Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Dan Hamhuis (2 years, $3.750M AAV)

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Good signing! Hamhuis is a great guy, teammate and quality guy to add, he's still a top 4 D man and should be throughout this contract, solid signing.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
A++ job, Benning. Instead of getting some value for Hamhuis, you get nothing. Well done, sir.

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
This deal makes me want to cry. Exactly the contract I wanted to give hammer if it had not been for the Sbisa signing. He was and would've been the perfect mentor to Tryamkin. It's a sad day to be a Canucks fan.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I would guess a chance at the Cup played into his decision.

It was because Benning simply didn't want him. Banning is choosing Sbisa over Hamhuis.

That is why he is a Dallas Star right now. Once Van was out of the picture, yes Im sure Dallas being a good team and actually wanting him was a big draw for Hammer.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
what a strong team Dallas is now, not that they weren't before, but Hamhuis makes their D a lot better.

Belfour20

Jul 26, 2005
Second best deal of the day (behind Campbell's discount in Chicago). Great signing for Dallas

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Okay. So yeah, the Canucks should have got something for Hamhuis and I'm a fan of hamhuis, though his best days are past. But Dallas didn't do well out of the Hamhuis fiasco either. They traded assets (Jokipakka, Pollock and a conditional 2nd) for final year Russell who got them exactly jack and squat during the Playoffs.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
A++ job, Benning. Instead of getting some value for Hamhuis, you get nothing. Well done, sir.

Yes like Eriksson Lucic Backes Ladd Okposo??????

We got cap space and a 30 goal scorer so there's that?

Ohhh and what did you guys get for Demers Russell and Goligoski exactly???

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Seriously :laugh: why wouldn't Benning just take ANYTHING to trade him there last season.

Apparently on tsn1040 when they discussed it with other media and former players and management, if benning caved last minute and took anything it sends an even worse message about him (then already present) to gm's about walking all over benning. Doug wilson supposedly dragged him along at the draft last year and benning had to take a stand and move bieksa to the ducks.

With that said, it should have never came to this, they should have asked dan to waive his ntc well in advance, he didnt read the market properly and didnt prepare and the deadline was a failure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad