GDT: Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 1/20/13 7PM CT

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
What was up with our fans booing? I was at the game and the crowd seemed like amateurs. The booing when they took the puck behind the net was like when a pitcher throws over to 1st in baseball.

2 times they took it back there for an extended period. I can understand 1-5 seconds, but getting close to 10 is pushing it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What was up with our fans booing? I was at the game and the crowd seemed like amateurs. The booing when they took the puck behind the net was like when a pitcher throws over to 1st in baseball.

Nothing amateur about the booing, it was deserved. Taking it behind the net to set up a play for a couple seconds is ok, but then sitting there for 10-15 seconds...you will get booed for that in ANY arena!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
All I want is for him to put on some weight so he doesn't get thrown around as much. You didn't notice it tonight but you did game 1. Yeah that one play sticks out tonight, but mistakes happen. I just prefer bigger defenseman or somebody who can at least hold their own defensively.
Oh I certainly remember him getting knocked around last night. Looked like he had a target on him. I was impressed with how he kept getting back up though. :nod:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
You and I saw two different games! Harding was only out of position once, other than that his positioning was absolutely spot on! His rebound control was astounding, which was one of the biggest reasons there were no second and third chances etc, always directing the rebound away from the pressure etc.

Astounding?! Way over the top.

and i didn't think spurge looked any better tonight.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Oh I certainly remember him getting knocked around last night. Looked like he had a target on him. I was impressed with how he kept getting back up though. :nod:

Agreed. I'm afraid he won't get up one of these times if teams keep targeting him like that. They were seriously trying to concuss the kid.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Agreed. I'm afraid he won't get up one of these times if teams keep targeting him like that. They were seriously trying to concuss the kid.
Yeah, but for what it's worth, I have that same fear about Granlund and Butch. Unfortunately, it's something we're gonna have to get use to with the way the league is now.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Eh, Minnesotans need to get over themselves and their ridiculous unwritten rules of crowd etiquette. I'm tired of getting dirty looks at Wild games for booing a bad call or having a conversation with my buddy. With how silent and milquetoast our crowds have been for years now, I was thrilled just to be able to hear the crowd through the TV. Beggars can't be choosers; a bit of passion and energy is not a bad thing at this point.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm just glad every team is rusty right around now. Okay, was it just me or is Gilbert our most physical defenseman? that doesn't seem right.

OpRedDawn*

Wild still get hemmed up in their own zone waaaaay too much. We did have a few nice shifts where we had zone time, but was tough to shots.

Clutter and Seto looked good and fast. Heater looked super slow.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Yeah, but for what it's worth, I have that same fear about Granlund and Butch. Unfortunately, it's something we're gonna have to get use to with the way the league is now.

Don't get me wrong I do too. But with them being offensive players and a little bigger than spurge, it's not as bad IMO. They are the next best targets. If I'm an opposing coach my advantage every game is when spurgeon is on the ice because of his shear stature. Teams are going to put a bullseye on him every game and I just worry for his safety in the nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad