GDT: Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 1/20/13 7PM CT

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Don't get me wrong I do too. But with them being offensive players and a little bigger than spurge, it's not as bad IMO. They are the next best targets. If I'm an opposing coach my advantage every game is when spurgeon is on the ice because of his shear stature. Teams are going to put a bullseye on him every game and I just worry for his safety in the nhl.

Brian Rafalski survived and had a great career, Spurgeon can too.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yes, I love goaltenders that are great positionally, have a quick and confident glove, are athletic with good lateral movement, and can control their rebounds.
as long as their name is Harding. :laugh:

he really didn't have to work hard at all. I was expecting some danger with what Jagr did the night before but Colorado looked a lot more aggressive.

A shutout is a shutout though, and that's one more win against a team some people picked to place ahead of us. I would think he gets the next start, too.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Indeed. Still needs to gain some weight.

as small as he is and as often as he gets taken off the puck he's still overall a lot more effective than three of the other guys we had out there.

offensively he looks better than last year IMO, but defensively he isn't as quick...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just saw Clutterbuck's hit on Robidas.

Man, that was great.

You should see the filthy no look pass Granlund made between his legs to Cullen! Had Cullen been able to finish, it would've been all over YT pretty damn quick I'm sure.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
You should see the filthy no look pass Granlund made between his legs to Cullen! Had Cullen been able to finish, it would've been all over YT pretty damn quick I'm sure.

it was beautiful! i'm surprised Cullen was quick enough on it to make the attempt. Watched it a few times on the DVR just now. Not worried about Granlund fitting in at all.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
plus the blues tend to really pound on people so they should be nice and sore. can only help us.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
****ing 3-pointer in the division. Blah.

In better news, it's amusing how much the Blackhawks @ Coyotes game on NBCSN sounds like a home game for the Hawks. Place is raucous when the road team scores.
I live in Phoenix and was at the game. It's always like that with all the transplants and snow birds. I'm always a Coyotes fan unless the Wild are here.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Clutterbuck seems to be good at it at least.

No need to let other players doing that. You can get a penalty as well.
Exactly. I prefer the safer route: skate faster than the other team. That way they'll have to trip, hold, and hook ya. Of course, there is one exception to that rule. His name is Downie. In which case you don't have to skate faster...in fact, you don't have to skate at all. Just stand there and wait for him to do something stupid. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad