GDT: Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 1/20/13 7PM CT

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Much better all around game from the guys tonight, and being 2-0 while working out the kinks can't ask for much more then that. What a great story Harding is tonight, absolutely should be starting again on Tuesday, he's earned it. Very pleased with pretty much everyone's game tonight, and loved those 2nd period chances we got. Well deserved day off tomorrow indeed!

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Was at the game tonight, thought every line played well to great. Defense was OK, but was stellar about half way through the 2nd to halfways through the 3rd. Suter, while having a few gafs in the 1st, really focused and took over. Again, not on the scoresheet but moving that puck JUST SO EFFORTLESSLY. PMB looked top shelf. Clutter actually looks good- time to see if he can hit the net. I was most impressed with our 2nd line, and Parise on the top line. My girl, who's first game it was, was floored and had so much fun, even when I was like 1-0 games leave something to be desired, she loved the Xcel, the atmosphere and people, and all the little things that happen during hockey (especially after I took the entire first period explaining icing, penalties, offsides, etc. She actually said on her own that her respect level for hockey players rose like 100%. :handclap:

Needless to say, by the middle of the 3rd she was yelling because she wanted to see a fight. :yo:

Church of Yeo converted her fast.

Spawnisen

Kaapo Kakko.
Feb 11, 2010
Finland
We had quite a good game and like some have said, all liens played well and we were much more solid all the 3 periods which is so important in the NHL. We can't have a death period!

I absolutely love the first line and it will be tremendous for us that the first line can keep it going.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
We look so much faster as a team we'll see more chances this year.

seto looks faster (or is it just me?) plus Parise plus Bouchard...it makes a huge difference.

edit: and mitchell...he really didn't do all that much individually but the fourth line had some fantastic shifts, and he and Powe's hustle worked well last night.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Great to get another win last night and see Parise get his first goal as a Wild. I had never really watched him much while he was in NJ, so I didn't realize how fast he was. I wish Koivu and Heatley were a little faster so they could keep up. The team still has some areas to work on, as I'm sure lots of teams do. Wild need to work on puck possession in the offensive zone. Start learning where their teammates are. Saw lots of times they would throw the puck behind the net and miss their teammate, and now have to chase after the puck and regain possession. If the Wild can become more effective 5 on 5, this team will be very dangerous.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
seto looks faster (or is it just me?) plus Parise plus Bouchard...it makes a huge difference.

edit: and mitchell...he really didn't do all that much individually but the fourth line had some fantastic shifts, and he and Powe's hustle worked well last night.

Seto is liking to hit :) he is flirting with the back of the net too.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We historically have trouble with the Stars and we changed that up last night. I think this is a sign this is a completely different team. I don't have a blown up head just yet since we have a lot to improve on but it's good to have to improve while still being undefeated. I love where we're at right now.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We historically have trouble with the Stars and we changed that up last night. I think this is a sign this is a completely different team. I don't have a blown up head just yet since we have a lot to improve on but it's good to have to improve while still being undefeated. I love where we're at right now.

I'm happier than I could be considering what my expectations are still for this team. Dallas really wasn't an offensive threat and they still were potting shots on Harding. Colorado is still meh in my book in this division. Edmonton and Vancouver are bigger tests IMO. We will see what we do against Nashville tomorrow. That is the first playoff team caliber team we play this season. The other two (IMO and I know its pretty ignorant) games have essentially been preseason in my eyes until we start playing teams I believe will be in the playoffs.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
an o'reilly or a (good) Benn could have made all the difference in those games, though. We're still sloppy, as are most teams, and an individual effort by a star could have done us in.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
hey...what the crap? I know i bet last night, and i had more than 1000 vCash to begin with...where's my money?

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
Eh, Minnesotans need to get over themselves and their ridiculous unwritten rules of crowd etiquette. I'm tired of getting dirty looks at Wild games for booing a bad call or having a conversation with my buddy. With how silent and milquetoast our crowds have been for years now, I was thrilled just to be able to hear the crowd through the TV. Beggars can't be choosers; a bit of passion and energy is not a bad thing at this point.

I feel you, our crowds are the reason there is one less hockey fan. I took my brother to a game and he left not necessarily hating it, but really annoyed at how quiet the crowd was, and now has no interest to go to another game. Even when I pay :(

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
I kinda hated the breakdown in the last 90 seconds. You have possession in the offensive zone with a man advantage. Why take a shot on goal? Led to a loss of possession which led to a clear which led to a grade A scoring chance and the game finishing in the MN end.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
What was up with our fans booing? I was at the game and the crowd seemed like amateurs. The booing when they took the puck behind the net was like when a pitcher throws over to 1st in baseball.

We are going to differ greatly on this i can tell. Please do not take anything I say as geared towards you (or anyone else for that matter). This is kind of a near and dear thing when it comes to going to games for everyone. But you know why college games (any for that matter) are exponentially more fun to be at (with exception to NFL games)? Because the crowd is rowdy and having an absolute blast at them. They are into the game and cheering on their team.

I am the person who does boo (or the WTF comment with sarcasm thrown in) a pitcher that throws to 1st more than a few times to one or two batters, and I am CERTAINLY the person who will boo a team that goes behind their net for 20 seconds (timed it once during the game) while their entire line gets out there and then dances around for another 10 seconds trying to get a passing lane. People were booing Tampa and Philly last year if you recall because Philly refused to go up ice with it because of the 1-3-1 that Tampa was playing. As a fan, that is boring hockey. We have a fast skating team now, and 3 lines that can score on any given night. Teams doing exactly what Dallas did recognize that and are going to try to slow the game down as much as possible to try to get us while we are blinking. Its a crap tactic to use and Dallas was doing it all game. Hence the boos raining down on them when they did it for the 4th or 5th time in the period.

Personally, if people want to go to a game and do the ****ing wave (as it happened last night...) then make a family only section with no alcohol like Target Field did and go ahead and pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows and your child's virgin ears in public (because lord knows they are hearing it on TV or from the family anyways) can be safe from the drunkards that are around everywhere else. The in game experience is what makes going to games fun when chatting about random hockey stuff with the person next to you and having a good laugh when a player misses a check (as Clutterbuck missed Jagr) and cheering on your team. If people don't want to hear people "boo" or they want to call it amateur hour because of it, then stay at home and listen to yourself while you are watching the game. I can almost assure you that you'll either be going "WTF" "HOW DID YOU MISS THAT?!" etc because of what you are seeing. Why should my live experience be any different than how I would watch it on TV?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
god I was furious when they started that crap last night.

and amen to all of your post.

Lady in front of me was dying when I saw it start on the other side of us and I made a comment about it. Refused 100% to stand up for that crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00