ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I don't understand our signings today.
We're older.
We're softer.

We signed two guys that need first unit PP time to produce a damn thing

As you said "keep telling yourself that".

Add Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson full time. Cleary is gone. Filppula (who was god awful last season) is gone. Brunner who showed promise but lost his spot in the top 6 is probably gone. Alfredsson is for ONE YEAR. Weiss isn't even a year older than Flip. He'll be 35 by the end of his contract.

Holland had a great FA today.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I don't understand our signings today.
We're older.
We're softer.

We signed two guys that need first unit PP time to produce a damn thing

Alfie is not softer than Brunner.

Weiss and Flip are about was to me.

Cleary loss means some grit goes away but no one wanted him back anyway.

And I don't think many would choose someone like Morrow over Alfie.

Alfie is also on 1 year deal, great locker room guy and leader by reports and doesn't handicap us as Brunner signing might have done if he doesn't produce.

And next year one can insert Järnkrok for Alfie, or Jurco. No room if Brunner is there. So older for one year doesn't mean much to me.

I think that's the way Wings management sees it.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool 1m

#Pens in the mix for Daniel Cleary. Sidney Crosby put in a call to him this afternoon, per @HeleneStJames.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

#Pens in the mix for Daniel Cleary. Sidney Crosby put in a call to him this afternoon, per @HeleneStJames.

This should be a cause for concern for the Pens... obviously Sid is still suffering some severe concussion-related symptoms.

crashman

How could Cleary possibly take that phone call seriously? He's been around way too many real leaders to respect Sid. Hell, Cleary is more of a leader than Sid.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
How could Cleary possibly take that phone call seriously? He's been around way too many real leaders to respect Sid. Hell, Cleary is more of a leader than Sid.

Whether or not you like him or respect him he is the captain and leader of the Pens. He's essentially letting Cleary know he'll be embraced in the locker room etc. great move for a captain to do.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
as happy as I am with how things have gone in general today i'm going to be really nervous until Cleary signs somewhere

extremely worried he'll end up back here

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
as happy as I am with how things have gone in general today i'm going to be really nervous until Cleary signs somewhere

extremely worried he'll end up back here

He needs to go to a contender, because at the trade deadline I will be so pissed if I see that the Red Wings traded a pick to reacquire Cleary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad