Rumor: Dan Cleary leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
No way..... No. Stop. Don't do it.

Why is Holland offering 3 years? TERM PACE TERM PACE.

:laugh: No freaking kidding!! After the Weiss and Alfie signings, I went over to a co-worker who's actually working today and not monitoring the FA activity (sucker) to let him know the curse of Cleary has been lifted, there's no room for him on the roster, etc. And there was much rejoicing in the office.

And then St James, the puppet for Holland, says we're still pursuing the guy. Even 1 year is 1 year too many at this point. But 3 years?!?! Yikes.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
According to LeBrun there is a lot of FA action on CLEARY and the wings are still in the mix

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Nothing is over when it comes to Holland/Babcock/Cleary...

...until he signs somewhere else!

DID WE JINX THE **** OUT OF THIS?

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
Bwaahahahahahaaaa

I just saw that. Can you imagine the Ducks press conference, "Don't worry fans, losing Bobby Ryan may be tough at first, but don't worry, we landed Dan Cleary!!!"

The Ducks won big time on the Bobby Ryan deal

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
According to LeBrun there is a lot of FA action on CLEARY and the wings are still in the mix

I wouldn't mind having Cleary back, but honestly it'd have to be at half of what he wants--like $1.5M AAV for 2 years--which is never going to happen.

We lose grit, but let's just move on.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 6m
Lots of action on UFA winger Dan Cleary. Wings still in the mix

smh

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
I wouldn't mind having Cleary back, but honestly it'd have to be at half of what he wants--like $1.5M AAV for 2 years--which is never going to happen.

Wings also lose the 10th man into the zone every shift

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

What grit? He looks gritty or homeless. He's weak and frail.

RedWingsNow*

I don't understand our signings today.
We're older.
We're softer.

We signed two guys that need first unit PP time to produce a damn thing

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

The only grit we would lose is the gritting of teeth of Wings fans watching this steaming pile playing a top 6 role.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

It takes a lot of grit to tuck your tail between your legs and scream obscenities at the opposition from behind the ref. Cleary has that in spades.

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit

Like I said for Morrow, if he's cheap and doesn't have a long term deal, it is hard to hate. But we all know Babcock will play Clearly in the Top Six until his legs fall off, so I really hope somebody signs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad