Rumor: Dan Cleary leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 5s
Dan Cleary might be the 1 moving on in Detroit.Last night, he was 90% set on joining his best friend SHorcoff in Dallas. Ducks in on it too.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I used to like him, just don't want him around anymore, sad that it ended like this. However, please for the love of God sign anywhere but here Danny boy.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
You know what, guy up'd his game in the playoffs this year and extended his career.

Played hard through injuries and always had the right attitude.

Not his fault how he was used! Best of luck to Danny going forward!

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Lets be honest, it means the Wings are no longer able to give out hometown discounts. So market prices here we come. And for those that speculate its the coach, ere was a 2011 CBC poll during the All Star game and Babcock was a close se one for coaches a player most wants to play for. So it's not the coach, these current players are no longer tied to Orginal 6 or tradition, it's about money, culture and winning.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Yeah, I really, really feel like it bears emphasizing that Dan Cleary has NOT been used correctly recently, especially as of this year, which is the only reason that we've gone so sour on him. Dan Cleary in a 3rd/4th spot for 1.5 mil? I'd do that all day.

Yzerberg

May 6, 2013
Western Kentucky
I always liked Cleary but all things must end. Last couple of years it's been a bad turnover and bad penalty show with him. Plus he has a really hard time getting pucks in nets that don't have opposng players in front of them.

kerjuxaxaxa

Nov 11, 2011
London
You know what, guy up'd his game in the playoffs this year and extended his career.

Played hard through injuries and always had the right attitude.

Not his fault how he was used! Best of luck to Danny going forward!
I sympathize with him, playing with Datsyuk must be very bad.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Two sides to that coin, find it interesting they just won't meet what Cleary, Brunner (he I have bigger questions on) and Filppula in terms of asking price or term. That is partly the teams decision.

I'm a big Filppula fan but he never took that next step to becoming a dominant player in Detroit. Couldn't center his own line. He's a really solid player, he's just not worth what he's likely going to receive on the open market. I think we'd be able to sign him with the old CBA. He'll do well wherever he goes but if anyone expects him to consistently be a 20+ goal scores and 60+ point player they are likely going to be disappointed.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
I'll always be a Cleary fan...he ran his body through the grinder and went into the corners with the Pronger's and Orpik's of the league and never backed down. He's a beat up, broken down player now because of the effort he gave...especially in the playoffs. Od luck to you Dan.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
So, Khan said the Wings offered him 3 years--and he turned it down because he wanted FOUR?! Holy crap, we dodged a bullet there.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive:
No deals between Wings and Cleary and Brunner yet. Both hitting market. Cleary wants 4 years, Wings offered 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->