Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Dan Hamhuis (2 years, $3.750M AAV)

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Dallas: -3 dmen, +1 dman. I'm waiting for more to happen

Unless you're hoping that a Nemeth or Oleksiak gets dealt or re-signed (Oleksiak only), don't expect anything else on the blueline front. Their top 4 is essentially set for this season with Hamhuis, Klingberg, Oduya, and Johns and the bottom pairing will be up for grabs between Jordie, Lindell, and one or both of Oleksiak and Nemeth.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As for dan i see some canucks fans still have an emotional attachment, to me his best days are far behind him, some nights he plays well, other nights he will make several bad plays that leave you very frustrated where he has melt downs defensively.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Apparently on tsn1040 when they discussed it with other media and former players and management, if benning caved last minute and took anything it sends an even worse message about him (then already present) to gm's about walking all over benning. Doug wilson supposedly dragged him along at the draft last year and benning had to take a stand and move bieksa to the ducks.

With that said, it should have never came to this, they should have asked dan to waive his ntc well in advance, he didnt read the market properly and didnt prepare and the deadline was a failure.
I'm no fan of Benning, but it's pretty obvious this is the reasoning.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
slightly more that I'd want to pay but still one of the better signings on the day

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
wasn't because of Benning. it was our owner. Benning had a deal but out owner nixed it because he wants more due to not liking the Dallas owner because of problems that happened in vancouver

This was a rumor but it also would be a product of my first post in here where benning waited far to long and over valued dan's worth on the market, then at the last minute when dallas wanted to take benning to school for peanuts to acquire him, benning had to take a stand, whether ownership was involved remains a mystery.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Hamhuis is probably a #4 at this point. Hilariously, I heard on TSN 1040 the Canucks might be in on Kris Russell. Which would suck, as Dallas should know.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Absolute bargain of a contract. He's also going to be a great mentor to the young d-men joining their lineup. Benning continues to show why he's the worst GM in the league, and one of the worst GMs in the history of the NHL.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Hamhuis is probably a #4 at this point. Hilariously, I heard on TSN 1040 the Canucks might be in on Kris Russell. Which would suck, as Dallas should know.

Canucks nation on TSN1040 seems to like the Kris Russell courting...provided it results in jettisoning Sbisa.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
The fact we don't have to protect him at the expansion draft is huge. We need to protect Klingberg, Johns, and Lindell--can't afford to protect Hamhuis.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Hamhuis - Klingberg
Oduya - Johns
Lindell - Nemeth
Benn

Meh...I sort of like it?

Edit: Deal wise, the contract is great

Yeah its great with 1 year left for Oduya and 2 for Hamhuis. Lindell starts 3rd pairing and by the end of the year he bump Oduya, then same thing the following year with Hamhuis. Perfect to ease the kid in

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
As for dan i see some canucks fans still have an emotional attachment, to me his best days are far behind him, some nights he plays well, other nights he will make several bad plays that leave you very frustrated where he has melt downs defensively.

That's fair, but on balance, probably still the team's 3rd best Dman.

Good signing by DAL. He's the consummate professional. Good luck Dan.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Can someone explain it. What is reason for not trading Hamhuis? For me it is just stupidity. I don´t understand it. getting a 7th round pick is better than getting nothing.

edit. People already gave some explanation before my post thanks for that!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad