozolins playing for Latvia at the WC.

So I guess he has a choice now -> be an offensive defender in Europe or re-saddle as a forward!

I'm also extremely hyped about Frederik Andersen. I though he made a career devastating move when he opted out of Carolina (and then Ward has injuries and no real backup) and he ends in Anaheim with Hiller, Fasth and Gibson.
What he has shown so far is his usual cool - can this guy even be nervous? Hopefully he can continue to impress and be a backup keeper maybe even when Fasth comes back.
Will also be very interesting if Anaheim let's Hiller go or not, because then he is a certain backup, since Gibson first will be brought up in 1-2 years.

Just watching the anaheim-ottowa game now...there is a little scum at freddys goal with quite a few players and he just turns his back to them and skates away and let them push eachother around... coolness personified

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
And he does it again....

Just finished watching Anaheim at Columbus and Frederik Andersen started again and played the entire game.

Ducks won 4-3 in a really good game with a lot of pressure. Frederik really stole the victory in the last minutes of the game with Columbus pressing. 18 out of 21, .857...

3 games with the ducks....3 wins!!!!!!!:yo::yo:

Glove Coolness

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Just watching the anaheim-ottowa game now...there is a little scum at freddys goal with quite a few players and he just turns his back to them and skates away and let them push eachother around... coolness personified

Frederik Andersen is so cool it's almost ridiculously funny...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad