GDT: Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 1/20/13 7PM CT

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Parise's biggest beef with the NJ Devil fanbase basically was that they were not loyal enough or passionate enough. I don't think Zach minded the booing when Dallas was standing there not moving. lol I feel like if you are not doing anything illegal, not physically attacking or verbally assaulting anyone, throwing things, or anything like that, and you're just loud and into it, do what you want. You paid good money to be there, you are emotionally into the team and the energy that goes along with a game you love watching, go for it, don't hold back in the crowds. That is how I feel.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Personally, I wish fans were interested and intelligent enough to LOUDLY cheer on their team when they are playing well. And if they decide to boo any player, it would be cool if the person doing the booing understood WHY they were booing them and not just because it seems to be a fashionable thing to do (see Todd Bertuzzi and Derek Jeter).

I hate "The Wave" and Kiss Cams. Don't really care for canned music and noise, and REALLY detest white outs or red outs or green outs, etc. Can we go back to smoke-filled arenas with organs and lightbulb scoreboards?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I hate booing your own team. Not classy at all.

It's like your wife yelling at you after you ALREADY know that you screwed something up.

Booing is for other teams. Cheering for your team.

Your team should only get positive reinforcement.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Wild games are marketed and geared toward families now more than ever to try to bring in new fans and new season ticket holders, etc. This has been going on for awhile now at the X with the "Wildest Kid of the Game" thing and the parent-kid cartoon trivia contest they have sometimes. It sucks as a vocal fan but I understand that marketing to kids is profitable, and maybe even more so than marketing to the rabid hockey fans. So, the way I see it, they are going to gear their arena experience more toward families because they know the die-hards are going to be there anyway.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
booing doesn't work on puppies or kids. why would it work on hockey players?

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Hey guys

Just wondering how Parise and Suter are playing so far for you? I am personally pleased that the Wild were able to get these guys. Great hockey state!

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Hey guys

Just wondering how Parise and Suter are playing so far for you? I am personally pleased that the Wild were able to get these guys. Great hockey state!

They have both been great. I know that Parise's work ethic is just ridiculous and has already won over just about every Wild fan. As for Suter, he's a workhorse. Great to finally have a guy back there who can do it all. He and Spurg have had some systems/communication/positioning issues but that is to be expected.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I wish the entire crowd would be like the student section at a college game. Would be wild.

Needs more booze.

No .. their "hey lets stand throughout the entire game" thing is annoying as hell. I'm old, I paid for my seat, I want to sit in it, AND still see the game.

Standing is the annoying part?

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

Fin9*

Hey guys

Horrible. Give us Tim Jackman and a conditional 7th for them, and we got a deal. :sarcasm:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Personally, I think the only thing I would add to the crowd dynamic is more chanting. I actually prefer the game to NOT be a college, 18-21 year old drunk, belligerent, orgy of costumes. But, more chanting would be nice. Like Montreal.

Edit: Comparing MTL ONLY for positive chanting purposes, not their highly disrespectful displays.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Personally, I think the only thing I would add to the crowd dynamic is more chanting. I actually prefer the game to NOT be a college, 18-21 year old drunk, belligerent, orgy of costumes. But, more chanting would be nice. Like Montreal.

Edit: Comparing MTL ONLY for positive chanting purposes, not their highly disrespectful displays.

Every game I hear let's go Wild chants, but you can tell it's only from a small fraction of the crowd and it dies down after like 2 minutes lol.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I agree that booing a team who are trying hard and playing well and come up short is stupid. But I pay a lot of money to go to a game, and if the team's just going to be lazy and apathetic and sloppy and generally not appreciate the fact that, hey, they're paid to work their ***** off and entertain us, I'm going to get my money's worth by booing them.

Being silent doesn't motivate a listless, unmotivated team (like the ones we saw night-in and night-out under, say, Todd Richards). It just puts them more to sleep. Getting booed by their own fans sends a message and maybe lights a little fire under their *****.

When the Habs are visiting the X, Montreal fans are louder, prouder, and more fun to be around than Wild fans. It's kind of embarrassing, really.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm no boo-er but i think as far as the players go a crowd actively booing is better than silence. Rather have the hate than apathy.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Every game I hear let's go Wild chants, but you can tell it's only from a small fraction of the crowd and it dies down after like 2 minutes lol.

There were only two times during that game when people were getting loud and that was when they scored and when they were playing the Bush song near the end of the 3rd period. It gets too quiet. I can't stand it to be honest. Chicago typically is in the 100 decibel range throughout the game. There is 100% no reason we can't do the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00