Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Goal from Philip Larsen in his first game with the Oklahoma City Barons on a 4-on-4 play. Paired with Brendon Davidsson on the second pairing.

Great that he shows himself so fast after the demotion to AHL - 4-on-4 is also quite suited to his skating ability.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Good evening for the Danish NHL players.

Lars Eller is surely in great form. He had 1G 1A and was +1 and has now 5 points in 2 matches.
Frans Nielsen added one assist and was +0, but missed a penalty shootout again - 6 in a row must be the worst for him all career.
Jannik Hansen got 1G, was +2 and had 6 penalty minutes!
Peter Regin (-1) and Mikkel Bødker (+1) were without points.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Lars Eller is second in point production in NHL.
Ovechkin has 6 points after 3 matches.
Eller has 5 points after 2 matches.
Grabovski has 5 points after 3 matches.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Good evening for the Danish NHL players.

Lars Eller is surely in great form. He had 1G 1A and was +1 and has now 5 points in 2 matches.
Frans Nielsen added one assist and was +0, but missed a penalty shootout again - 6 in a row must be the worst for him all career.
Jannik Hansen got 1G, was +2 and had 6 penalty minutes!
Peter Regin (-1) and Mikkel Bødker (+1) were without points.

His line looked like it got pinned quite a few times. Ouch.

But other than that 2 games in:

Lars Eller: 5(3+2), 50+% on FO, +3,
Frans Nielsen: 2(1+1), 50+% on FO, +2
Jannik Hansen: 1(1+0), 100% shooting%,
Mikkel Boedker and Peter Regin: 0(0+0)

That's pretty good :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
AHL-update:

Larsen was on ice for two goals against(One BP, one EV) and had an assist on the PP. Good thing is he's used on special units. Guess the point on the PP makes it a good day at the office.

Frederik Andersen made 35 saves facing 37 shots in what became a 3-2 win in SO.

Oliver Lauridsen was a +1 in Adirondacks win against Hershey. Little brother Markus Lauridsen played on the third pair for Lake Erie recording 5 shtos(!). For some reason he seems to have started the game on the wing for a shift :laugh: Oh and Lake Erie won.

EDIT: The Oilers called up Philip Larsens d-partner Brendon Davidson in a surprice move. Fedun, Klefblom, Grebskovoksokvoksovkoskvoksyksikskvyksivys, Corey Potter and Philip must be left with a feeling of "what-up?"

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
AHL-update:

Larsen was on ice for two goals against(One BP, one EV) and had an assist on the PP. Good thing is he's used on special units. Guess the point on the PP makes it a good day at the office.

Frederik Andersen made 35 saves facing 37 shots in what became a 3-2 win in SO.

Oliver Lauridsen was a +1 in Adirondacks win against Hershey. Little brother Markus Lauridsen played on the third pair for Lake Erie recording 5 shtos(!). For some reason he seems to have started the game on the wing for a shift :laugh: Oh and Lake Erie won.

EDIT: The Oilers called up Philip Larsens d-partner Brendon Davidson in a surprice move. Fedun, Klefblom, Grebskovoksokvoksovkoskvoksyksikskvyksivys, Corey Potter and Philip must be left with a feeling of "what-up?"

Good start for the AHL guys!
It seems that whatever roster Philip Larsen is on strange things happen :laugh:
The name that eludes you is Denis Grebeshkov; it's not nearly as bad as actor Walther Matthau's (fake) real name: Walter Matuschanskyayasky (in reality it wasn't his name, but he convinced a lot of people that is was :laugh: and he once appeared in a cameo as a drunk under that name - Earthquake 1974).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Good start for the AHL guys!
It seems that whatever roster Philip Larsen is on strange things happen :laugh:
The name that eludes you is Denis Grebeshkov; it's not nearly as bad as actor Walther Matthau's (fake) real name: Walter Matuschanskyayasky (in reality it wasn't his name, but he convinced a lot of people that is was :laugh: and he once appeared in a cameo as a drunk under that name - Earthquake 1974).

Ouch. Yeah Grebeshkov is not that bad I guess. How do you even pronounce the other one?

Big night for the Danes tonight. Islanders had a good game against Phoenix - Regin with a goal and an assist(Important for him to get going. Buying him some faith with the GM and coach), Frans had 3 assists on some really pretty plays and Boedker even had a nice assist. So all but one goal had a Danish fingerprint. On sidenotes their FO% are now both well above 50. Nifty little tangible to have.

Jannik Hansen had a quite night with the Canucks. 3 takeaway and 3 shots but no points recorded.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ma-tu-schan-sky-a-ya-sky.....I guess

EDIT: Slavic names can be tricky, but if hockey ever got to be a Pacific sport we would have to tongue-twist Polynesian names as this Fiji cricket player:
Ilikena Lasarusa Talebulamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau
He shortened it to I.L.Bula.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._L._Bula

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Agree that is was important for Regin to get a good goal, so hopefully he stays on the roster when Clutterbuck comes back.
Nice to see Frans Nielsen with a very good start to the season.

Lars Eller only Dane in action last night. He continued his production with 1G 0A, but Montreal lost 3-2 to Calgary based from what I saw in the highlights quite shaky defending.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Lars Eller only Dane in action last night. He continued his production with 1G 0A, but Montreal lost 3-2 to Calgary based from what I saw in the highlights quite shaky defending.

I watched some of the game and I think they should at least have had one point out of it. They were actually making an effort putting pressure on the Flames while being one guy less on the ice. Now that is pretty impressing imo.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Fairly quiet evening for the Danes.

Mikkel Bødker got his first goal and added an assist and was +3, when Phoenix won 4-2 over Detroit.

Lars Eller played his first match so far without adding any points, when Montreal won 4-1 over Edmonton; but his (now former linemates?) Galchenyuk and Gallagher both got 1G 1A.
Jannik Hansen also was without points, when Vancouver lost 1-4 to San Jose (that has won all it's matches so far).

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Fairly quiet evening for the Danes.

Mikkel Bødker got his first goal and added an assist and was +3, when Phoenix won 4-2 over Detroit.

Lars Eller played his first match so far without adding any points, when Montreal won 4-1 over Edmonton; but his (now former linemates?) Galchenyuk and Gallagher both got 1G 1A.
Jannik Hansen also was without points, when Vancouver lost 1-4 to San Jose (that has won all it's matches so far).

From the highlights it looks like Mikkel Bødker had a pretty good night. His assist is a empty net-situation where he steals the puck from Daniel Alfredsson and beats him by the boards through the neutral and offensive zone before he passes it to a teammate. His goal was a good one to.

Seems like they've juggled the lines in Phoenix. Mike Ribeiro as a center in Tippetts system never was a big success(Goes to show what I know) so he's been moved up to the wing of Hanzal with Vrbata on the other wing. Instead Vermette is being put between Boedker and Doan. Vermette is perhaps better at creating space for his team mates by battling hard at the boards while adding some speed and Bødkers goal last night I think is the idea of how this line is supposed to do it's thing. Bødker working hard behind the net to eventually force a turnover close to the net, the puck gets back to the D with a quick release and battle in front of the net results in a goal.

Did Eller switch line last night? He seems to be between Briere and Max Pacioretty on every highlight he's on. With Danish homer goggles on it would be more fun if he stayed with the to two Gallies. I'm not much of a Briere fan and the other two just seems more fun to watch

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
From the highlights it looks like Mikkel Bødker had a pretty good night. His assist is a empty net-situation where he steals the puck from Daniel Alfredsson and beats him by the boards through the neutral and offensive zone before he passes it to a teammate. His goal was a good one to.

Seems like they've juggled the lines in Phoenix. Mike Ribeiro as a center in Tippetts system never was a big success(Goes to show what I know) so he's been moved up to the wing of Hanzal with Vrbata on the other wing. Instead Vermette is being put between Boedker and Doan. Vermette is perhaps better at creating space for his team mates by battling hard at the boards while adding some speed and Bødkers goal last night I think is the idea of how this line is supposed to do it's thing. Bødker working hard behind the net to eventually force a turnover close to the net, the puck gets back to the D with a quick release and battle in front of the net results in a goal.

Did Eller switch line last night? He seems to be between Briere and Max Pacioretty on every highlight he's on. With Danish homer goggles on it would be more fun if he stayed with the to two Gallies. I'm not much of a Briere fan and the other two just seems more fun to watch

Yup, I think it is because Eller is now considered solidifies top 6. Sure it sucks, the kid line was good. But they need to split up the talent.. The rest of the team werent really producing.

So im taking it as a kudos to Lars :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So it seems that Lars Eller was moved from a very productive line to one where it would take some chance to see if it functions; whereas Mikkel Bødker seems to have fund a line last night that seems to work!

I also hoped Montreal would have used the "ElGee's" for some more matches. By the way Eller gets shuffled A LOT in Montreal generally.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
[/B]

Yup, I think it is because Eller is now considered solidifies top 6. Sure it sucks, the kid line was good. But they need to split up the talent.. The rest of the team werent really producing.

So im taking it as a kudos to Lars :)

Well... but didn't the Gallies play second line with Plekanec? But I catch your drift, he did also record over 20 min TOI I think. Note btw that 3-4 games into the season all Danes have goals and min. 2 pts.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well... but didn't the Gallies play second line with Plekanec? But I catch your drift, he did also record over 20 min TOI I think. Note btw that 3-4 games into the season all Danes have goals and min. 2 pts.

Yeah it is the best NHL start ever! Gives us something to write about :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Yeah they did, but Eller's line was 1st. And yeah a little over 20 TOI for Eller. Even though he did not record any points, he was a physical force to be reckoned with.. The Oilers were intimidated into that loss imo.. Haha no Oiler responded to the Eller hit on Hall.. Pathetic...

Pretty diry by Eller, but goes to show that he is in NO WAY afraid after the nasty accident against Ottawa.

Yeah it is the best NHL start ever! Gives us something to write about :D

Exactly!

Also, can't believe you have not mentioned this Bank, but apparently Larsen has been called up to Edmonton:)

Kudos, and only after 2 AHL games.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1514497&highlight=philip+larsen

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Also, can't believe you have not mentioned this Bank, but apparently Larsen has been called up to Edmonton:)

Kudos, and only after 2 AHL games.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1514497&highlight=philip+larsen

I find my own lack of faith disturbing! :laugh: Did even check today. Got my night ruined by Bendtner and co. ;) Please, please be improved on the defensive side Philip! With the momentum of the Danes right now I'm a believer - this is were Philip Larsen takes a spot on the Oilers and never looks back!!! :yo:

EDIT: Back in the AHL Ollie is being Ollie. Gets a hip check served with bad intentions, takes the guy out for a dance and knocks him to the ground. The big guys is acting big!

Mikkel Bødker had a pointless night but Phoenix got a win. Noted that his line got praise for it's good job on the cycle and it did draw some important penalties against(2 vs. Doan and 1 vs. Bødker).

Markus Lauridsen was on ice for two quick goals against and had a penalty. Not a good night there.

Frederik Andersens team got out shot 32-24 but he kept put and got himself a shutout in a 5-0 win. He also recorded an assist, so really good night for him.

Regin and Frans Nielsen were both on ice for Chicago goals...

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Dont know if this is the right thread to write it in and I am not sure whether it has been mentioned before as I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks, but Nicklas Jensen appears to be injured with his shoulder again.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
No Danish points in tonight's games, but good news that Philip Larsen is back on the roster for Edmonton.
So only Danish point was goalie Frederik Andersen's assist in AHL !

Though really bad news for Nicklas Jensen. Hope he is soon ready again and doesn't end with recurrent shoulder problems like Peter Regin.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Goals for Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller(Sort of) last night. Mikkel Bødker tonight.

Last year 8 Danes combined for 35 goals in 265 games(0,13 gpg). So far this year 5 Danes have combined for 12 goals in 27 games(0,44 gpg). Goes to show how streaky these things can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad