Rumor: Dan Cleary leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
You know what, guy up'd his game in the playoffs this year and extended his career.

Played hard through injuries and always had the right attitude.

Not his fault how he was used! Best of luck to Danny going forward!

I'll always be a Cleary fan...he ran his body through the grinder and went into the corners with the Pronger's and Orpik's of the league and never backed down. He's a beat up, broken down player now because of the effort he gave...especially in the playoffs. Od luck to you Dan.

Amen. Guy bled for this team. Wish him the best.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
As much as I love the guy's heart, the skillset isn't there to give him the money he wants. Good luck Danny

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Thank You Dan Cleary. For all you did. Wish it didn't have to end this way.

How would you want it to end for him in Detroit? With another contract followed by a farewell tour 3-4 seasons from now?

I won't truly buy in to DFC signing elsewhere until it's reported on multiple major media outlets as I don't want to get my hopes up.

Jim Nill is doing the Wings one last solid :nod:

:laugh: Seriously! So glad to find out that KH and Babs aren't the only members of the Cleary cult, wearing hooded robes and watching his "highlights" from the last few regular seasons and chalking up every unforced turnover, falling untouched over his own skates and offensive zone penalties to his grit/heart/will to win, etc...

And like Hckytwn said, we dodged a major bullet when Danny refused a 3 year deal. I have no idea how Kenny thought another 3 years for DFC was a good idea.

And why on earth would Cleary not sign up for another 3 years playing under Babs? He must not realize that there probably isn't another coach in the league that will tab him as the first injury replacement in the top 6, then staple him there for what seem like an eternity.

RedWingsNow*

Good riddance Dan Cleary ...
Cost us Marian Hossa

Uh oh -- Stars out of Nil Sweepstakes

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Come on jim nill please do my heart a favor and sign this man. He was a warrior for us but his body has left him. Won't hate on him for what he contributed for the wings but its time we moved on from him.

Ok ty instead to van lol. Please be true.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm never gonna hate on Cleary because he's a heart and soul guy.. but if he's gone, thank heaven. He was on his last dance with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad